What one player (that played for the Falcons) were you completely wrong about?

18 minutes ago, papachaz said:

getting more time? Ito got more time as they stopped playing Todd down the stretch. If you didn't need one after your claims how great he'd be if he'd just get at least what was it, 20 carries? and then when he got it didn't prove anything, there won't be any lawyer needed for me either.

Your fascination with him, has you in the vast minority. with the number of backs that come out every year, I have my doubts dude will be on any team anywhere next year, but if he's still here I'll still hope he does well. and I'll fuss when he doesn't. You know, just like I do for all of 'em  ;)

Brian hill is RB3 REALLY.  He's not our hoss, he's not really a change of pace back, not really a receiver.  He's there. 

16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Dan Quinn as defensive coordinator. 

Dante Fowler

Itto Smith 

Haha, I still haven't given up on Ito. He feels kind of like pre-Shanny Freeman to me.

I'm not saying he's an all pro but possibly a great 1b back like Coleman was here. He just needs to stay healthy. 

27 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Brian hill is RB3 REALLY.  He's not our hoss, he's not really a change of pace back, not really a receiver.  He's there. 

that's all he's ever been, besides cut, LOL

but to hear him post about him, you'd think he was the second coming of jim brown or something

I thought Roddy was a terrible pick and for the first couple of years I felt vindicated because he didn’t perform. I’m happy to say that Roddy is to this day one of my all time favorite Falcons. I was totally wrong about him and his physical abilities, albeit ring of honor worthy, pales in comparison with his overall personality and persona as a true Falcon, aints hate and all. 

1 hour ago, sandtrap said:

I thought Roddy was a terrible pick and for the first couple of years I felt vindicated because he didn’t perform. I’m happy to say that Roddy is to this day one of my all time favorite Falcons. I was totally wrong about him and his physical abilities, albeit ring of honor worthy, pales in comparison with his overall personality and persona as a true Falcon, aints hate and all. 

I totally understand.. there are a lot of doubters on this board about how good Brian Hill can be , with some added playing time, just like at the end of last year.. People on this board will see that Hill is legit . And deserves more time in the games.. Here's the good news.. the fans are not in charge of who plays ,, But our New coaches are in Charge and they will got about his evaluation hopefully the right way.. I think they will give most of the players on this team a chance to prove themselves ,, And for that reason .. I'm pretty sure he'll make this team this year and make a lot of you guys a Fan too.  

This is weird ,, a few minutes ago after I was thinking that I'd love to have a Jersey of Hill's ,, BTW,, I've always thought if Hill gets a chance to show what he could do,, It would be evident that he should play more.. way more.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:16 AM, Herr Doktor said:

Laurent Robinson should have been a **** star.  

Unfortunately i too assumed he would be. 

Spoon, Hageman, and Southward all had me head over heels. Marcus Green a few years ago gave me hope we had a Tarik Cohen type weapon.

Outside of the Falcons org for the giggles, I thought Aaron Donald would be a lesser player.

Just now, Geaux_Falcons said:

Unfortunately i too assumed he would be. 

Spoon, Hageman, and Southward all had me head over heels. Marcus Green a few years ago gave me hope we had a Tarik Cohen type weapon.

Outside of the Falcons org for the giggles, I thought Aaron Donald would be a lesser player.

Aaron Donald "too small".  Most of thought he'd be decent but not the freaking monster he is now.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Haha, I still haven't given up on Ito. He feels kind of like pre-Shanny Freeman to me.

I'm not saying he's an all pro but possibly a great 1b back like Coleman was here. He just needs to stay healthy. 

Ito Smith is one of the best between the tackle RB’s I’ve honestly seen in a while. He shifts and finds holes that neither Gurley nor Brian Hill see. People so obsessed with Hill’s effort they don’t see who’s the most talented of the two and what upsets me is that due to some type of vanity about size (Ito is a smaller back) they would rather Gurley and Hill get all the carries when Ito has made something out of nothing more times than Hill and Gurley.

Easily, it was Jimmy Williams for me. I had strong connections with the coaches and program back then, so I got to see a lot more of Jimmy and other Hokies players than just about anyone besides the coaching staff. I really thought he was going to be a shutdown corner for us and I thought he would be a steal where we selected him.

I was also quite possibly the biggest Vick homer around here. Even though Vick was a good player, he didn't reach the levels that I thought his athletic abilities suggested. He really was a generational type of athlete. 

1 hour ago, Hokies&Falcons said:

Easily, it was Jimmy Williams for me. I had strong connections with the coaches and program back then, so I got to see a lot more of Jimmy and other Hokies players than just about anyone besides the coaching staff. I really thought he was going to be a shutdown corner for us and I thought he would be a steal where we selected him.

I was also quite possibly the biggest Vick homer around here. Even though Vick was a good player, he didn't reach the levels that I thought his athletic abilities suggested. He really was a generational type of athlete. 

Crazy how I thought Jimmy would be “Richard Sherman” before Richard Sherman... Skill-Set was off the charts. I have no clue why he never developed...

I was wrong about vic beasley. Really thought he could have been the pass rusher we haven't had since JA55. Another player I was wrong about and did better than I though his rookie year was AJ Terrell. I know too soon but still 

3 hours ago, Hokies&Falcons said:

did you work for the team?

William Moore. Injuries were the issue but I looked right past his college hobbles and loved the second round value. I guess as long as I can remember the falcons have never had a star safety longer than a season or two and I wanted to believe he was that anchor.