What one player (that played for the Falcons) were you completely wrong about?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many to admit here. But the worst was Beasley. I thought he was as can’t miss as they come. 

I can't say I put any effort into evaluating him, but I certainly didn't think Peter Konz was going to be such an epic failure. 

Takk. I liked his raw emotion and passion on draft day. Too bad, Gus’s Fried chicken took over.  On the flip side I thought Ryan was going to be a bust. 

1 hour ago, DirtyBird2 said:

What player (one on offense, one on defense) did you bang your fist on the table for and were absolutely positive they would become a star for this team, only for them to fail epically? 

I still cant believe I thought Joplo Bartu was going to be the next best thing at LB for this team

I firmly believed that S-Jax was going to be a complete monster with us.

Glad Im not the GM 😂

Yeah man... You definitely living on that Best Case scenario attitude. Which is great for your work, personal life, etc.... But when it comes to the Falcons I've learned to expect the unexpected.

With that being said.... I thought Jamaal Anderson would be a decent DE and was pure garbage. 

14 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Man Quizz held his own. He wasn't god awful by any means. 

He never broke 400 yards for us. Ever. He never averaged over 4 yards a carry with us. He never scored more than 2 TDs a yr with us.

He wasn't good. He was a 5th, but I thought he would be slightly productive with us...

2 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:

What player (one on offense, one on defense) did you bang your fist on the table for and were absolutely positive they would become a star for this team, only for them to fail epically? 

I still cant believe I thought Joplo Bartu was going to be the next best thing at LB for this team

I firmly believed that S-Jax was going to be a complete monster with us.

Glad Im not the GM 😂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joplo-bartu-654164ba/

Darius Johnson. He fought to make it after being undrafted. Then when Julio went out for the year he got his chance and showed some real potential. Sadly his mental was not right, got busted for a DUI and that was all she wrote for his NFL Career.

I also was a big fan of Lawrence Sidbury and thought we got a massive steal with him in the 4th. Sadly he never made an impact and his whole career only netted him 5 sacks.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Man, maybe I shouldnt have started this thread. SOOO many bad memories 😂

No problem. A thread for all of our Falcon good memories would only be about a half a page of comments and would fall off the front page in an hour. So feel good! This is taking up some of that dead off-season air time. :lol:

I can't really think of many, but that is because it is very rare for me to have strong takes on players. I pretty much live with a "show me" approach. That is another reason I don't believe in mocking and such...no strong takes on the unproven.

One guy I disagree with TAFT about is late career Keith Brookings. I never thought he was the disaster he was made out to be around here in his twilight. Why did everyone insist on adding the "s" anyway? It just seems like every few years TAFT will latch onto a "not the problem" player and just kick them to the curb without mercy. If Ryan and Julio were not obviously the best in team history at their position, they would be the current punching bags. Only their likely HOS status allows them to enjoy mixed reviews here. I think it boils down to the fact that fans are not as willing to see players get paid for their career contributions in their last few seasons as some franchises seem to be. 

Now there are a few guys I hoped would be better than they were, but I never predicted it. Those guys include Reggie "Super Gnat" Smith, William Andrews in his comeback attempt, and Chris Miller. 

Dang, didnt think this thread would take off like this. Lol

Just to add a few more to the misery pile:

Sam "T-rex" Baker

Decoud

Chris Houston

Tyson Jackson

There was also a MLB who I think ended up going to the Giants who I said the FO were fools for letting him go. I thought he was going to be the next best thing.

15 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Dang, didnt think this thread would take off like this. Lol

Just to add a few more to the misery pile:

Sam "T-rex" Baker

Decoud

Chris Houston

Tyson Jackson

There was also a MLB who I think ended up going to the Giants who I said the FO were fools for letting him go. I thought he was going to be the next best thing.

Baker is another "not as bad as his reputation on TAFT" candidate for me. He was overpaid. That isn't his fault, but fans magnify every shortcoming under those conditions.