What one player (that played for the Falcons) were you completely wrong about?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many to admit here. But the worst was Beasley. I thought he was as can’t miss as they come. 

I can't say I put any effort into evaluating him, but I certainly didn't think Peter Konz was going to be such an epic failure. 

Takk. I liked his raw emotion and passion on draft day. Too bad, Gus’s Fried chicken took over.  On the flip side I thought Ryan was going to be a bust. 

1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Anderson- 4.5 sacks in 60 games

Takk- 17.5 sacks in 49 games

I still remember JA98 doing pushups when he finally got his first sack

I never thought JA 98 was any good. If not for Petrine, he dhouldnt have been here. I wanted Adrian Peterson but Vikings picked him just before Falcons. I thought they would go with Patrick Willis. Brooking wasn’t getting any younger. 

11 minutes ago, emc008 said:

Yea but that 1 year I saw some serious potential and upside paired with defenses focusing on JJ, I truly thought he would open the top off everytime.... sigh...good coordinators

I remember Aldrick replacing JJ that one game.... stat-wise Robinson had a Julio-esque game.    JJ, Sanu, Gabriel, Robinson.... heck of a receiving corps!

Edited by egoprime II

Offense: Gonna go the other way I didn't want Julio because of his drops in college.  I thought his drops would plateau his value as an average at best starter in the NFL. One HOF career later I look stupid.

Defense: I really liked Peria Jerry.  I know some of the failure was injuries but still him never turning into Rod Coleman 2.0 was a major Heartbreaker for me.

Edited by #84
18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I would say Fowler but i won't judge a player that played through injury. Peria Jerry is probably the biggest miss i can recall. Everyone else I just boost up because I don't want my notifications blown to shreds because people disagree

Almost word for word. Was gonna say I was excited for Fowler but it's early to pass judgment, so Jerry is definitely my biggest one. I loved Beasley coming out but can hardly say people (incl myself) were completely wrong...even if it was a fluke, he was the NFL sacks leader and the best overall pass roster on our team for the better part of 5 years.

Been wrong about many players.  I was in the Dorsey/Brauhm camp.  Loved Sean Weatherspoon and Vic Beasley.  With that said, have been right a time or two as well.  Wanted Clay Matthew’s the year we drafted Jerry.  Didn’t like the Takk pick, wanted TJ Watt.  Not draft but didn’t like the FA pickup of Fowler last offseason.  I’m sure there are more on both sides but those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.  

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Almost word for word. Was gonna say I was excited for Fowler but it's early to pass judgment, so Jerry is definitely my biggest one. I loved Beasley coming out but can hardly say people (incl myself) were completely wrong...even if it was a fluke, he was the NFL sacks leader and the best overall pass roster on our team for the better part of 5 years.

For me with Beasley, once he opened his mouth on draft night and labeled himself a double digit sack guy, he had that target on his back. I hate it when unproven players say things too soon. Love the self confidence but you gotta show something first. Each and every season after 2016 I rooted for him to prove me and others wrong about that season being a fluke. I was honestly rooting for him to thrive in Tennessee along with Clowney. 

As for Jerry, I thought he was about to be the next best thing. Quick DT that would perfect swim moves and could get to the QB fast. That **** didn't work