What one player (that played for the Falcons) were you completely wrong about?

What player (one on offense, one on defense) did you bang your fist on the table for and were absolutely positive they would become a star for this team, only for them to fail epically? 

I still cant believe I thought Joplo Bartu was going to be the next best thing at LB for this team

I firmly believed that S-Jax was going to be a complete monster with us.

Glad Im not the GM 😂

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too many to admit here. But the worst was Beasley. I thought he was as can’t miss as they come. 

I can't say I put any effort into evaluating him, but I certainly didn't think Peter Konz was going to be such an epic failure. 

Takk. I liked his raw emotion and passion on draft day. Too bad, Gus’s Fried chicken took over.  On the flip side I thought Ryan was going to be a bust. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

What player (one on offense, one on defense) did you bang your fist on the table for and were absolutely positive they would become a star for this team, only for them to fail epically? 

I still cant believe I thought Joplo Bartu was going to be the next best thing at LB for this team

Glad Im not the GM 😂

Peerless Price... What wasted first round pick forfeit. 

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Glad Im not the GM 😂

RB Bubba Bean, former 1st round pick, 1976.   Dude just never amounted to much.

DT Tony Casillas, 2nd pick in the -entire- draft, 1985 or so.   Only player picked ahead of Casillas was Bo Jackson by Tampa Bay.   Casillas never got past above average, he strained to be -that- good.   Headcase....  Vic Beasley without ever having that one big season like Beasley had.

D- Jamaal Anderson. I thought he was perfect for what we needed. We had Abe as the speed guy and we needed someone bigger and stronger on the other side. I still liked AP and Calvin more but thought we had no chance at either. The other guy I liked was Patrick Willis at the time.

O- I'm going with Roddy but in a good way. I didn't like the pick at the time because we just drafted Jenkins recently and then in his first couple years did nothing to endear him to me. I started working out with a former teammate of his and I was talking all sorts of mad crap about him and he told me that Roddy was going to break out and dang if he wasn't right.

6 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

RB Bubba Bean, former 1st round pick, 1976.   Dude just never amounted to much.

DT Tony Casillas, 2nd pick in the -entire- draft, 1985 or so.   Only player picked ahead of Casillas was Bo Jackson by Tampa Bay.   Casillas never got past above average, he strained to be -that- good.   Headcase....  Vic Beasley without ever having that one big season like Beasley had.

How could a running back with the name Bubba Bean be bad at anything?