Time to draft a good RB after pathetic 2020 RB performance.

21 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Chuba is my favorite back in the entire draft. I think he goes in the 2nd though. 

Take a look at those 2019 #'s! He had a "down" season in the Covid year, but if he would have skipped 2020 and "trained" like a Parsons or Chase. He is a 1st round back. Take a look at how many fumbles he has has in his time at OSU.

I agree. His patience waiting for blocks reminds me of Le'Veon Bell then he has that f'in burst to follow

30 minutes ago, jetpac said:

I’d throw up with this draft, just horrible yuck. 

I have a feeling you're going to throw up on draft day anyway, so might as well get the bag ready.

Most of us will be very happy.  But you have a one-track mind on what we should do at 4 and it is going to color your perception of the draft no matter what.

44 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Part of it is scheme. The run game that Koetter ran, when he ran a run game, was terrible. It was just run straight and hope a hole opens up. What's odd is that when Gurley had a great game vs Carolina, it was because of all the mixing up of runs. He went outside, inside, there were zone blocks. It was the kind of run game he excels in. Then they stopped doing it and his knee pooped out.

Ito did well running between the the tackles but he is able to slip through the small holes.

That said flush them all and start from scratch.

These numbers already account for scheme. In a similar situation other RB do better.  No excuses for TG.

10 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Good stats. If he's there in the 2nd, I would love Etienne... a great receiver as well as RB. If not, I'd probably wait until round 4 or 5 and snag Hubbard

I like Harris better as pass catching RB. I would be happy if Falcons got Etienne. 

2 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:
Well here you go
team logo
  • ATL
    Najee Harris
    RB Alabama
    trade icon
  • ATL
    Zaven Collins
    LB Tulsa

• ATL
    Jaelan Phillips
    EDGE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • ATL
    Mac Jones
    QB Alabama

• ATL
    Quinn Meinerz
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
    trade icon
  • 2022 NE 1st

I would be cool with this draft if FA addresses some defensive positions. I like Mac Jones in 3rd

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I would be cool with this draft if FA addresses some defensive positions. I like Mac Jones in 3rd

If Jones is there in the 3rd we should sprint to the podium.

I don't think he will be, but good grief -- that's a steal of a pick there.  Even if his ceiling is solid backup, that's a great value pick.

Just now, JDaveG said:

If Jones is there in the 3rd we should sprint to the podium.

I don't think he will be, but good grief -- that's a steal of a pick there.  Even if his ceiling is solid backup, that's a great value pick.

Yeah.. I am open to idea of trading back from #35 to late first round if one of top 5 QB picks fall. Just don't see the Value at#4. Falcons are well positioned to trade down and trade back up in to late first round. I hope TF is working on call combinations. 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Part of it is scheme. The run game that Koetter ran, when he ran a run game, was terrible. It was just run straight and hope a hole opens up. What's odd is that when Gurley had a great game vs Carolina, it was because of all the mixing up of runs. He went outside, inside, there were zone blocks. It was the kind of run game he excels in. Then they stopped doing it and his knee pooped out.

Ito did well running between the the tackles but he is able to slip through the small holes.

That said flush them all and start from scratch.

Until we fix the blocking(either through scheme or by personal) it won’t matter who’s behind the line. 

The running game is 80% line and 20% back which is why I am a fix the trench lean. 

By the way.... 

That’s what she said!!!! :lol::slick::slick:

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Until we fix the blocking(either through scheme or by personal) it won’t matter who’s behind the line. 

The running game is 80% line and 20% back which is why I am a fix the trench lean. 

By the way.... 

That’s what she said!!!! :lol::slick::slick:

Turns out the RB can’t even do that 20%. They are underperforming the scheme and OL blocking. It’s time for RB who can help the OL and Scheme. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Turns out the RB can’t even do that 20%. They are underperforming the scheme and OL blocking. It’s time for RB who can help the OL and Scheme. 

Yeah, we need a back that can beat that guy in the backfield that’s almost on him at hand off and then create his own holes after that. 😉

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, we need a back that can beat that guy in the backfield that’s almost on him at hand off and then create his own holes after that. 😉

Did you read the post? lol. It shows how pathetic the RB were last year. Its not OL or scheme, our RB were losing more than half yard per attempt compared to a normal RB in same situation. Its time to stop making excuses fo RB.

I know we need a lot of defense from this draft, but I think we HAVE to spend a pick on RB.  There are quite a few in this draft class that would be an upgrade for us and aside from maybe Etienne and Harris, they should be around in round 2-3.   I think Jevonte Williams is my favorite but I'd be happy with Etienne, Harris, Hubbard, or Sermon.   I think any one of them would be a huge upgrade for us.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Did you read the post? lol. It shows how pathetic the RB were last year. Its not OL or scheme, our RB were losing more than half yard per attempt compared to a normal RB in same situation. Its time to stop making excuses fo RB.

Yes, I read the post.

Did you realize the line works had and hand with the backs? Lol

I don’t think we have great backs and I TOO think we need one this draft, However.... 

If we have an atrocious OL it won’t matter is my point and stats are more of a tale of the line than the backs. 

14 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yes, I read the post.

Did you realize the line works had and hand with the backs? Lol

I don’t think we have great backs and I TOO think we need one this draft, However.... 

If we have an atrocious OL it won’t matter is my point and stats are more of a tale of the line than the backs. 

It does, my point is the OL wasn’t the biggest problem. RB were doing no favor to the OL. It’s time to invest RB in draft. 

32 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It does, my point is the OL wasn’t the biggest problem. RB were doing no favor to the OL. It’s time to invest RB in draft. 

My point is, we don’t know because the line was that bad against the run. 

And drafting a back would be a waste IF we don’t fix the line as sure, they maybe better than what we have but it wouldn’t be a significant difference.

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

My point is, we don’t know because the line was that bad against the run. 

And drafting a back would be a waste IF we don’t fix the line as sure, they maybe better than what we have but it wouldn’t be a significant difference.

We do know OL wasn’t as bad as RB. Put Chubb or any of the other RB on that list they are getting more yards. This stat is not YPC, it’s from tracking a player with proximity to defender, OL and other factors.  Like I said, it is obvious RB are pathetic. Giving a great OL won’t make them perform any better than normal. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

We do know OL wasn’t as bad as RB. Put Chubb or any of the other RB on that list they are getting more yards. This stat is not YPC, it’s from tracking a player with proximity to defender, OL and other factors.  Like I said, it is obvious RB are pathetic. Giving a great OL won’t make them perform any better than normal. 

We will agree to only partially agree that we need a back in this draft.

I think it's high time to draft a big punisher of a RB. Not to try and replicate Henry or anything like that, it's just that the league has been trending towards smaller LBers that can defend passes more and the run less.

I want one of those dudes that the other team hates to try and tackle because it hurts to. One of those dudes that will wear out the defense. Arthur Smith seems like he runs the scheme for that kind of guy.