Can you imagine Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley AND Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith on the same roster?!?

Falcons Fan MVP

Honestly I could see us drafting a WR or Pitts. Most likely we try and trade back and get the best defender. If not though I could see WR. Julio has 1 maybe 2 years left with us at most to me. So why not replace him with a top guy if you can't move out or you don't think a defender is worth it. 

Makes more since then drafting a T to play G or a QB who will sit 2 years.

21 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

If Sewell is taken early. Chase or smith could fall to us. And fontenot will pull the trigger. 

Fontenot said he will draft the bpa. He also said there's nothing wrong with adding to a strength.

Chase or Smith will make this wr corp scary.

Sewell is who I would draft round 1. As much as I'd live to have Pitts or another elite WR. All of them have potential to be a quarterbacks best friend.

24 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

If Sewell is taken early. Chase or smith could fall to us. And fontenot will pull the trigger. 

Fontenot said he will draft the bpa. He also said there's nothing wrong with adding to a strength.

Chase or Smith will make this wr corp scary.

I definitely think WR would be BPA at the 4th pick. We will see if TF stands by his word. This time last year Chase was considered by some as the best player in the 2021 draft

I see quite a few suggestions on the board & I actually like thinking about these things.  TF said, go get that value of BPA.

Every time someone does offer up a top notch player that might not be the position of most need, everybody jumps in the pool with their favorite "position of choice" where we have need.

That's all fine & dandy, but I want difference makers & if that means a bad mamma jamma at WR fine.  I mean JJ is gone shortly anyways.  

I just love the thought of dropping back & picking up selections because then we can grab 2 or 3 more guys & choose true BPA's who are at the top of the talent pool at a particular position.

50 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yea, we still wouldn't be able to run the ball or play defense. 

To be fair, we haven’t seen FA yet! :ninja:

Whatever we do with #4 MUST lead to a key infusion on one side of the ball directly; preferably defense but again...a trade down might net both sides of the ball even more so! :tiphat:

At cost of maybe missing on a slightly better player. :shrug: 

This is where drafting for need should be a situation to avoid. Be flexible for not needing a starter at any one position and try to net a better roster by taking BPA on your own board (not the mocks; which is a root of much of the mentality behind opinions anyway)