How surprised would you be if Quadree Ollison became our number one back next year?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As surprised as wheaties learning that Bruce Jenner would eventually become a woman. 

I would love it

You win the internet today! Super funny!🤣

I would be surprised to see him as the main back but not to surprised to see him as a contributor..

One thing to remember about Freeman is....he actually was not meant to be the starter for the Falcons....that was Coleman.

It was only after Teco got hurt did Freeman become a starter.

Just now, Mister pudding said:

This is how we turn around our running game? I doubt he will ever be anything more than a short yardage back... ok to have on the team, but not starting please

Kinda like the old “how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop” thing...the world may never know. 

Nothing more than a goalline back. Hated the pick when we made it and still do. He was a worse version of Brian Hill who we already had on the roster coming out of college.

Ito should be the only RB currently on the roster on this team next year. We need a #1 guy that can handle bulk carries and a change of pace back for passing situations (Deion Lewis/JD McKissic type). Demetric Felton would be perfect.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Devonta Freeman didn't get much playing time under Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter. Then Kyle Shanahan came in as offensive coordinator and Freeman was balling.

How surprised would you be if Quadree Ollison had a break out year next season and became our number one back?

I would be shocked. I don't think that any of our backs are anything other than a back-up. I would jettison all of them. 

21 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I’m thinking Ollison is a preseason cut. Seriously, if Ollison were any good then we’d of seen more of him already; he has 23 career rushes for 2.3 ypc. I would love it if the guy were a beast, but I’ve seen  nothing at the NFL level that suggest he is.

Not true.

Reading between the lines on something Morris said...he had to earn his PT in practice.

He also had a fumbling problem last year.

But still in a very small sample size he converted TDs and first downs at a really good rate despite his ypc....so there has been a glimpse of him being a good goal line/short yardage type back.

Just now, Jesus said:

He's big and cheap. Maybe he can turn into something. Stranger things have happened. Meanwhile draft a decent back...there are a few in this draft.

Sign one, draft a couple and let everyone fight for carries in practice.

One good thing about a new staff is that everyone has a chance at a clean slate.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Not true.

Reading between the lines on something Morris said...he had to earn his PT in practice.

He also had a fumbling problem last year.

But still in a very small sample size he converted TDs and first downs at a really good rate despite his ypc....so there has been a glimpse of him being a good goal line/short yardage type back.

If you get the line working like Tennessee's line, he'll have holes where he can make plays.

1 hour ago, PapaJoe said:

50/50. Don't know why he wasn't used far more for past two seasons. I have to assume it was primarily because DQ and DK are both pretty stupid in some ways, and the RB choice may be yet another. It may also be that Ollison simply isn't getting it done.  This year will tell us which it was.

He looked pretty good what little I've seen. I remember he got a first down on a 4th and short against Carolina.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

If you get the line working like Tennessee's line, he'll have holes where he can make plays.

well one thing we need to do is we need to get better blocking out tight end and fullback positions 

There were alot.....I mean alot of times where the linemen had their blocks set up and Smith or Hurst just whiffed and allowed their guy to make a tackle.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

well one thing we need to do is we need to get better blocking out tight end and fullback positions 

There were alot.....I mean alot of times where the linemen had their blocks set up and Smith or Hurst just whiffed and allowed their guy to make a tackle.

Hurst was wasted for half the year. He can get better at blocking but really what was the deal with Luke Stocker. He was signed to block and he sucked at it. 

Get a fullback fer sure.