Jump to content

Does anyone REALLY care that the Bucs won it all?


tl;dr
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't remember any bucs fan coming here and talking trash after our SB failure.  I do recall some saints fans, and patriot fans coming here to troll hard.  Also the bucs have been pretty classy imo.  Honestly they probably didn't think they were SB material at least up to their bye, because their record was pretty average at that point.  I cannot wait for our turn though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not at all. I understand that it’s never been all Brady. He’s the partially the product of great organizations and great coaching but when the dude is inside the 20 he gets 7 points and doesn’t settle for 3. As Steve Young said which I’ve parroted for 25 years. “Settling for 3 points is 3 points closer to losing” Brady makes plays. Throws. He’s a winner. Granted he’s been a part of better organizations, but the plays still have to be made. He makes them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2021 at 5:58 AM, PriMeTiiMe said:

I was pulling for KC but does not matter to me. Same if the Panthers win one. 

Only team I hate is the Saints. As long as they don't win, Idc.

I agree with this logic. Carolina and TB fans usually are decent individuals at the games i've been to. Seems more like a friendly rivalry with those teams. The Aints though is a different story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, james b said:

I don't remember any bucs fan coming here and talking trash after our SB failure.  I do recall some saints fans, and patriot fans coming here to troll hard.  Also the bucs have been pretty classy imo.  Honestly they probably didn't think they were SB material at least up to their bye, because their record was pretty average at that point.  I cannot wait for our turn though.

Only Buc fan we have is Buc man and he is pretty cool.  He explained one time just the elation of wining their 1sr and was encouraging us to be patient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really do not care in the least. 2020 really took me out of sports in general. All of the delays and postponements just killed my vibe. I was even kinda "meh" on Falcons games in the back half.  No fans and wonky schedules just sort of killed it for me. Hopefully things get a little more back to normal in 2021. It was a lost year for all of sports and will be long forgotten.

Plus, let's face it: If the Falcons won the Super Bowl this year, everyone (mostly here) would be falling all over themselves to put an asterisk on it because of the situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

I really do not care in the least. 2020 really took me out of sports in general. All of the delays and postponements just killed my vibe. I was even kinda "meh" on Falcons games in the back half.  No fans and wonky schedules just sort of killed it for me. Hopefully things get a little more back to normal in 2021. It was a lost year for all of sports and will be long forgotten.

Plus, let's face it: If the Falcons won the Super Bowl this year, everyone (mostly here) would be falling all over themselves to put an asterisk on it because of the situation. 

I think a lot of people had that same vibe this year across all sports. I know I had a harder time getting into the NFL and my interest in the NBA is as low as its ever been. Still love our Hawks, but it’s hard to get super excited.

Ratings and such indicate this too. I think the election, pandemic, summer protests, etc. have made a lot of people focus on other things and not sports right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Not at all. I understand that it’s never been all Brady. He’s the partially the product of great organizations and great coaching but when the dude is inside the 20 he gets 7 points and doesn’t settle for 3. As Steve Young said which I’ve parroted for 25 years. “Settling for 3 points is 3 points closer to losing” Brady makes plays. Throws. He’s a winner. Granted he’s been a part of better organizations, but the plays still have to be made. He makes them. 

Funny you say that since each of his first 3 Super Bowl wins ended in game-winning field goals and then another one of his Super Bowl wins his team scored only 13 points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Funny you say that since each of his first 3 Super Bowl wins ended in game-winning field goals and then another one of his Super Bowl wins his team scored only 13 points.

Who got them down there for the game winner? I’ll take his career over anyone’s but go ahead and split hairs. You’re just hating at this point. I shouldn’t expect anything else from an Auburn fan though lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don’t care that TB won. Some years back I would be discouraged by a division rival getting another ring while the Falcons can only manage to embarrass themselves on the big stage. I’ve arrived at a place with the Falcons that my expectations are very low, and its a waste of time to be jealous of other team’s successes. Don’t get me wrong, there have been many lower times, especially when the Smith’s owned the team, but I always knew the team was more likely to suck than be competitive during that dreadful era. Since AB became owner, we’ve seen some good teams and have gotten a taste for what it’s like to be a consistent contender, which is why the losing is more disappointing now. Seeing Falcons be rudderless for the last two seasons has made me numb. Besides, this is a throwaway year IMO; with COVID and all the other things going on, pro sports feel irrelevant to me right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, tl;dr said:

Okay so I'll start by saying, yes I was pulling for the Chiefs on Sunday, but it was more because I don't like Brady than it was a dislike of the Bucs. I remember when the Saints played the Colts in 2010 and the Panthers played the Broncos in 2016, I really, really did not want them to win. I was pulling hard against both of them because I don't like them. But, when the Bucs were playing I kind of had this "meh, whatever" attitude. Didn't want them to win, but there wasn't the same burning desire to see them lose that I have with the Panties and the Aints. 

In a way I almost feel bad for the Bucs. They have 2 Lombardi's which is more than the rest of the NFC South combined, but no one really cares about them in the division. At least not as much as each other. Honestly, there are several teams outside the division and even the conference I would pull for the Bucs over (Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, Pats, etc.)

To stay on topic with recent threads... "LOL MATT RYAN SUCKS!" and "Y U WANT QB AT FOUR BRO?!?!?!?!"

I was actually pulling for the Bucs, even though I can't stand Brady. I wanted Mike Evans to get a ring. He earned my respect when he held on to the ball on the sidelines when Keanu Neal laid him out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lornoth said:

There's always going to be good teams between you and the SB. I don't really care if its the Bucs, Seahawks, Packers, or 9'ers. 

As for the topic, nah. To be honest I'm just still grateful they beat the Ain'ts out of the playoffs. 

The thing is if we actually dominated the NFC south that is half the journey to the Superbowl.  That journey just got exponentially harder with Brady in the mix.  Lets see what the Saints have in store for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, Sidecar Falcon said:

Nah not really. At least it wasn’t the Saints. I care who wins based solely on how obnoxious their fanbase is. I have a few friends that are Bucs fans and they aren’t obnoxious about it. Have one or two friends that are Saints fan and they aren’t bad. Every friend that’s a Pats’ fan is an @sshole. Nearly every Ravens’ fan I meet is clueless.

Top 5 worst fan bases I’ve encountered.

1) Ravens

2) Pats

3) Saints

4) Eagles

5) Falcons 

Alright!! I feel proud we’re top 5 I something!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...