Does anyone REALLY care that the Bucs won it all?

I don’t hate it like I would if the Saints or Panthers won. It’s not even that I hate the Bucs less than the Panthers.. it feels like it’s not even the Bucs that won the SB lol it was Brady. And most of all they have no ‘staying power’ which I think I view highly.. they didn’t just win a SB with their franchise QB who’s gonna be there the next decade and threaten us for contention like the Saints did in 2009

We had the Bucs down 17-0 at halftime against us, if we closed out that game and won the next we would’ve dropped them to 7 losses and potentially out of the playoffs.. they weren’t looking like world beaters at that point. Old Bucs would’ve folded but king Brady led them to the promised land. Feels like it’s not really their Lombardi, it won’t register in my head the same way 2009 Saints does. But it counts in the record books if that’s how you view things 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it ain't the Falcons, it makes no difference to me who wins.  Unless it's the Saints... But I look for hope in situations and I love how quickly and thoroughly the Bucs built a SB roster.  Giv

Nope, don't give a ****. 

I was pulling for KC but does not matter to me. Same if the Panthers win one.  Only team I hate is the Saints. As long as they don't win, Idc.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Okay so I'll start by saying, yes I was pulling for the Chiefs on Sunday, but it was more because I don't like Brady than it was a dislike of the Bucs. I remember when the Saints played the Colts in 2010 and the Panthers played the Broncos in 2016, I really, really did not want them to win. I was pulling hard against both of them because I don't like them. But, when the Bucs were playing I kind of had this "meh, whatever" attitude. Didn't want them to win, but there wasn't the same burning desire to see them lose that I have with the Panties and the Aints. 

In a way I almost feel bad for the Bucs. They have 2 Lombardi's which is more than the rest of the NFC South combined, but no one really cares about them in the division. At least not as much as each other. Honestly, there are several teams outside the division and even the conference I would pull for the Bucs over (Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, Pats, etc.)

To stay on topic with recent threads... "LOL MATT RYAN SUCKS!" and "Y U WANT QB AT FOUR BRO?!?!?!?!"

I was pulling for them all the way. I see divisions differently than most. I look at the 4 teams in our division as brothers. As long as we are in the house, it is every man for himself. Once its an outsider against a brother, and I'm not in the fight, I'm sticking with what I know. I'm a true homer: Falcons first, division second, and conference 3rd. I have no energy to hate our division rivals because we bite. That is on the Falcons. 

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Brady's last 2 Super Bowl wins his defense has surrendered a combined 12 points and no touchdowns. But it's all Brady. He wins games all by himself.

Riiight?? That narrative drives me insane. Matt Ryan would probably have a couple of rings if his defense ever did that.

I will admit I like Arians, but this team will be forever known as Brady and the Bucs.. it's like it's not even their team that won, but a bunch of free agents that rented an apartment in Tampa and showed the team how to win. And when they leave it's back to the basement.. Their fans can puff up all that want, but it just feels weird. After all it was the covid Superbowl.

I am not bothered. I had a bit of a soft spot for the Bucs in the 80’s when they wore those horrific tangerine uniforms and were the whipping boys of the NFL like us.

I’ve never disliked them even after the divisions were realigned, but it goes without saying that I obviously want us to kick their a**es every time we play.

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Brady's last 2 Super Bowl wins his defense has surrendered a combined 12 points and no touchdowns. But it's all Brady. He wins games all by himself.

Hard to argue after 7 Super Bowl victories...yeah it’s a total team effort, but why has Brady’s teams so often won in the last 20 years when most teams don’t even sniff the SB let alone win it? It’s well beyond coincidence at this point.

45 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Hard to argue after 7 Super Bowl victories...yeah it’s a total team effort, but why has Brady’s teams so often won in the last 20 years when most teams don’t even sniff the SB let alone win it? It’s well beyond coincidence at this point.

It ain't all Brady. That's for sure. Look at the second half against the Packers. Brady played like dog mess. Threw 3 picks and scored only 10 points (7 of which was set up by his defense giving him the ball inside the 10) and the defense just absolutely stiffed the Packers. Without that game Brady isn't even in the Super Bowl. It's ridiculous how great some of his defenses have been. Brady never won a Super Bowl in a year in which his defense finished worse than 8th in points allowed. We all saw it happen that very first year. Rams record setting top 10 best offense ever and Patriots defense held them to only 17 points.

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Okay so I'll start by saying, yes I was pulling for the Chiefs on Sunday, but it was more because I don't like Brady than it was a dislike of the Bucs. I remember when the Saints played the Colts in 2010 and the Panthers played the Broncos in 2016, I really, really did not want them to win. I was pulling hard against both of them because I don't like them. But, when the Bucs were playing I kind of had this "meh, whatever" attitude. Didn't want them to win, but there wasn't the same burning desire to see them lose that I have with the Panties and the Aints. 

In a way I almost feel bad for the Bucs. They have 2 Lombardi's which is more than the rest of the NFC South combined, but no one really cares about them in the division. At least not as much as each other. Honestly, there are several teams outside the division and even the conference I would pull for the Bucs over (Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, Pats, etc.)

To stay on topic with recent threads... "LOL MATT RYAN SUCKS!" and "Y U WANT QB AT FOUR BRO?!?!?!?!"

I was rooting for the bucs. Really doesn't bother me at all.  Im not a Brady fan but to see a player win their 7th SB is pretty amazing.  

Nah not really. At least it wasn’t the Saints. I care who wins based solely on how obnoxious their fanbase is. I have a few friends that are Bucs fans and they aren’t obnoxious about it. Have one or two friends that are Saints fan and they aren’t bad. Every friend that’s a Pats’ fan is an @sshole. Nearly every Ravens’ fan I meet is clueless.

Top 5 worst fan bases I’ve encountered.

1) Ravens

2) Pats

3) Saints

4) Eagles

5) Falcons 

Nah I don’t really care. Don’t likely Brady, but don’t have strong feelings against the Bucs. 

Mainly a quasi-fan of the Chiefs due to a personal connection with one of their players. Bummed for him, but that’s about it. 

Edited by Borat
1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

Denial is not a river in Egypt.  LoL.  Counseling is available... Tampa is gonna be a major thorn in the Falcons future like San Fran was when we were in the NFC west.  Get used to it.  Ignorance will not be bliss nor make Brady and the Buc's go away.

:mmmhmm:

There's always going to be good teams between you and the SB. I don't really care if its the Bucs, Seahawks, Packers, or 9'ers. 

As for the topic, nah. To be honest I'm just still grateful they beat the Ain'ts out of the playoffs.