Does anyone REALLY care that the Bucs won it all?

Okay so I'll start by saying, yes I was pulling for the Chiefs on Sunday, but it was more because I don't like Brady than it was a dislike of the Bucs. I remember when the Saints played the Colts in 2010 and the Panthers played the Broncos in 2016, I really, really did not want them to win. I was pulling hard against both of them because I don't like them. But, when the Bucs were playing I kind of had this "meh, whatever" attitude. Didn't want them to win, but there wasn't the same burning desire to see them lose that I have with the Panties and the Aints. 

In a way I almost feel bad for the Bucs. They have 2 Lombardi's which is more than the rest of the NFC South combined, but no one really cares about them in the division. At least not as much as each other. Honestly, there are several teams outside the division and even the conference I would pull for the Bucs over (Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, Pats, etc.)

To stay on topic with recent threads... "LOL MATT RYAN SUCKS!" and "Y U WANT QB AT FOUR BRO?!?!?!?!"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it ain't the Falcons, it makes no difference to me who wins.  Unless it's the Saints... But I look for hope in situations and I love how quickly and thoroughly the Bucs built a SB roster.  Giv

Nope, don't give a ****. 

I was pulling for KC but does not matter to me. Same if the Panthers win one.  Only team I hate is the Saints. As long as they don't win, Idc.

If it ain't the Falcons, it makes no difference to me who wins.  Unless it's the Saints...

But I look for hope in situations and I love how quickly and thoroughly the Bucs built a SB roster.  Gives me optimism that we can do the same with the proper butts in the seats of our front office and proper coaches pulling the strings.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

If it ain't the Falcons, it makes no difference to me who wins.  Unless it's the Saints...

But I look for hope in situations and I love how quickly and thoroughly the Bucs built a SB roster.  Gives me optimism that we can do the same with the proper butts in the seats of our front office and proper coaches pulling the strings.

Considering the level of suckage of Koetter and much of the old coaching staff, things could turn around quickly for us. Just having better play calling on both sides of the ball alone should make a five or six game difference in our W-L record next year, regardless of what players we end up with by the start of the season.

15 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

It's just annoying that we have to have another entire off-season hearing about how great Brady is AGAIN.

He's great and all, and he did his job well, but that D held them to 9 points. The Falcons offense could have scored enough to win that game, despite whatever crap Koetter called.

Brady's last 2 Super Bowl wins his defense has surrendered a combined 12 points and no touchdowns. But it's all Brady. He wins games all by himself.

On the one hand it's annoying to see a team that's been pretty lousy most of 20 years jump up out of nowhere and win it all when the Falcons have been pretty good roughly 50% of the last 20 years and couldn't do it but on the other hand I don't feel like the rivalry with Tampa has been much of anything since about 2005 so it barely seems like they exist. 

9 minutes ago, The Daywalker said:

Rooting for any division rival is like living in an outhouse and complementing your ex on the mansion they just built. They’re just gonna throw them rings in our face like a back ally beat down!

Yep. I'm shocked our TATF Buc boys haven't been in here crowing about their new Lombardi trophy. But, if they do show up, I'm sure we'll think of some appropriate responses. :lol:

As to the central point, do I care? lol

tenor.gif

I was so happy to see the Bucs kick the **** out of New Orleans that I was like, awesome, that's literally the only thing I cared about, seeing the Aints go home.  

After that, I didn't care one way or the other.  And I am not a brady hater like a lot of people.  So i had no problems with them winning.  I was shocked beyond belief but didn't bother me one bit.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I was pulling for KC but does not matter to me. Same if the Panthers win one. 

Only team I hate is the Saints. As long as they don't win, Idc.

Same, though the Panthers as a team were insufferable during their run in 2015.  The whole posing in the end zone thing and all that just wore thin.  I was very, very happy when we beat them and Ryan told them to get the **** off his field.

Having said that, a Panthers SB would bother me a lot less than the Saints getting another one.  Their fans are just awful, and I can root against a team with bad sports playing for them, but I cannot ever root for a team with a bunch of fans with an undeserved superiority complex like the Saints.

They love to talk about how they're better than us.  That's probably right.  But 1) those toothless swamp rats have no part in that, and 2) that's not really saying a lot.

I hope that team collapses like a house of cards when Brees retires.

No.

I mean, sure, Brady's wife and his weird son that he used to make out with.  And Arians.  I think Arians should care, he just wrote an amazing story.  And the parking lot manager for that goofy haunted house ghost ship looking stadium they play at.  And Belichick.  You know he cares a little.  Not Gronk, he has the same amount of fun win or lose.  So that's it.  6 people care?

Same. My entire fandom this year was devoted to rooting against the Saints. 

I knew the Falcons would be bad with Quinn and Koetter back. Obviously, I don't like Tampa but not like the Saints, Cowboys, even the Panthers. They aren't a long time rival like the Saints and old NFC west teams.

I think also with the Saints they have had Brees, Peyton and others there for a while that you grow to hate. Panthers had Cam and others, I guess, though I don't dislike Cam that much. 

This Tampa team was a cobbled together veteran all star team, and I don't dislike Ariens either who is also fairly new to Tampa. If JohhnyBuc was still posting here constantly, then I would hate them a little more.