https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-eight-last-place-nfl-teams-worst-to-first-2021

#1 was SF but for all the doomers resigned to the fate that the Falcons will suck again next year...say it with me...COACHING MATTERS!

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

There are a few things working in the Falcons’ favor when it comes to a potential worst-to-first swing in 2021.

The first is that they were not as bad this past season as their record indicates. Despite earning the fourth overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, Atlanta actually finished the year at 18th in PFF’s ELO Power Ratings. The second is that a perennial powerhouse in the division — the New Orleans Saints — could be primed to take a step back following Drew Brees‘ retirement and an offseason with plenty of question marks when it comes to the salary cap on the horizon. 

Offensively, the Falcons have the firepower to compete with teams. Even if Atlanta drafts a quarterback in the first round, Matt Ryan is unlikely to go anywhere next season, and he showed in 2020 he can still play, posting an 83.1 PFF grade that ranked 12th at the position. A healthy Julio Jones paired with Calvin Ridley and an offensive line that has several younger players who should continue to improve is not a bad foundation around Ryan. 

Atlanta will be hopeful new head coach Arthur Smith is able to bring over some of the magic he worked in Tennessee, as well. Only the Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers have recorded more expected points added per play than Tennessee since Smith took over as the offensive coordinator in 2019. Add in Dean Pees out of retirement at defensive coordinator, and there are reasons to be excited about this new-look coaching staff. 

Of course, the reigning Super Bowl champions will be standing in Atlanta’s way, but there are pieces in place for the Falcons to find success in 2021.

1 hour ago, athell said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-eight-last-place-nfl-teams-worst-to-first-2021

#1 was SF but for all the doomers resigned to the fate that the Falcons will suck again next year...say it with me...COACHING MATTERS!

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

There are a few things working in the Falcons’ favor when it comes to a potential worst-to-first swing in 2021.

The first is that they were not as bad this past season as their record indicates. Despite earning the fourth overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, Atlanta actually finished the year at 18th in PFF’s ELO Power Ratings. The second is that a perennial powerhouse in the division — the New Orleans Saints — could be primed to take a step back following Drew Brees‘ retirement and an offseason with plenty of question marks when it comes to the salary cap on the horizon. 

Offensively, the Falcons have the firepower to compete with teams. Even if Atlanta drafts a quarterback in the first round, Matt Ryan is unlikely to go anywhere next season, and he showed in 2020 he can still play, posting an 83.1 PFF grade that ranked 12th at the position. A healthy Julio Jones paired with Calvin Ridley and an offensive line that has several younger players who should continue to improve is not a bad foundation around Ryan. 

Atlanta will be hopeful new head coach Arthur Smith is able to bring over some of the magic he worked in Tennessee, as well. Only the Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers have recorded more expected points added per play than Tennessee since Smith took over as the offensive coordinator in 2019. Add in Dean Pees out of retirement at defensive coordinator, and there are reasons to be excited about this new-look coaching staff. 

Of course, the reigning Super Bowl champions will be standing in Atlanta’s way, but there are pieces in place for the Falcons to find success in 2021.

Sacrilege, you know Matt Ryan is not good, the world knows Matt Ryan is not good, we need to load up on QBs and keep the best one! To **** with the draft!

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Sacrilege, you know Matt Ryan is not good, the world knows Matt Ryan is not good, we need to load up on QBs and keep the best one! To **** with the draft!

You know if it was other QB, you would hear excuses like his Number 1 WR was banged up for most of the season and missed multiple games. But that doesn’t apply to Ryan. 

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You know if it was other QB, you would hear excuses like his Number 1 WR was banged up for most of the season and missed multiple games. But that doesn’t apply to Ryan. 

Absolute truth or if you try to point out that even Mahomes had issues in the SB due to the ineffectiveness of his line you get bashed because Ryan isnt on the same level of Mahomes 🙄

17 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

True. People still bring up 2019 SB win. Like it was Mahomes who had a great performance. If Ryan had won SB with 78 rating, folks would club him with Trent Dilfer coz he didn’t play good and team won him the ring.

Even if we won with his actual statline (Say we kick the FG after the Julio catch), It would have been Alford or Julio won us the SB lol

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Even if we won with his actual statline (Say we kick the FG after the Julio catch), It would have been Alford or Julio won us the SB lol

Lol. But seriously I would have loved to see Grady as CoMVP with Ryan, if Falcons kicked that **** FG. Grady had a great game and gave everything. 

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Matt had a perfect passer rating deep into the game lol there would be zero chance he wouldn't win MVP.  It's a qb award regardless, but he was clearly deserving.  Of Alford managed that second pick 6 then you may have a case.  Grady too with his 3 sack performance but it woulda been Matt 

I think we have a lot of the pieces.  Nothing would bring me more joy than seeing Falcons hoist that Lombardi.  And I swear I 100% do not care who the players are as long as they have the bird on their lids.  

I think it takes more than 1 year but not more than 3.

And I am one of those who thinks SF would have had a realistic shot this year if not for ALL their key players getting injured.  Rough for them.  

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Matt had a perfect passer rating deep into the game lol there would be zero chance he wouldn't win MVP.  It's a qb award regardless, but he was clearly deserving.  Of Alford managed that second pick 6 then you may have a case.  Grady too with his 3 sack performance but it woulda been Matt 

Oh I know, I was talking the outside fan perception. Ryan has never been given credit for the things he has done.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

If 2008 Falcons, 2017 Rams, 2017 Eagles and Bills could turn it around quickly. I have no doubts Falcons can turn it around quickly in 2021. If TF and AS are as good as we think, this should be a playoff team. 

49ers were 4-12 in 2018 and went to the SB the following year too. It’s not impossible at all. 

22 hours ago, falcons007 said:

literally our top 3 WRs been hurt all year and thats the strength of the offense