After watching Brady dink and dunk his way to another Super Bowl victory while Mahomes ran for his life I found an interesting stat.

Mahomes was pressured more in the SB than any other QB in Super Bowl history with 29 breaking Jim Kelly’s record of 25.

Brady had 4 the fewest in SB history that was eye opening for me.

I know when picking at 4 you gotta get it right is Sewell the rock we need on our OL ? 
Is he the right fit ? 

Do you think we could trade back a few spots and still land Sewell grabbing some picks based on the teams behind us ? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you also have to think big picture in why Tom Brady only had 4 pressures on him. He rarely held onto the ball long. Rarely had 7 step drops. The gameplan was very obvious in quick throws, dink

I rather have that TB defense making the QB run around like chicken little. Chiefs were missing two starters. 

I would be good with Sewell. Would definitely help. I still hope we trade down for a bunch of picks but if we stay at 4 Sewell makes a lot of sense. 

I realize they were down two OL doesn’t change the point of our needs on the OL and how Ryan gets thrown around like a rag doll. 

I agree Defense wins championships but  Brady didn’t break a sweat with his protection probably one of the easiest games he played in his career in a SB no less

Also I think we have more needs on D and drafting any defensive player wouldn’t have the impact Sewell would. 

I think you also have to think big picture in why Tom Brady only had 4 pressures on him. He rarely held onto the ball long. Rarely had 7 step drops. The gameplan was very obvious in quick throws, dink, dump, punch the rock. 

Why does it seem Matt Ryan is pressured all the time this past season? Look at the route tree combined with 7 step drops frequently.... Now look at the Titans and how Arthur Smith utilized Ryan T. with quick to medium pass routes frequently and punching the rock. Now the defense isn't smelling blood in the water which allows more possibilities within play action (buying time to allow longer routes) paired with some burners at WR (which we also have) that can break open the top for some deep opportunities. 

I'm not saying we have the best OL, but holy ****, why can't posters understand scheme matters. We also had some pretty suspect OL with Shanahan and he was able to work to their strengths, buy time, pound the rock, and then bust open the top with Play Action. I feel our OL is better now than it was with Shanahan skill/talent wise and if A. Smith can replicate his success in play calling and scheme he did in Tennessee, then we should really see a much improved look to our offense.

8 minutes ago, emc008 said:

I think you also have to think big picture in why Tom Brady only had 4 pressures on him. He rarely held onto the ball long. Rarely had 7 step drops. The gameplan was very obvious in quick throws, dink, dump, punch the rock. 

Why does it seem Matt Ryan is pressured all the time this past season? Look at the route tree combined with 7 step drops frequently.... Now look at the Titans and how Arthur Smith utilized Ryan T. with quick to medium pass routes frequently and punching the rock. Now the defense isn't smelling blood in the water which allows more possibilities within play action (buying time to allow longer routes) paired with some burners at WR (which we also have) that can break open the top for some deep opportunities. 

I'm not saying we have the best OL, but holy ****, why can't posters understand scheme matters. We also had some pretty suspect OL with Shanahan and he was able to work to their strengths, buy time, pound the rock, and then bust open the top with Play Action. I feel our OL is better now than it was with Shanahan skill/talent wise and if A. Smith can replicate his success in play calling and scheme he did in Tennessee, then we should really see a much improved look to our offense.

No way the OL is better now than in 2016.  It’s not even close.  Mack was still an All Pro center and Levitte & Schraeder were still fringe Pro Bowl players.

Lindstrom > Chester is the only clear advantage

30 minutes ago, Cole World said:

The Dolphins has the #3 pick. Strong chance they draft him to protect Tua.

This is very true. The fins are in a position to take the top OL or the top WR. What they end up doing will impact us a lot. 

Right now I’d say Sewell is the pick, if he’s there. Parsons is a solid fit for our new scheme, but his character issues are going to move him down, and off, some draft boards.

I highly doubt we spend a top five pick on an aspect of a player that a team can’t control. 

Sewell could very well be BPA, but LT is one of the few spots we are solid. I guess it would come down to if they feel McGary  a weak link at RT and if Sewell should be drafted to give us bookend tackles.

one thing is for sure, the new brass will look at each player equally, not having a loyalty to any of them. Be curious what they think of McGary, who has shown flashed, but not consistency.

BPA and need definitely do not line up well for the Falcons at 4...I hope we I trade down. Of all years to have a weak pass rusher class 😩

49 minutes ago, Cole World said:

The Dolphins has the #3 pick. Strong chance they draft him to protect Tua.

I think the Dolphins go with Smith or Chase and they may even trade back with Carolina or Denver and still get their WR. They need someone for Tua to throw to. Not sure Sewell fits that Dolphin mold. He's a finesse blocker and not a mauler. I expect he will fall a little bit just because of the top 5-7 prospects having such big play making ability. And because there's a lot of depth at the Oline in this draft, teams will hope to get there linemen in the second round. Dolphins also have pick 18 and can grab a tackle there.

But the Dolphins and Cincinnati are big obvious landing spots for Sewell (he is starting to drop a little on some boards). I could see him dropping to 7 or 8 if teams are trading up for QBs and playmakers are being selected. If Chase is available at Cincinnati, I think they take him over Sewell. They have cap space to land FA OL.

15 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

This is very true. The fins are in a position to take the top OL or the top WR. What they end up doing will impact us a lot. 

Right now I’d say Sewell is the pick, if he’s there. Parsons is a solid fit for our new scheme, but his character issues are going to move him down, and off, some draft boards.

I highly doubt we spend a top five pick on an aspect of a player that a team can’t control. 

If Sewell is there I agree take him. If not we could get a kings ransom if we traded down to get Parsons if he keeps falling but you better not miss.

42 minutes ago, emc008 said:

Also, don't forget that the Bucs ran the ball successfully from the beginning of the game.  Koetter's pass routes were long to develop but he managed to worsen the situation by not insuring we had a good run offense.  It is a double whammy that is hard to overcome.  

I am a BPA drafter, so if Sewell is the clear BPA, then I say draft him.  However, I don't think Sewell will be in a tier by himself at #4. I think Parsons and Chase are in his tier, as well.    

So, what would be the smart thing to do?  In my opinion, I would take advantage of teams that draft for need.  Trade back and draft either Parsons or another prospect that falls into the next tier.  We get top quality personnel and add additional draft picks.

If they think McGary doesn't have it then there is no harm in moving on or moving him on the line. He isn't expensive right now and nothing is lost if you want to move on. But it also appears this kid has raw talent and just didn't have the scheme or coaching to help him. 

Quinn broke this team with bad decisions over the past four years. 

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

After watching Brady dink and dunk his way to another Super Bowl victory while Mahomes ran for his life I found an interesting stat.

Mahomes was pressured more in the SB than any other QB in Super Bowl history with 29 breaking Jim Kelly’s record of 25.

I know when picking at 4 you gotta get it right is Sewell the rock we need on our OL ? 
Is he the right fit ? 

Do you think we could trade back a few spots and still land Sewell grabbing some picks based on the teams behind us ? 

Both starting Ts were out for the Chiefs lol. Post that. Also we are fine at T, not sure why people do get that. Lastly we could get a G in the 3rd or 4th which is all we need or sign a vet or both. See solved without wasting pick number 4.

42 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

If Sewell is there I agree take him. If not we could get a kings ransom if we traded down to get Parsons if he keeps falling but you better not miss.

Yeah we can't miss with these first 3-4 rounds or in FA. Our roster is depleted, and with little to no cap room, we need another 4-6 starting caliber rookies and FAs.

1 minute ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Both starting Ts were out for the Chiefs lol. Post that. Also we are fine at T, not sure why people do get that. Lastly we could get a G in the 3rd or 4th which is all we need or sign a vet or both. See solved without wasting pick number 4.

And can Henny play OG if we draft a center? Let everyone who doesn't start at LT, RT, C or RG fight it out for that LG spot.

2 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Huh? Henny was drafted to be C and that is where he will play. He was made for the outside zone scheme. We will add a G in the draft or FA or both. 

Don't mean I was right. Wouldn't be the first time. He looked up and down at center and he is a little small looking at AS's previous center choices. Not by much, but just not sure about him at center yet. He needs more time to determine if he's the fit. I'd rather get Ted Karras in FA and let them duke it out.

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Is he the right fit ? 

No. But have you heard of the QB from BYU ? Cant  remember his name ...uhhh Zach Wilson ... That's it ... He's our guy at #4 

12 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Huh? Henny was drafted to be C and that is where he will play. He was made for the outside zone scheme. We will add a G in the draft or FA or both. 

Yeah he looks like strictly center. Giants were considering him at the 36 range and Denver had him as one of their top 2.

He'll be a'ight at center I think and much better in year 2. I'm taking center off my needs board. 😅😅