Yeah, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a MR hater...

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

not if you're on the side that's right

:ninja:

I think it has more to do which side can present facts or good logical arguments. Show me the facts how he sucks or show me how he is good. More often than not the guys post facts about how good Matt Ryan is in NFL. On the flip side you have vague comparisons like this QB does something with out facts. Look at excuses some of them make for Mahomes, he is a great QB but bottom line he had terrible performances in back to back SB. One his team won and other was a blow out. And don’t even get me started on Mockers lol. I rather buy a lottery than listen to them.

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

It really does get tiring watching the two extreme ends of the argument throw (what should be/I wish was) hyperboles back and forth at each other

^ This.

Any criticism launched Ryan’s way and you’re labeled as a Ryan hater.

Any given to Ryan’s defense and you’re labeled as a Ryan hugger.

I was literally called both the same day. Once when saying that Ryan may have a hard time fitting into a new OV scheme that may require a mobile QB. And the other when I said that he was HOF worthy but not necessarily HOF bound yet.

It is my belief that both extremist sides only watch the Falcons and no other team. So their opinion is automatically narrow minded, incomplete, and ultimately comes from a place of ignorance. 

Ryan is a good, not great QB. Ryan is not the main problem, but he is a problem. Ryan can win a Super Bowl, but he may not win a Super Bowl. Ryan is not Tom Brady, no QB is. Falcons have built around Ryan. Ryan is getting older, but is still good. A rookie QB probably won’t be better than Ryan from out the gate, but given a few years to season may be.

Love Ryan but he isn’t the end all, be all of the QB world. People need to stop putting players before the team; and they t need to think with their head and not their hearts. 

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I think it has more to do which side can present facts or good logical arguments. Show me the facts how he sucks or show me how he is good. More often than not the guys post facts about how good Matt Ryan is in NFL. On the flip side you have vague comparisons like this QB does something with out facts. Look at excuses some of them make for Mahomes, he is a great QB but bottom line he had terrible performances in back to back SB. One his team won and other was a blow out. And don’t even get me started on Mockers lol. I rather buy a lottery than listen to them.

now now now, there you go throwing around that four letter word FACT  like those are even paid attention to around here by the masses

:ninja::lol:

12 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL a lot of y'all think I'm this gigantic MR homer.  

In reality I just feel like it's my adult responsibility to check all the dadgum deceitful sniveling little MR liars out there...

Ryan deserves respect,  but I am not always happy about his performance for sure.

I've been accused of such hurtful things such as this myself. I was forced to bathe in ammonia 

Bottom line is we can win with Ryan and he still is a great QB. We would be better served building a team up around him and Julio instead of taking a QB at 4, especially since Wilson, Lance, and Fields are the top options we have. Those three guys won't serve us well in the short term and it would take a while to develop Wilson and Lance anyway(I don't think Fields will be a great pro(at least not right right away)). We can get better players at 4 than those guys or even trade back. Two more years of Ryan and building the team and then we can see where we are at.

Edited by quickzero