Why I think Dante Fowler could play a lot better next year.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:41 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

After Raheem Morris called him out, Dante Fowler tweeted that he had been playing on one leg all season. That would explain why he didn't play as well as expected.

If Dante stays healthy next year he should play a lot better under Dean Pees scheme. That would make a big difference for our defense.

I think he will too. 

On 2/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, Alomar said:

Sure, Aaron has a whole lot more sacks. Not saying Aaron isn't the better DT. Aaron also has 49 more tackles in 17 more games. Sacks aren't the only stat. Aaron Donald is the better DT, but Grady Jarrett isn't some scrub taking up space. He is a very good/great DT himself. My OPINION is that the gap between the two of them isn't huge. 

Donald: 337 Tackles in 110 games

Jarrett: 288 tackles in 93 games

The overall player impact is in a different league. You remember how  Calvin Johnson used to get triple teamed regularly or even noticed how Julio is treated this way at times? Well Donald has that level of impact. If 1 guy can pull 3 players to him, he's a game changer. Grady can command doubles from time to time, but he isn't beating those doubles the way Donald can. Like you said, Grady is a very good/great DT. Aaron Donald is amazing/world class.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:48 PM, Sidecar Falcon said:

He thrived with Donald there. We don’t have an Aaron Donald type of player here, so he can’t do that anymore. It was fools gold right from the beginning. 

Donald is the better player, but it isn't as far apart as you believe. Our defense has been trash the last few years. The Rams have had a good defensive scheme, better coverage players to make the QB hold the ball and better supporting cast around the d-line. So lets not forget those things. So of course Donald is going to have more sacks.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, Day1 said:

so being half good is ok, got it.

I was only referring to his ability to set the edge against the run. By no means am I saying Fowler was dominant or had a great year. I just think he played very well against the run. I do not think Fowler is the answer at DE.

2 hours ago, Captain Insano said:

We fell for the same thing with Ray Edwards. Shined from playing with a great line.

I'll continue to believe Edwards' issue was his injury. Atlanta may not have had Kevin Williams and Jared Allen, but Babineaux and Abraham were no slouches. They would have been more than good enough to help a healthy Ray Edwards. 

2 hours ago, Captain Insano said:

My only thing is why would Morris call out an injured player? Did we not know that he was hurt?

That's weak if true.