Why I think Dante Fowler could play a lot better next year.

After Raheem Morris called him out, Dante Fowler tweeted that he had been playing on one leg all season. That would explain why he didn't play as well as expected.

If Dante stays healthy next year he should play a lot better under Dean Pees scheme. That would make a big difference for our defense.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because he couldn't possibly play worse?

After Raheem Morris called him out, Dante Fowler tweeted that he had been playing on one leg all season. That would explain why he didn't play as well as expected. If Dante stays healthy next yea

It's bad when Charles Harris' numbers are eerily similar while probably playing a fraction of the snaps

On an unrelated topic I was just watching some TJ Watt highlights and was seeing he makes a lot of his big plays going against TEs and RBs and not OTs. I can assume this was happening not because the other teams were stupid but because of Pittsburgh’s various formations they could slide to have Tuitt or Hayward take the OT and let Watt beat up on the non-lineman. 

With Pees being a multiple fronts coach, can we scheme Fowler these kinds of matchups? Is that what he did with the Rams? 

Not that he set the bar all too high this season. I didn’t like the signing at the beginning of the season. I felt that his production was benefited heavily because of Donald. Love Grady but he isn’t in the vicinity of talent that Donald is. I feel it was a bad signing and that we won’t be getting a return on our investment; no matter what position he plays. 

40 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

After Raheem Morris called him out, Dante Fowler tweeted that he had been playing on one leg all season. That would explain why he didn't play as well as expected.

If Dante stays healthy next year he should play a lot better under Dean Pees scheme. That would make a big difference for our defense.

I agree. Plus I hope they get him some help on the other side 

I liked the signing at the time but was never expecting him to be more than a complimentary pass rusher. Overpriced, sure. But was happy we added someone to the group. If Takk had stayed healthy and provided some push from the opposite side I think Fowler could have cleaned up on a few extra sacks and from what I remember held the edge pretty well on rushing downs. If we can get some help in the off season on the other side and he gets healthy then Peas will find a nice role for him.

37 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not that he set the bar all too high this season. I didn’t like the signing at the beginning of the season. I felt that his production was benefited heavily because of Donald. Love Grady but he isn’t in the vicinity of talent that Donald is. I feel it was a bad signing and that we won’t be getting a return on our investment; no matter what position he plays. 

You are entitled to your opinion...