A look at Free Safeties in FA.

Here are some of the FA safeties in 2021. Its too early to predict if they will hit the FA or will be signed back by their Teams. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/safety/

Here are my preferences: 

Justin Simmons (DEN): 

Tied for second most interceptions in the NFL. Pretty good coverage and range for a FS. Impressive 28 stops/wins, which is what Falcons need especially on stopping opposing teams on 3rd downs.

He may not be cheap and might be looking for his last big deal at 28. Another concern is 11 Missed tackles. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/justin-simmons/10732

Marcus Williams(NO):

Aside from MN miracle Memes he has been one of the best FS last year. I would put him just below Simmons. Very good run defender and good pass coverage and range. He had 8 stops/wins. Sure tackler and had shown good instincts past one year. 

TF was part of drafting him, at 25 years of age, he can be signed for next few years and upgrade the FS.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/marcus-williams/11797

Marcus Maye (NYJ):

He was one of the few bright spots on that NYJ team. Great pass coverage, decent run support and over achieved for a second round pick in 2017 draft. Had 27 stops/wins, Compared to 1 by Rico. He isn't well known like other two, would Pees want to grab him at a decent price? Biggest knock on him is 12 missed missed tackles. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/marcus-maye/11794

The other FA include second tier guys like Anthony Harris, Xavier Woods, Taushan Gipson and Jalen Mills. 

5 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

What's frustrating about Marcus Maye and Marcus Williams is that I remember TATF pounding the table to draft one of those guys, yet the staff remained faithful to Ricardo Allen.

I was on both. I'd take any of them, but Marcus Williams as good as he is...I think hes only going to get better 

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I was on both. I'd take any of them, but Marcus Williams as good as he is...I think hes only going to get better 

You ready for the "Gross, he was a Saint waaaaaaaaaaaaaah" takes that come with that?  lol

007, all three would be great additions...I'd be good with either Simmons or Williams.  I think your order is correct.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

You ready for the "Gross, he was a Saint waaaaaaaaaaaaaah" takes that come with that?  lol

007, all three would be great additions...I'd be good with either Simmons or Williams.  I think your order is correct.

I think that'd be gone with his first interception. I still don't see how he leaves NO though.

1 minute ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I think that'd be gone with his first interception. I still don't see how he leaves NO though.

You'd hope but I dunno with some of these folks lol

NO is going to have to make some tough decisions.  74m over vs us 31m over.  Of course they will get under, but some players will have to be casualties as always.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

NO is going to have to make some tough decisions.  74m over vs us 31m over.  Of course they will get under, but some players will have to be casualties as always.

If they can turn on Joe Horn, they can turn on Marcus Williams. Of course, the rivalry wasn't as intense back then, but still.

Good point on the cap. I didn't know it was so bad for them. I don't see how we make the space though.

25 minutes ago, athell said:

Saints gonna have to pay Trey Hendrickson so they can keep their d-line together. He's only 26 years old and had 13.5 sack during the season.

Re-signing Hendrickson might be one of the most important priorities for the Saints because Cam Jordan will be 32 next season and Marcus Davenport has been a bust that cost them 2 1st round draft picks.

I think Sheldon Rankins is a FA also.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Saints gonna have to pay Trey Hendrickson so they can keep their d-line together. He's only 26 years old and had 13.5 sack during the season.

Re-signing Hendrickson might be one of the most important priorities for the Saints because Can Jordan will be 32 next season and Marcus Davenport has been a bust that cost them 2 1st round draft picks.

Agreed tho I'd LOVE if we poached him here like we did with Davison.

24 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He is a good football player 

And if it it were a decent contract then let's roll but I have a feeling he is going to get paid......big time and I am not sure that he is worth that.

You got to roll the dice. you hit some and you lose some. Doing nothing is not an option anymore. 

46 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Re-signing Hendrickson might be one of the most important priorities for the Saints because Cam Jordan will be 32 next season and Marcus Davenport has been a bust that cost them 2 1st round draft picks.

They have 3-4 key players about to hit FA. Some thing gotta give. 

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Think the Falcons at least grab Williams 

Edited by GrimeyKidd