Marty Schottenheimer passes away at age 77

Man, seeing this again is deeply saddening because my mother passed away last August from Frontal Lobe Dementia. They placed her on Hospice at the beginning of last year and only gave her a week or two to live but she made it all the way to 8 months and hospice was amazed/puzzled  at how long she held on. Man this has me in tears because I’m thinking maybe the family didn’t expect him to leave this quickly but my condolences to his family and loved ones because it’s painful seeing someone you care about go thru this illness.

2 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Man, seeing this again is deeply saddening because my mother passed away last August from Frontal Lobe Dementia. They placed her on Hospice at the beginning of last year and only gave her a week or two to live but she made it all the way to 8 months and hospice was amazed/puzzled  at how long she held on. Man this has me in tears because I’m thinking maybe the family didn’t expect him to leave this quickly but my condolences to his family and loved ones because it’s painful seeing someone you care about go thru this illness.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

My condolences.

39 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Very sad news. If there is one thing I hate about getting older, it's that the passing of all the iconic figures during my life seem to come almost weekly. 

35 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I know exactly how you feel.

Wait til you get older than that.  It gets pretty relentless.  Acunamattata

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, he also has some unfortunate bad luck and choke jobs by his teams at times as well.

Both 'the Fumble" and "the Drive" were under his watch as Browns HC.

This man needs to go into the HOF.

You can't tell the story of the NFL without him.

The KC Raiders rivalry was basically him making it one.

And then there's the name. Schottenheimer

That sounds like something in the back of your throat. It's a great ******* football name.

4 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Dude was an underrated coach.  Bumbling owners really hamstrung the guy. Rest good sir.

Throw in some really bad luck in the playoffs along with some poor officiating as well. The Chiefs should have been in at least half of those Super Bowls in the 90s that the Bills sucked in.

Lin Elliot missing 5 kicks in a tight game vs the Colts comes to mind.