Man its about time that we got a new age QB who can Get away from pressure and make plays outside the pocket

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I don't think you know what evading a sack even entails to be quite honest.

Oh, and Ryan does. I think I've heard everything.

A man once described h3ll as a place completely devoid of logic. Sometimes that's where I think I'm at in here. 

Edited by joeyg2033
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/FalconsKingdom/status/1358829003180769286                     Oh

Quit using facts. Some people still won’t believe them lol

I just want a running QB because its exciting and fun, I just dont think any of these measure up to what I like....lol. The day will, oh yes. That day WILL come.  Until then, get Matt a RB, secon

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't need to convince myself.  Your hindsight about everything is pathetic.  There is nothing I said in my previous post that I take back.  It fits you like a glove.  

Your going right back to the delusions I referred to in the last post.  Now you're trying to play the MR is such a good boy scout angle & I think I might vomit.  

You're a hopeless case brother.  I was just trying to help you see where your misery & hate has taken you.  Oh well.

Dude are you in therapy? You would be a psychoanalyst's dream with all of the repressed anger and hate. Hopefully you're single... 

Ryan’s problem has never been lack of elusiveness.  It’s running a sclerotic outdated system that combines 4 second routes with an OL that can hold blocks for half that amount of time.  Randall Cunningham in his prime would get pounded in that environment. 

Give the man a system that compliments his strengths and he will be fine.   I will never, ever see the logic in saying our problem is a QB that puts up 4,200yds/27tds/9ints like clockwork 

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville
2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Not really... Fools like you read that rediculous out of context stat and actually believe that Ryan is as effective as Rodgers, Murray, Wilson, Mahomes and Watson once outside the pocket. And if you don't think so just look at your hateful, disgusting response to me. 

The stat doesn’t measure speed or athleticism.  This stat tells me 2 things:

• Koetter’s atrocious playcalling did a struggling OL no favors.  The result was tons of pressure on Ryan; and

• Ryan’s pocket presence was great last year and often bought him extra time to complete a pass. 

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Greeny:  It's been 4 or 5 years - have you gotten over the loss in the SB?

Matt: Naw!   You can hear the incredulity in his voice that the question was even asked.     

Neither have we, Matt, neither have we :(

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Greeny:  It's been 4 or 5 years - have you gotten over the loss in the SB?

Matt: Naw!   You can hear the incredulity in his voice that the question was even asked.     

Neither have we, Matt, neither have we :(

You know what? Why should he get over it. It was heartbreaking and as he has said it drives him to go back and win another. 

I didn't think the problem was so much outside the pocket so much as inside of it once teams start getting pressure on him. We really can't go into another season with Carpenter and Mack starting on the line and expect too much change in how our team looks once we have to throw the ball, because every team's still going to play us the same way; make Ryan throw without being able to step up into the pocket.

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You know what? Why should he get over it. It was heartbreaking and as he has said it drives him to go back and win another. 

Exactly.   I didn't get the question, honestly.   How in the heck could he ever get over it.   

Even if he leads us to a SB and wins MVP of the SB and the title, I guarantee you it will never go away.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

I didn't think the problem was so much outside the pocket so much as inside of it once teams start getting pressure on him. We really can't go into another season with Carpenter and Mack starting on the line and expect too much change in how our team looks once we have to throw the ball, because every team's still going to play us the same way; make Ryan throw without being able to step up into the pocket.

that's the thing though.  DK was a fkg idiot... sorry for being so poignant, but if we just veer away from forcing MR to stand there while patterns develop deep down the field then we'll have taken as step in the right direction.

MR is quite capable of rolling out away from pressure on play action fakes & other strategies too.  And he is fully capable of throwing short routes, misdirection, drags, RB screens, & anything that actually might involve exploiting a defense by getting our guys open in space.  

then again, we could sorely use a nasty RB who could make some folks pay too.  

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is what I hate about these draft opinions.

Surtain 7-12 what say he’s #1 on the Falcons board do we do what the media and the draft sites say and not take him at 4 even though he maybe #1 on our board.

I mean apparently Terrell was over drafted last year apparently but performance wise he out performed Okudah the consensus #1 CB drafted.I mean it’s laughable.

I appreciate everyone’s efforts with regards to mocks but there throwing darts in the dark and it’s why I’ve never partaken in it.

Not every GM/team had Okudah #1 CB and I am pretty sure there were some that had Terrell rated HIGHER than Okudah on "their Board".   Raiders and Mayock for one.  They didn't even have Okudah as the best CB out of Ohio State on their Board! 

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

that's the thing though.  DK was a fkg idiot... sorry for being so poignant, but if we just veer away from forcing MR to stand there while patterns develop deep down the field then we'll have taken as step in the right direction.

MR is quite capable of rolling out away from pressure on play action fakes & other strategies too.  And he is fully capable of throwing short routes, misdirection, drags, RB screens, & anything that actually might involve exploiting a defense by getting our guys open in space.  

then again, we could sorely use a nasty RB who could make some folks pay too.  

It was a problem in the WC offense, too. Our offense is prone to getting shut down in the 2nd half once the other team starts getting consistent pressure, because we usually have at least one weak link on the interior offensive line and Ryan's mistakes most frequently come when he's trying to throw without being able to use his feet properly. It happened several times during the Super Bowl season, just like it happened several times every other season that we were running  the "right" offense for Ryan.

It's definitely worse with Koetter because he doesn't use the running game effectively to create the PA opportunities Ryan's done so well with since he was running Shanahan's offense, and he doesn't do enough with the scheme to relieve interior pressure on Ryan, but it's still a problem as long as we have Ryan and a line that'll emphasize his weaknesses. Hopefully Fontenot and Smith will both help Ryan out in 2021.

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

My original post was in ref to someone not wanting Sewell on FB. That's the only reason I brought him up to clarify.

Jake may be good but there are going to be cap casualties. He frees up 7+mil to cut him June 1. For how he plays, he is over paid IMO. I do think the new scheme will work wonders though. Just have ? Along the line that won't be answered until we play. I don't think that line is set in stone .

Edit: actually just looked it up, he saves 13mil from June 1 with a dead cap of 7. Brings us from 31+ over to 18+

Yea i was bout to say we would get 13 mil...... I dont see us trading a good LT in the NFL tho.... is a june 1st trade possible if a team  miss out on tackle...... But our OLine mainly being on rookie contracts are not taking up a boatload of the money even tho Jakes cap hit is around 20 mil... His actual salary at around 13 mil which is decent for a LT... Plus i dont think we want the line full of rookies, 2nd , and 3rd year guys... We need a vet presence....

I will say this tho.. Drafting Sewell is like draft a LT in waiting..... In 2 to 3 years he will be our LT

We will see what happens tho.... I do think if Font is similar to the saints FO.... Guys like Fowler coming off a rough season will be asked to take a trimming on his salary

Ryan isn’t going anywhere.  

And 6-10 = a 50% improvement which is more than anyone needs to secure/extend a contract in this league.  
Nobody should expect playoffs in a single season. And nobody will complain if it happens!
The club has made some drastic changes and we should expect they will yield results but also expect there are a lot of moving parts between now and kickoff.  

50 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Yea i was bout to say we would get 13 mil...... I dont see us trading a good LT in the NFL tho.... is a june 1st trade possible if a team  miss out on tackle...... But our OLine mainly being on rookie contracts are not taking up a boatload of the money even tho Jakes cap hit is around 20 mil... His actual salary at around 13 mil which is decent for a LT... Plus i dont think we want the line full of rookies, 2nd , and 3rd year guys... We need a vet presence....

I will say this tho.. Drafting Sewell is like draft a LT in waiting..... In 2 to 3 years he will be our LT

We will see what happens tho.... I do think if Font is similar to the saints FO.... Guys like Fowler coming off a rough season will be asked to take a trimming on his salary

I see that too, worst case have Sewell at LG for a year or two when we can afford to move on from Jake. Im just thinking of the easiest way to get under the cap. I also think Mack somehow comes back, just a feeling.

2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

... And you can try to convince yourself that this team is a lot more than mediocre with him as QB. Delusional to the bone.

You want me to compliment Ryan? I think he's a very good QB who has been a pro's pro his whole career. He has acquitted himself admirably as a person dedicated to this city, this team and his family. He has done everything that a person can do to win. But he hasn't won. He was the loser of the most epic failure in SB history. Most point to the defense as losing that game. That's arguable. What's not arguable is that as a reigning mvp and this team's leader, you can not allow your team to lose the most important game in its history... in the fashion that it was lost. It's that simple. As good as he played, it was required upon him to extend a set of downs anyway possible.  To not take an inexcusable sack late in the 4th quarter. By him not extending downs in the 4th quarter, the defense was left on the field to die. And that's exactly what happened. So is Ryan a good QB and represent himself, the team and the city well? Yes... I just can never forgive him for not having the ability to win the game when he had the power to. 

The ones you shouldn’t forgive is DQ and that head coach over in SF. Loss is 100% on them

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

I see that too, worst case have Sewell at LG for a year or two when we can afford to move on from Jake. Im just thinking of the easiest way to get under the cap. I also think Mack somehow comes back, just a feeling.

dont think we will have the cap to bring back Mack....... I think he will end up with the 49ers.... He lives in cali and shanny is out there.

I will say it since some think words are being minced.  Matt Ryan isn't taking this team to the super bowl again.  He is 36 when the 2021 season starts.  I'm not wasting time going down a dead end road from him to play out the rest of his career with no young QB waiting in the wings.

He will be here for 2021, I'm 99% sure of that.  2022, its 50/50 if we will be here or not.  2023, I'm 99% sure he will be gone.  Falcons have the pick and the board has lined up nicely.  Would be a really good time to take a QB.

2 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

Not every GM/team had Okudah #1 CB and I am pretty sure there were some that had Terrell rated HIGHER than Okudah on "their Board".   Raiders and Mayock for one.  They didn't even have Okudah as the best CB out of Ohio State on their Board! 

This is what I’m getting at these draft sites don’t really have a clue about how the teams rate the talent.

So when they put up these big boards the fans lap that **** up because this site said this.

So when they come out with draft grades before the draft who do you believe.I know for one I don’t put much faith in any of them.