Man its about time that we got a new age QB who can Get away from pressure and make plays outside the pocket

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

We still have a shot. Matt has proven that he can get us there. Two more tries is all I ask. If we need to draft a QB like now, Jamie Newman is good to go. 

The point of my post is to show, you can want and like something and know that it's not a need or priority.

That’s right. And I am actually fine knowing they could plan to pull the trigger on a QB early this draft. No problem at all if that is the move.

But it’s equally compelling to trade down & stock up the cupboards with talent too!

What a great position to be in!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/FalconsKingdom/status/1358829003180769286                     Oh

Quit using facts. Some people still won’t believe them lol

I just want a running QB because its exciting and fun, I just dont think any of these measure up to what I like....lol. The day will, oh yes. That day WILL come.  Until then, get Matt a RB, secon

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

people also seem to forget that the majority of qb's can run around when they're 24 years old. anyone who thinks guys like josh allen will be running around in 6-7 years like they do now are sorely mistaken. the whole "league is trending" take is one of the more ignorant takes i've seen people have on tatf.

That’s a good take. And you don’t want to be in a position where you have to draft another QB every 6-7 years for sure. 

Building a team around them & good coaches are vital!

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ryan has always been great throwing on the move and/or outside the pocket.

Funny stat from yesterday: Mahomes ran for over 500 yards behind the LOS before ultimately throwing the ball.  It’s the most ever for a single game

That’s not a made up stat your bringing to be fair you. He broke a record. A bad one at that. The 43 statue Brady with great blocking and a sound game plan...I guess defense does actually win championships. And great coaching. Arians and Todd Bowles were genius. Playing chess to Reid’s and Bienimeys checkers.  

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

That’s right. And I am actually fine knowing they could plan to pull the trigger on a QB early this draft. No problem at all if that is the move.

But it’s equally compelling to trade down & stock up the cupboards with talent too!

What a great position to be in!

I dont see one QB in that top 5 list that I would take over Sewell or Surtain. In fact, I would prefer to trade down just to get another pick and you know how much I HATE discussing trade down scenarios. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ryan has always been great throwing on the move and/or outside the pocket.

Funny stat from yesterday: Mahomes ran for over 500 yards behind the LOS before ultimately throwing the ball.  It’s the most ever for a single game

And didnt get a single touchdown and was beaten to helI.

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I dont see one QB in that top 5 list that I would take over Sewell or Surtain. In fact, I would prefer to trade down just to get another pick and you know how much I HATE discussing trade down scenarios. 

Sewell especially Knight.

I actually think you could catch up with Surtain around the #12 pick if a trade were worked out with SF.

41 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

And one should be there... I would love to trade down to get another 2nd but only if we don't lose surtain.. 

1 - Surtain

2 -Washington 

2 - Harris

3 - Roche

4 - Shaun Wayne * keep him at Nickle *

that is the dream brother...

1 - Penei

2 - Aaron robinson

3 - Ford or Cisco

4 - Chubba...

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Sewell especially Knight.

I actually think you could catch up with Surtain around the #12 pick if a trade were worked out with SF.

Yeah I keep seeing people place Surtain from 7-12 and dont really understand that. Fournette was 4th overall and labeled a bust at RB, but would TB have been as effective running last night?

24 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah I keep seeing people place Surtain from 7-12 and dont really understand that. Fournette was 4th overall and labeled a bust at RB, but would TB have been as effective running last night?

This is what I hate about these draft opinions.

Surtain 7-12 what say he’s #1 on the Falcons board do we do what the media and the draft sites say and not take him at 4 even though he maybe #1 on our board.

I mean apparently Terrell was over drafted last year apparently but performance wise he out performed Okudah the consensus #1 CB drafted.I mean it’s laughable.

I appreciate everyone’s efforts with regards to mocks but there throwing darts in the dark and it’s why I’ve never partaken in it.

5 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

people also seem to forget that the majority of qb's can run around when they're 24 years old. anyone who thinks guys like josh allen will be running around in 6-7 years like they do now are sorely mistaken. the whole "league is trending" take is one of the more ignorant takes i've seen people have on tatf.

John Elway, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, Steve Young and pretty much every QB that has run the WCO has to be a mobil guy. That's certainly nothing new, what's relatively new is that back before the new rookie wage scale went into effect and teams had to fork out massive money for top draft picks, they couldn't afford to sit them until they learned a complex NFL scheme so they decided to convert to the college style offense which used the QB more as a run threat. A 'one read and run' type offense was born in the NFL and we got the circus act of Michael Vick. Problem is, chaos by it's nature is uncontrolled and inconsistent but we saw how useful the running QB could be if they could be tamed and tought to run a more controlled form of offense.

The Micheal Vick show inspired both the kids growing up to play QB that ordinarily would have played WR, RB or CB and some coaches in the NFL, Andy Reid for instance, to try to find that hybrid guy that could have the accuracy to run a full WCO and be a run threat. He tried to make Micheal Vick that guy but MV couldn't be tamed. Eventually he found his guy and now the copy cat league is trying to find theirs. With the rookie wage scale in place teams can now afford to attempt to create that hybrid guy that can do it all but most will fail because some tigers can't be tamed or time and injuries take their toll.  Eventually, enough RG3 situations will occur that convince coaches that having to replace the QB every 5 years due to injury is not the way to sustained excellence and it will come full circle.

2 minutes ago, slider said:

. A 'one read and run' type offense was born in the NFL and we got the circus act of Michael Vick. Problem is, chaos by it's nature is uncontrolled and inconsistent but we saw how useful the running QB could be if they could be tamed and tought to run a more controlled form of offense.

The Micheal Vick show inspired both the kids growing up to play QB that ordinarily would have played WR, RB or CB and some coaches in the NFL, Andy Reid for instance, to try to find that hybrid guy that could have the accuracy to run a full WCO and be a run threat. He tried to make Micheal Vick that guy but MV couldn't be tamed. Eventually he found his guy and now the copy cat league is trying to find theirs. 

So true.

Atlanta had the Beta, we had the prototype, but the prototype was flawed.  The challenge in development is to take that rawness and flex it so that at its adaptable to a constantly changing environment.  The missing link with Atlanta fans is that they never got the chance to see that development, the adaptation of the iteration.  It was never the plan to develop MV in Atlanta. One version was all we got.

I suppose if MV7 had stayed, the Atlanta fan would have grown weary of the mobility-only skillset.  Many already were.. the development of sideline to sideline LBs require much more than just a guy who can out wiggle at a frenetic speed. 

1 hour ago, RetroRoq said:

So true.

Atlanta had the Beta, we had the prototype, but the prototype was flawed.  The challenge in development is to take that rawness and flex it so that at its adaptable to a constantly changing environment.  The missing link with Atlanta fans is that they never got the chance to see that development, the adaptation of the iteration.  It was never the plan to develop MV in Atlanta. One version was all we got.

I suppose if MV7 had stayed, the Atlanta fan would have grown weary of the mobility-only skillset.  Many already were.. the development of sideline to sideline LBs require much more than just a guy who can out wiggle at a frenetic speed. 

MV lost me a bit when he seemed to tuck and run more.  Sometimes, you just do what feels natural.  

I'm all for adding as many wrinkles to your team as you can.  

31 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

MV lost me a bit when he seemed to tuck and run more.  Sometimes, you just do what feels natural.  

I'm not a big fan of the"running QB" but I've often thought about what it would be like if you had 3 of those guys as hybrid RB,WR,QB types and played them all in the same backfield. Sort of a wing T operation and everyone of them could get the ball and be capable of throwing or running or splitting out as a WR. Could you imagine Pat Mahomes in the pistol with MV7 behind him and here comes Lamar Jackson in jet motion? What would a defense do? 

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You could be right of course.  
Agree on Fournette.  It’s all about the team you go to as a RB & how they utilize you & the talent you have around you & the design of the play calling etc.

With Surtain, I just have no idea. You’ve watched more than I.  I read his scouting reports & looked at a game or two.  The bloodlines are there.  They say his technique is good & he’s a competitor. But corners are tough to evaluate.  The only resounding concern I have read that is shared by scouts is his long speed & that he’s strictly a boundary corner.

If he’s rated top 10 or top 20 doesn’t matter to me.  It’s splitting hairs. I wouldn’t be upset with PS as our pick.

45 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Now you know Vick never tucked the ball.

Watching him run with the ball in his left hand away from his body used to drive me insane lol.

The main focus should be defense and running game, obviously there are some question marks to address in the OL, but a strong running game can help a lot. When your QB does not have to drop back and throw the ball over 40 times per game on a consistent basis and there is a running game the defense have to actually consider.