Man its about time that we got a new age QB who can Get away from pressure and make plays outside the pocket

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/FalconsKingdom/status/1358829003180769286                     Oh

Quit using facts. Some people still won’t believe them lol

I just want a running QB because its exciting and fun, I just dont think any of these measure up to what I like....lol. The day will, oh yes. That day WILL come.  Until then, get Matt a RB, secon

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ryan has always been great throwing on the move and/or outside the pocket.

Funny stat from yesterday: Mahomes ran for over 500 yards behind the LOS before ultimately throwing the ball.  It’s the most ever for a single game

Does that include Maholmes running backwards 40 yards on about 3 different plays?

Speaking of interesting QB stats, I've got one for you. I was thinking SF would trade up for Trey Lance or Carolina would take him at their pick until I discovered this (Lance would become the 7th QB drafted in round 1 with less than 20 starts in college):

six quarterbacks have been taken in the first round with fewer than 20 college starts since 2006. That list is a mixed bag: Mitchell Trubisky (13), Cam Newton (14), Dwayne Haskins Jr. (14), Mark Sanchez (16), Kyler Murray (17) and Ryan Tannehill (19). 

With this in mind, I think Carolina either trades back for Mac or Trask or just takes Slater or Parsons with their pick. Trask, Mac and Lance are all available for SF unless someone trades up.

Let’s keep pretending that QB’s who can run are “new age”.

They’ve been around forever.  Fran Tarkington, Steve Young just to name two.

What truly defines a QB is his ability to throw the ball. Otherwise he’s simply another RB.

I think NFL teams became so desperate to find QB’s who could handle the monumental duties of reading defenses & leading their teams that they began adapting more of the collegiate run & shoot styles in order to increase the odds of success at the NFL level.

I enjoy the game today. And I enjoy all of their play styles as each of them are unique in their own ways.  Labeling them as new age only homogenizes the position & I find the term to be insulting & disingenuous tbh.

Quick question, since Tom Brady just won his 7th SB in this new age, his talent transcends these labels which are fake, feel good terms used to divide.

Is it just me that sees right through this though?  I doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I just want a running QB because its exciting and fun, I just dont think any of these measure up to what I like....lol. The day will, oh yes. That day WILL come. 

Until then, get Matt a RB, second TE, and a defense. 

Yeah I would like to see our next QB have wheels too brother.

But not at the expense of a top notch ability to sling it & have top level smarts...

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah I would like to see our next QB have wheels too brother.

But not at the expense of a top notch ability to sling it & have top level smarts...

We still have a shot. Matt has proven that he can get us there. Two more tries is all I ask. If we need to draft a QB like now, Jamie Newman is good to go. 

The point of my post is to show, you can want and like something and know that it's not a need or priority.

29 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Let’s keep pretending that QB’s who can run are “new age”.

They’ve been around forever.  Fran Tarkington, Steve Young just to name two.

What truly defines a QB is his ability to throw the ball. Otherwise he’s simply another RB.

I think NFL teams became so desperate to find QB’s who could handle the monumental duties of reading defenses & leading their teams that they began adapting more of the collegiate run & shoot styles in order to increase the odds of success at the NFL level.

I enjoy the game today. And I enjoy all of their play styles as each of them are unique in their own ways.  Labeling them as new age only homogenizes the position & I find the term to be insulting & disingenuous tbh.

Quick question, since Tom Brady just won his 7th SB in this new age, his talent transcends these labels which are fake, feel good terms used to divide.

Is it just me that sees right through this though?  I doubt it. 

people also seem to forget that the majority of qb's can run around when they're 24 years old. anyone who thinks guys like josh allen will be running around in 6-7 years like they do now are sorely mistaken. the whole "league is trending" take is one of the more ignorant takes i've seen people have on tatf.

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

We still have a shot. Matt has proven that he can get us there. Two more tries is all I ask. If we need to draft a QB like now, Jamie Newman is good to go. 

The point of my post is to show, you can want and like something and know that it's not a need or priority.

💯