Former OC on M Jones...

11 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Cool..you getting the Justin Field jersey in the white or the black?👍

Why would I do that?  We now have a GM and coach that is smart enough not to take a QB like Fields at 4 or any other QB.  I said I didn't deny a QB at 4...denying such a thing is a waste of time and energy when you know beyond every doubt that a QB will not be taken at 4...

17 minutes ago, nomak said:

Why would I do that?  We now have a GM and coach that is smart enough not to take a QB like Fields at 4 or any other QB.  I said I didn't deny a QB at 4...denying such a thing is a waste of time and energy when you know beyond every doubt that a QB will not be taken at 4...

Ahh...a gradient guy.

22 minutes ago, nomak said:

I think Fields goes at 4.

Just not to the Falcons. Haha

9 hours ago, nomak said:

People were saying that our previous GM was not smart for taking a QB at 3. Especially when we had so many glaring needs. Now you're defending the same QB. Seems ironic.

Seems like every year there's one QB that gets hyped as being more capable than they are. I remember people trying that with Lauretta and Fromm, Eason last year, Rudolph back in 18'. I just don't view Jones as a 1st round talent or see 5 QBs going in the 1st truth be told. In most years where people think it'll be 5 going in the 1st it only ends up being 3 or 4 QBs taken ultimately. 

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

No doubt, what number do you think Wilson or Fields will pick? I think Fields will go with #1, but Wilson seems more like a #7 type of guy. What do you think?

I don't know...why you asking me...ask the Panthers or some other desperate team in need of picking a QB that high in the draft. 

I’ve been impressed when I watching him, but I recall reading somewhere (maybe CBS?) that a disturbingly high percentage of his throws were less than 5 yards down field or something like that. Seemed to reinforce that he dumped it off to Smith Or Harris and let them do work. (Actually sounds like the perfect successor to Brees now that I think about it)

Okay so I'm just going to ask because I'm legit confused. Usually when people start these threads they offer some type of context as to why they posted the thread. Most want a QB at #4. You seem to be arguing with everyone who's replying. Honestly your approach isn't clear at all.

What are you aiming for with this thread??? I actually like Jones myself. Just not sure what your angle is

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Okay so I'm just going to ask because I'm legit confused. Usually when people start these threads they offer some type of context as to why they posted the thread. Most want a QB at #4. You seem to be arguing with everyone who's replying. Honestly your approach isn't clear at all.

What are you aiming for with this thread??? I actually like Jones myself. Just not sure what your angle is

I think he likes Jones and wouldn't mind it if the Falcons drafted him...just not with the 4th pick. If he's still on the board at the Falcons first pick of the 2nd round, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat.

4 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

I think he likes Jones and wouldn't mind it if the Falcons drafted him...just not with the 4th pick. If he's still on the board at the Falcons first pick of the 2nd round, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat.

If true then it's alot better to at least acknowledge that 😂

35 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I like him, as one poster said but not at 4...i don't see the need to pick any QB at 4 in this draft. I originally was just putting out info on the player since QB is a hot point for many. But your right I could had been more clear.  But I don't feel I was arguing with anyone... If your taking about arguing with pointswayzee...I took it as just friendly fire. 

35 minutes ago, nomak said:

I like him, as one poster said but not at 4...i don't see the need to pick any QB at 4 in this draft. I originally was just putting out info on the player since QB is a hot point for many. But your right I could had been more clear.  But I don't feel I was arguing with anyone... If your taking about arguing with pointswayzee...I took it as just friendly fire. 

You just said we are absolutely not drafting a QB at 4. I was simply pointing out that it was a definite possibility and you should not use absolutes. It totally was just some good natured banter, so not sure what the fuss is, if we have no issue.

Your original point had much ambiguity to it though, which is why I jumped in originally 😀.

Have another 2 months till draft time and we have to talk about something.