Matt RYAN will win a Super Bowl for Falcons if Blank gets him the same supporting cast Tom Brady had this year

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I posted few weeks ago. Falcons can save up to 50 M with restructuring and additional 18 M by cutting Rico, Bailey and Carp. 
The best thing to do is figure out what As wants to do, what he needs to achieve his goals/vision. Evaluate FA to see how much it costs to get play makers. TD biggest problem was he looked at the cap and then signed cheap players with in his target. Go the other way, don’t be too conservative in getting play makers.

Any plan opening up that much cap involve a max restructure of Ryan, Julio, Matthews, Grady & Debo.  I would not want to do that again to Ryan, Julio & Matthews...it makes them essentially unmovable

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Defense defense and more defense. The Tampa defense is getting lost in the Tom Brady news cycle.

Get Ryan that kind of coaching staff that knows how to utilize its players, knows how to scheme against opponents weaknesses and make halftime adjustments. Wow!   Get Ryan a feature running bac

One other thing to point out that seems to have gotten overlooked. Unselfishness played a huge role in their success this season. There were times people attempted to stir up drama when Evans wasn't g

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Any plan opening up that much cap involve a max restructure of Ryan, Julio, Matthews, Grady & Debo.  I would not want to do that again to Ryan, Julio & Matthews...it makes them essentially unmovable

TD is that you? Let’s find some guy with knee problems, some slow FS and some guy with speed but no football sense on the cheap. I don’t know why TATF has allergy for play makers. 

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Players typically come if you pay them. 

Brady got Brown to come there to be their 3rd WR. A WR with the biggest ego I’ve ever seen. And got Gronk to come out of retirement. Again, something Ryan doesn’t have the juice to do. 

Pulling Brown isn't really impressive anymore. We could pull someone like him, but the Falcons wouldn't touch him.

Gronk was really only semi retired, he just said he wasn't playing for Bill anymore. He told Brady back then, he would come back and play with him if he left NE.  So that's not some huge pull.

Everyone else was just mostly built by the team and easy pulls. People we could have easily got, but we had no interest. Now we might have the money to pull Paul Worrilow back.

Just now, THEHEADCOACH said:

Pulling Brown isn't really impressive anymore. We could pull someone like him, but the Falcons wouldn't touch him.

Gronk was really only semi retired, he just said he wasn't playing for Bill anymore. He told Brady back then, he would come back and play with him if he left NE.  So that's not some huge pull.

Everyone else was just mostly built by the team and easy pulls. People we could have easily got, but we had no interest. Now we might have the money to pull Paul Worrilow back.

Last I checked Brown was a cast off. Not like teams were lining up to sign him.

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We don't have to have the exact pieces. We just need to get Ryan a supporting cast in same hemisphere as Tampa that can compete on any given Sunday.  And this includes HIGH QUALITY COACHING.  

AGAIN, WE ALREADY HAVE WAY MORE TALENT ON THIS ROSTER THAN PEOPLE REALIZE.

I don't doubt we can turn around this team in a year, I doubt that 'the same supporting cast Tom Brady had this year' is in the cards. I understand now you're just saying we can be good next year, though.

16 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

so we have a d-line close to what the Bucs have? or will we need to upgrade a few spots? our 3rd WR is Gage. you think he's on AB's level? how about Rojo and Fournette...Ito and Ollie gonna be those guys? or maybe we need 2 RBs who can run through a few arm tackles and make plays in the open field? which of our safeties can play deep and make plays as well as Antoine Winfield? 

****, Lavonte David and Devin White played better than Deion Jones and Foye Oloukon and that's probably the only clear advantage TB had that you can hope some better coaching may put them in better position to play at that level. even then...idk, I've always thought Lavonte David was a top LB in this league that's never talked about, and you could argue Devin White been playing better than Deion Jones since he got in the league.

sure, we can be a really good team. sure, we can get hot at the right time. but all that said, on paper, Tampa just has more in the toolbox than us

Excellent post. TB put together a team tailor made for Brady’s arrival. They then added pieces to compliment the offense. Pieces in Brown and Gronk that no QB other than Brady could have acquired. 

2 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Brown is still the biggest diva in the NFL. He came to that team for Brady to be their 3rd WR. Ryan couldn’t do that.

Gronk came out of retirement because of Brady. Ryan couldn’t do that. That same piece scored 2 TDs last night.

Fournette was brought there for Brady to have a power run game to compliment Jones.

Drafted Tristan Wirfs.

The offense was tailor made to play to Brady’s strengths. And some of those pieces only came there because Brady was there. 

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Excellent post. TB put together a team tailor made for Brady’s arrival. They then added pieces to compliment the offense. Pieces in Brown and Gronk that no QB other than Brady could have acquired. 

Wow. Brady got 2 former teammates to come play with him. That's amazing. A toxic wr and a semi retired te. Stop acting like he got T.O. and Tony Gonzales to come out of retirement

4 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Wow. Brady got 2 former teammates to come play with him. That's amazing. A toxic wr and a semi retired te. Stop acting like he got T.O. and Tony Gonzales to come out of retirement

He got a toxic diva WR to take a role as their 3rd WR. He got a retired Superbowl winning TE, with nothing to prove to come out of retirement. A TE that scored twice last night. So yes, it’s impressive. 

I'm a Falcons fan. Rather than thinking about what the team can do for a player, I tend to think about what a player can do for the team. 

No one outside of TATF argues or believes that switching Ryan and Brady this year would have resulted in Tampa winning the SB. 

In fact, many, if not most, of TATF was declaring before the season that Brady wouldn't make it through the season and few, if any, were picking them to reach the NFCCG, let alone win the SB.

Can Ryan win a SB? Sure, he came close before and Manning won one playing terrible because his D was awesome. But anyone who thinks Atlanta is securing the kind of D talent Denver had while their QB and WR1 dominate the team salary needs to do have a better explanation than "But Ryan deserves help!"

4 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

If what you say is true, doesn’t that make his feat more, not less, impressive. 

Which is it - Brady only won because he had a better supporting cast or he was playing with scrubs nobody wanted??

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Brown is still the biggest diva in the NFL. He came to that team for Brady to be their 3rd WR. Ryan couldn’t do that.

Gronk came out of retirement because of Brady. Ryan couldn’t do that. That same piece scored 2 TDs last night.

Fournette was brought there for Brady to have a power run game to compliment Jones.

Drafted Tristan Wirfs.

The offense was tailor made to play to Brady’s strengths. And some of those pieces only came there because Brady was there. 

Dude, Brown went there because someone paid him some attention. 

Gronk was always going to come back to play with Brady, not impressive. You don't think Tony G wouldn't have came back to play with Ryan, if he left to play with a well built team after he retired.. Yes, he would have broke his neck getting there for a shot at a ring. Ryan was one of the reasons Tony was excited to come to Atlanta. He thought he would have a shot.

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

TD is that you? Let’s find some guy with knee problems, some slow FS and some guy with speed but no football sense on the cheap. I don’t know why TATF has allergy for play makers. 

I keep seeing you post that TD was conservative in FA but nothing could be further from the truth.  We literally have 80% of our cap allocated to just 10 players. How much more aggressive could he have been?  The fact is he was far too aggressive 

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Dude, Brown went there because someone paid him some attention. 

Gronk was always going to come back to play with Brady, not impressive. You don't think Tony G wouldn't have came back to play with Ryan, if he left to play with a well built team after he retired.. Yes, he would have broke his neck getting there for a shot at a ring. Ryan was one of the reasons Tony was excited to come to Atlanta. He thought he would have a shot.

Brown went there to win a Super Bowl. Mission accomplished.

Gronk made no guarantees that he was coming back. He came back to play with Brady. He wouldn’t have done that with any other QB.

Gonzalez didn’t come back when we had a Super Bowl team. So no I don’t believe he would have come back for Ryan. 

1 hour ago, cyofish said:

Falcons would have won Super Bowl 51 if they had Tampa's defense and 250 lb pounding running back punishing defenders the ball in 2nd half. 

Could have won the Superbowl with the roster they had. If Coleman doesn't get right

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He got a toxic diva WR to take a role as their 3rd WR. He got a retired Superbowl winning TE, with nothing to prove to come out of retirement. A TE that scored twice last night. So yes, it’s impressive. 

Nobody wanted Brown. He didn't have teams beating his door down. And you can guarantee it didn't take much to convince Gronk to come play. So no, its not impressive

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I keep seeing you post that TD was conservative in FA but nothing could be further from the truth.  We literally have 80% of our cap allocated to just 10 players. How much more aggressive could he have been?  The fact is he was far too aggressive 

That doesn’t show anything about being aggressive and it’s more like mismanagement. It just reflects TATF thinking. TD and TATF were too worried about cap. TDs thinking was I have 20M, let me give 6 to guy with knee issues, 13 M to 5th year option for a guy who checked out of the game. Let’s find another scrub for 1m. His job was done. Instead, go see who is the best player/s available? Well we have this guy who can rush the passer at 16M, let’s get him. Or say another guy with out knee issues for 8 M. Work the cap not the other way round. 
In NFL lot of competitive teams are top heavy, heck Ryan had much lower cap hit from 2018-2020. 

9 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Brown went there to win a Super Bowl. Mission accomplished.

Gronk made no guarantees that he was coming back. He came back to play with Brady. He wouldn’t have done that with any other QB.

Gonzalez didn’t come back when we had a Super Bowl team. So no I don’t believe he would have come back for Ryan. 

Gronk said word for word that he would come back if Brady left the Patriots. 

Tony would have came back. He expressed interest in coming back if we got the issues ironed out after he retired, but like with McClure, TD said we wasn't interested and was moving on.  So , if he wouldn't take him back after he retired, he **** sure wasn't in 2016. 

Edited by THEHEADCOACH
2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I know we think that we could just plug and play but I don't know if that is really true.  I actually think Tom Brady as a QB talent isn't all that special.  Don't get me wrong, he is sharp, quite accurate and surprisingly tough.   What makes him so special is that he usually wins when it matters the most regardless of who is around him. It's as if he is proof of "The Secret".

Like I have said so many times. Tom. Brady has that "X" factor. He makes your football team better. He doesn't need everything to be perfect because he is that good, no matter what.  Our QB doesn't have that quality. Ours needs a great O-line, good running game, creative OC, 3 offensive weapons, a coach in lock step with him and a decent defense. 

If you need everything around you to be perfect, maybe that just means you are the one that is coming up short.... This isn't a dig, it's just the truth. Not many times in life we get the perfect situation. 

55 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The Falcoholic showed some moves that could free up $40 million or more. We also have the 4th pick in draft that many teams covet, we can probably parlor that into 4 picks in top 40.  That's 4 major contributors including a feature RB that will change the entire composition of the offense.  Pees will already get WAY more out of the defensive pieces that help KC to 17 and absolutely get some additions to go along with it.

We are nowhere near as far away as so many think. They don't realize how poorly this team was coached and how underutilized the talent was.

Pees is not going to morph this group into the 2000 Ravens.  Our line (exception of Grady) is utterly terrible.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

BOOM!

Ryan almost beat Brady head to head in Super Bowl with Brady having NFLs #1 defense and Ryan having NFLs #26 rated defense.  And it would be laughable to suggest DQ was as good a HC and Bill Belichick.

Ryan has always had to do with less than those he is compared to. The very best supporting cast Ryan ever had included the NFLs 26th ranked defense....think about that.

Yep this year, 5 1st round linemen, 1st round te, 3 first round wr's and a 1st round rb.  No supporting cast whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Gronk said word for word that he would come back if Brady left the Patriots. 

Tony would have came back. He expressed interest in coming back if we got the issues ironed out after he retired, but like with McClure, TD said we wasn't interested and was moving on.  So , if he wouldn't take him back after he retired, he **** sure wasn't in 2016. 

Like I said. He wouldn’t have come back for any other QB.

Can you provide that link. Last time I heard that talk Tony himself shot it down on live TV.