Jump to content

Matt RYAN will win a Super Bowl for Falcons if Blank gets him the same supporting cast Tom Brady had this year


gazoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Get Ryan that kind of coaching staff that knows how to utilize its players, knows how to scheme against opponents weaknesses and make halftime adjustments. Wow!
 

Get Ryan a feature running back capable of running for 300 yards for a 4.7 YPC average and 3 TDs in 4 playoff games? Wow! Then, give him that freaking defense with top coaching that was able to scheme to limit KCs high powered offense to just 3 FGs? All this equals a Lombardi for the Falcons.

We don’t need a new QB. Ryan has another 5 good years left in him. It’s pie in the sky talking about getting rid of him.

What we need, if we want a Lombardi, is for current roster to be far better coached, far better schemed and to have scouting department fill the holes with a bevy of high draft picks, strategic cap moves and player personnel.  That #4 pick in draft is golden for us, so many teams desperate for QBs will pay us a kings ransom for it.  Move down to middle of 1st round and pick up a high 2nd this THIS YEAR  with it, and get a starting RB, FS, CB and edge rusher all in top 40 picks of draft. Then, draft a massive NT in 3rd or 4th, just a plugger for now. 
 

We can be right in the hunt for a Super Bowl in 2021 season if we can get Ryan anywhere near the supporting cast Brady had at his disposal this season. This includes coaching that knows how to utilize the current talent on the roster, scheme to take advantage of our players strengths against our opponents weaknesses and can make in game and halftime adjustments. 
 

I’m stoked about 2021. The $#@& with a 3 year rebuild construction project. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One other thing to point out that seems to have gotten overlooked. Unselfishness played a huge role in their success this season. There were times people attempted to stir up drama when Evans wasn't getting his usual targets and he accepted it. Last night he got one target and his response was "1 target, 1 ring". That's one aspect of their team that has went completely overlooked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

One other thing to point out that seems to have gotten overlooked. Unselfishness played a huge role in their success this season. There were times people attempted to stir up drama when Evans wasn't getting his usual targets and he accepted it. Last night he got one target and his response was "1 target, 1 ring". That's one aspect of their team that has went completely overlooked

Julio Jones has been preaching this for years but what do our fans moan about.Dumb **** like he gets injured or we shouldn’t have resigned or extended him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

One other thing to point out that seems to have gotten overlooked. Unselfishness played a huge role in their success this season. There were times people attempted to stir up drama when Evans wasn't getting his usual targets and he accepted it. Last night he got one target and his response was "1 target, 1 ring". That's one aspect of their team that has went completely overlooked

Very good point. There is a tone set at the top that filters down and impacts the locker room. I don’t see this front office or coaching staff taking any @#&& from these players.  I heard Smith treats every player same weather is Grady, Julio, Steven Means or Treadwell.  This actually helps create exactly what you are addressing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I appreciate the optimism but honestly Ryan isn’t in the same atmosphere in terms of Brady. Not to mention that Brady lured, a lot of the talent that was on that roster, there. Ryan does not have that type of juice. 

Link?

We heard this kind of nonsense when we were looking for new coaching staff and GM. They wouldn’t want to come here because no talent etc, yet, we got the top head coaching candidate out there and Pees as DC who came out of retirement just to work with him for Gods sake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know we think that we could just plug and play but I don't know if that is really true.  I actually think Tom Brady as a QB talent isn't all that special.  Don't get me wrong, he is sharp, quite accurate and surprisingly tough.   What makes him so special is that he usually wins when it matters the most regardless of who is around him. It's as if he is proof of "The Secret".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Very good point. There is a tone set at the top that filters down and impacts the locker room. I don’t see this front office or coaching staff taking any @#&& from these players.  I heard Smith treats every player same weather is Grady, Julio, Steven Means or Treadwell.  This actually helps create exactly what you are addressing. 

Bingo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I know we think that we could just plug and play but I don't know if that is really true.  I actually think Tom Brady as a QB talent isn't all that special.  Don't get me wrong, he is sharp, quite accurate and surprisingly tough.   What makes him so special is that he usually wins when it matters the most regardless of who is around him. It's as if he is proof of "The Secret".

Agreed. But note, Ryan had most come from behind wins up until the DQ years. This shows Ryan’s fierce competitive  nature. We know Ryan’s football IQ is high.

Brady wins because he’s fiercely competitive, has a high football IQ,  AND he has a great supporting cast. Brady had the NFLs #1 rated defense when we played them in Super Bowl. Ryan had the NFLs #26 ranked defense when he played against Brady in Super Bowl and dam near beat him.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Link?

We heard this kind of nonsense when we were looking for new coaching staff and GM. They wouldn’t want to come here, yet, we got the top head coaching candidate out there and Pees as DC who came out of retirement just to work with him for Gods sake. 

Head coach is different than players. Most first time HCs pick and choose where they go. Despite popular belief the Falcons weren’t the most attractive job opening to go to; we also weren’t the worst. The margin wasn’t as monumental as some may have been led to believe. We had just as much shot at getting Smith as other teams with vacancies.  

Both Gronk and Brown went there because Brady. It was talked about extensively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah i dont think so. Something  I think is the biggest difference between Brady and Ryan is Brady is willing to be the bad guy. He clearly has a edge that Ryan does not have. I could see Brady checking to a run (he did it last night) despite what the call is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe so but a few things worth mentioning in relation to success from the 2020 season. 

  1. The Bucs talent from the draft 2015 and before is better with Lavonte David, Mike Evans, Donovan Smith, and Ali Marpet vs Jake Matthews, Grady Jarrett, and that's it. 
  2. The Bucs didn't get much out of the 2016 nor 2017 drafts. Their drafts from 2018 on have been stellar. That means not only have they gotten a lot of good players, but none of them are making any kind of money. Atlanta's drafts have been decent but nothing special. 
  3. The Bucs have done a lot better in free agency. They signed Ryan Jensen and Suh to big money deals and got big money production out of them. They took a flyer on Shaq Barrett and he has been killer. The Falcons have gotten burned on big money deals for anyone who isn't Alex Mack and haven't found any diamonds in the rough in pro free agency. What happened with Shaq Barrett would be like Steven Means leading the NFL in sacks, which is obviously ludicrous. 
  4. The Bucs have a great cap situation. They haven't had to cut any dead weight in a while. Atlanta has been robbing Peter to pay Paul for years with constant re-structuring with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Jake Matthews, and others. They've also had a lot of dead money costs for Freeman, Truffant, Jamon Brown, etc. 
Edited by Summerhill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

And Gronk, Antonio Brown, Leonard Fournette, Decent Draft. Excellent Defense all together. 

Excellent draft as. I banged the drum for Wirfs all offseason. Dude ends up as the 2nd best RT in the entire NFL as a rookie smfh. And Winfield was an integral part of their defense as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Get Ryan that kind of coaching staff that knows how to utilize its players, knows how to scheme against opponents weaknesses and make halftime adjustments. Wow!
 

Get Ryan a feature running back capable of running for 300 yards for a 4.7 YPC average and 3 TDs in 4 playoff games? Wow! Then, give him that freaking defense with top coaching that was able to scheme to limit KCs high powered offense to just 3 FGs? All this equals a Lombardi for the Falcons.

We don’t need a new QB. Ryan has another 5 good years left in him. It’s pie in the sky talking about getting rid of him.

What we need, if we want a Lombardi, is for current roster to be far better coached, far better schemed and to have scouting department fill the holes with a bevy of high draft picks, strategic cap moves and player personnel.  That #4 pick in draft is golden for us, so many teams desperate for QBs will pay us a kings ransom for it.  Move down to middle of 1st round and pick up a high 2nd this THIS YEAR  with it, and get a starting RB, FS, CB and edge rusher all in top 40 picks of draft. Then, draft a massive NT in 3rd or 4th, just a plugger for now. 
 

We can be right in the hunt for a Super Bowl in 2021 season if we can get Ryan anywhere near the supporting cast Brady had at his disposal this season. This includes coaching that knows how to utilize the current talent on the roster, scheme to take advantage of our players strengths against our opponents weaknesses and can make in game and halftime adjustments. 
 

I’m stoked about 2021. The $#@& with a 3 year rebuild construction project. 

 

 

 

Hallelujah brother!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think Green Bay was the better team this year, but Tampa has been ridiculously talented for a long while.  That's why they kept being picked every preseason as a surprise team.

They just needed any decent QB to be a playoff team (and from there, who knows.  Bucs could have easily lost in the playoffs, or won...it's getting to the 2nd season that's the deal).

Think of their defense.  A DL that can get to the QB with 4.  That sets up a defense.  Then you have 2 of the best young LB in the league.  Then you have a solid secondary with one of the best young safeties.  

On offense they've had a good to pretty good OL and great receiving targets.

That's a good solid team.  With good coaching, and any top 10 QB, that's a playoff team with the ability to win the Super Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...