I hope you all can appreciate

9 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Amateur.   This is year 40 for me. 

All I’ve learned during that time is whoever said “luck has a way of evening out” was full of ****. 

Ok cool whatever. Dont have to throw shade just because you've been a fan for longer. 

5 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

There are now two official definitions of insanity:

1.) Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

2.) Being a fan of the Atlanta Falcons National Football League franchise.  😝

That's great!

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Well I was a huge FSU fan. I mean huge. That was my team but I went to college in Miami and now I hate them as much as the Gators. I can definitely see it because I lived it

That's different, You actually went to the school. You were a part of it. Everyone becomes a fan of their alma mater.

In terms of NFL teams, he never was a a part of the Falcons/Bucs and had no further connection to it other than being a fan.

Growing up an hour outside of Philly, when i was 12 I decided to change from my homer status for my football and baseball teams. To avoid being called a front runner, I picked the 2 worst teams in the regular season from the previous year... the Falcons and the Cubs. Some things never change 😕.. but I've stood by them for 33 years or so now

56 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Why would anyone change their team? If I reached a point of enough with Falcons, I would just drift away from NFL, not find someone else.

This is where I was a couple years ago.  This board was toxic, the fans were not the greatest and the team found ways to simply suck.  I just said **** the NFL all together.  Started enjoying soccer again...the United are a lot of fun.  The fans are insanely positive and supportive.  Then they fired TD and Quinn.  Made me pay a bit of attention again.  Change was OVER DUE.

8 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

That's different, You actually went to the school. You were a part of it. Everyone becomes a fan of their alma mater.

In terms of NFL teams, he never was a a part of the Falcons/Bucs and had no further connection to it other than being a fan.

True. That’s true

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Nah I could have lived plenty of other places. I chose Atlanta. It was time to support the local teams. 

32 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

There are now two official definitions of insanity:

1.) Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

2.) Being a fan of the Atlanta Falcons National Football League franchise.  😝

Make that 3...running the same tired squad out there again and expecting the window of 16' to still be open. Seemingly because the owner is older than dirt and wants to "win" now. Winning what, I'm not actually sure of. 

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

I was a Bucs fan for 20 years but have been all-in with the Falcons for 5-6 years now. Last night meant nothing for me. I'm stuck with this lousy team now. 

Are you the one jinxing us?

Been a fan since its' inception and making Nobis the first overall pick of the franchise (Now, 55 years ago).  The disappointments still outweigh the highlights by a huge amount which does makes moments like stomping Green Bay in the NFCCG a few years ago something I cherish about this team the most but then to lose a 25-point lead in the second half of the SB when I finally felt 'safe' about us winning our first Lombardi crash and burned like nothing I've ever seen before.  I don't have as much time left as many of you and will go to my grave a Falcon fan.  I just hope they can win it all SOON!

On the other hand, it's really good that I'm also an Alabama Crimson Tide fan and that 'revenge win' versus OSU in the Natty Game was just too sweet!

43 minutes ago, nomak said:

Last year I was a KC fan this year it's TB...next year, TBD. 

I actually know some people who are like that.

I also had a young former coworker that grew up in Phoenix City, Alabama who claims he has been a Pats fan since the Drew Bledsoe days.

Me and a bunch of the other co-workers gave him crap because we all knew he was lying lol.

I bet he isn't a Pats fan anymore now.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I actually know some people who are like that.

I also had a young former coworker that grew up in Phoenix City, Alabama who claims he has been a Pats fan since the Drew Bledsoe days.

Me and a bunch of the other co-workers gave him crap because we all knew he was lying lol.

I bet he isn't a Pats fan anymore now.

You just described half of North Carolina. They take their Redskins jerseys or cowboys jerseys out when Panthers sick. Too bad other two suck. 

Man I am sorry you made that choice. Honestly I’ll never be anything but a Falcon diehard.  I know we’re supposed to say it’s just a game but with everything rotten I’ve been dealing with the past few years it would be nice if the outlet of my sports team would provide some hope instead of the constant nut kicking it’s provided me for the past 4 plus decades.  

22 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

As a lifelong Falcons fan I gotta ask... What in the Holy ***k made you a fan of this ringless ***t show team that we locals have no choice but to love?

Aht aht aht. You have a choice. Never say there isn't a choice. 

5 hours ago, Summerhill said:

I was a Bucs fan for 20 years but have been all-in with the Falcons for 5-6 years now. Last night meant nothing for me. I'm stuck with this lousy team now. 

So what you are saying, is.... the Falcons won't win a Super Bowl until you leave us for another team...........?  😜

1 minute ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Yeah true dat but you have to question the choice lol.

😆 Which is why it's hard to understand how we all became falcon fans lol. I can't  do that home town/state stuff though. I'm all around the nation with my teams

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

😆 Which is why it's hard to understand how we all became falcon fans lol. I can't  do that home town/state stuff though. I'm all around the nation with my teams

I'm just a lifelong Falcons and Steelers fan through and through. Falcons because they're home team and Steelers was always a childhood crush. As far as other teams, I'm a habitual bandwagoner. Think I'm about to start pulling for the Chargers as my side team.

1 minute ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I'm just a lifelong Falcons and Steelers fan through and through. Falcons because they're home team and Steelers was always a childhood crush. As far as other teams, I'm a habitual bandwagoner. Think I'm about to start pulling for the Chargers as my side team.

That's bout like me. Broncos and Falcons. Been that way since I started watching football. Hurricanes college football. Duke college bball. Wherever LeBron goes, I go lol