I hope you all can appreciate

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a Bucs fan for 20 years but have been all-in with the Falcons for 5-6 years now. Last night meant nothing for me. I'm stuck with this lousy team now. 

When I was 5 we lived in Baltimore, and my dad had a choice between a new job in Atlanta, or one in Boston.     gee, thanks dad

Why would anyone change their team? If I reached a point of enough with Falcons, I would just drift away from NFL, not find someone else.

15 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

I was a Bucs fan for 20 years but have been all-in with the Falcons for 5-6 years now. Last night meant nothing for me. I'm stuck with this lousy team now. 

Our deepest sympathies, bro. Maybe you should've checked with one of us lifers before you decided on the Falcons as your new choice.

But yeah, we here all are in the same boat and none of us seem inclined to jump out and try to swim for shore. God only knows why. :lol:

2 minutes ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Why would anyone change their team? If I reached a point of enough with Falcons, I would just drift away from NFL, not find someone else.

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

How does one just switch teams? I could see myself getting sick of the NFL product we see and stop watching altogether but I can't see myself changing who my support is for.

I was born in Tampa but moved here by choice 15 years ago. I never got Dish or anything so barely got Bucs games anymore and just started watching Falcons games out of convenience. I grew dissatisfied with the losing and ineptitude and garbage Tampa fans but drafting Jameis Winston fully pushed me away. 

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

I was born in Tampa but moved here by choice 15 years ago. I never got Dish or anything so barely got Bucs games anymore and just started watching Falcons games out of convenience. I grew dissatisfied with the losing and ineptitude and garbage Tampa fans but drafting Jameis Winston fully pushed me away. 

Well at least you got to experience one SB win in 02. Not sure you will see another though so strap in and prepare for future disappointment.

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

How does one just switch teams? I could see myself getting sick of the NFL product we see and stop watching altogether but I can't see myself changing who my support is for.

Yeah, how does this work?  Do you file paperwork?   Burn all of your old stuff?  Hold a ceremony?   Does your old team formally denounce you, like the pope to a corrupt priest??

Now I’ll be trying to figure this out all afternoon instead of working.  Eh, no deadlines today

5 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Our deepest sympathies, bro. Maybe you should've checked with one of us lifers before you decided on the Falcons as your new choice.

But yeah, we here all are in the same boat and none of us seem inclined to jump out and try to swim for shore. God only knows why. :lol:

Very true words

26 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

So you switched just in time to be on the wrong side of the biggest SB comeback ever, and then the QB that aced out the Falcons in SB 51 guides your old team to a title.  

That’s some serious bad luck or God is realllly messing with you

9 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

I've been all in on Atlanta for 30 years since I was 6 years old. There's no going back or switching for me. I'm bleeding Red&Black until I leave this earth.

20 years for me. Been a fan since 2001 when I was 11. My father has been one for way much longer. Ive got a closet full of Falcons Jerseys. This fandom is not stopping anytime soon. 

9 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

So you switched just in time to be on the wrong side of the biggest SB comeback ever, and then the QB that aced out the Falcons in SB 51 guides your old team to a title.  

That’s some serious bad luck or God is realllly messing with you

Now that you put it that way it sounds pretty bad. 

7 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

20 years for me. Been a fan since 2001 when I was 11. My father has been one for way much longer. Ive got a closet full of Falcons Jerseys. This fandom is not stopping anytime soon. 

Amateur.   This is year 40 for me. 

All I’ve learned during that time is whoever said “luck has a way of evening out” was full of ****. 

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville
28 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

We've all asked ourselves that from time to time, but just can't let go.    

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

We've all asked ourselves that from time to time, but just can't let go.    

There are now two official definitions of insanity:

1.) Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

2.) Being a fan of the Atlanta Falcons National Football League franchise.  😝

35 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Well I was a huge FSU fan. I mean huge. That was my team but I went to college in Miami and now I hate them as much as the Gators. I can definitely see it because I lived it