Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

I kind of felt frustrated watching the Chiefs last night... reminded me of a bit of the Falcons game when Ryan has no protection. Change the game plan to a more quick throw and screen game and run the ball more... but Chiefs kept trying to throw the ball downfield.

I don't really remember us getting shut down that badly. The Bucs got really hot though towards the end of the year once they put everything together. Kudos to them. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know some of you are very knowledgeable about football and schemes. But others just like to watch football and not get into the technical side. The Bucs didn’t do anything special to stop the Chiefs

They executed their zone play perfectly and took advantage of a weak offensive line. Hat tipped

The weakness in the cover 2 is across the middle. Mahomes just couldn’t expose them because he was running like Dada from Next Friday when Baby D was after his a$$

Posted Images

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Chiefs better upgrade their o line and d line. They have to improve that run game

But Reid/Bienemy actually has to commit to it. Watching that game last night was like watching insanity. In the first possession of the second half, I thought Reid and co. wised up and we're gonna start pounding the rock after that 30 or so yard sprint by Edwards-Helaire. Then they went right back to pass, pass, pass. Even as a neutral fan it was frustrating to watch because anybody with two functioning eyes and a brain could see the Bucs were not going to let the Chiefs beat them passing. Meanwhile their star QB that's already battling a foot injury is having to run for his life every other play trying to make something happen because his coaches refuse to adapt the gameplan. And like you said, it wasn't like Bowles was throwing some exotic blitz packages at the offense all game. They were just getting beat with 4-man fronts and two deep safeties.

Honestly, the Chiefs should have lost in last year's Super Bowl too, but the Niners just imploded down the stretch. They can't keep relying on Mahomes to try and bail them out with his arms and legs playing that hero ball nonsense.

You could reasonably argue 2 Bucs TDs were off over involvement from the refs.  But the O line worst case scenario was playing out and kudos to the Bucs for attacking and not letting up, not giving KC a chance.  Well played.  

And my pico came out great.  My secret?  I use serannos instead of jalepenos because they are more consistent.  

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I know some of you are very knowledgeable about football and schemes. But others just like to watch football and not get into the technical side. The Bucs didn’t do anything special to stop the Chiefs. They played cover 2 all game. Which is two deep safeties. That’s it. Nothing else. Shannon said it best you can’t pass out of cover 2. You have to run out of it. This obviously isn’t Falcons related but heck it’s the off-season right now 

Was it cover two man or zone? Maybe both? I was a bit out of it.

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I know some of you are very knowledgeable about football and schemes. But others just like to watch football and not get into the technical side. The Bucs didn’t do anything special to stop the Chiefs. They played cover 2 all game. Which is two deep safeties. That’s it. Nothing else. Shannon said it best you can’t pass out of cover 2. You have to run out of it. This obviously isn’t Falcons related but heck it’s the off-season right now 

It depends on if your defense is running on all cylinders. KC was missing their two starting Tackles, and Tampa did what they were supposed to do. If that Defense had a weakness, it didn't show up last night.

Dude, I DVR'd Undisputed and just turned it on and watching it, and reading this thread at the same time, I read what you said Shannon said just as he was saying it on TV. You can't make this stuff up.  biggrin.gif.4d47f3fcc21c7930f28745d47c98ce29.gif

Both there safeties are really good... but Winfield is going to be elite...

2 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

But Reid/Bienemy actually has to commit to it. Watching that game last night was like watching insanity. In the first possession of the second half, I thought Reid and co. wised up and we're gonna start pounding the rock after that 30 or so yard sprint by Edwards-Helaire. Then they went right back to pass, pass, pass. Even as a neutral fan it was frustrating to watch because anybody with two functioning eyes and a brain could see the Bucs were not going to let the Chiefs beat them passing. Meanwhile their star QB that's already battling a foot injury is having to run for his life every other play trying to make something happen because his coaches refuse to adapt the gameplan. And like you said, it wasn't like Bowles was throwing some exotic blitz packages at the offense all game. They were just getting beat with 4-man fronts and two deep safeties.

Honestly, the Chiefs should have lost in last year's Super Bowl too, but the Niners just imploded down the stretch. They can't keep relying on Mahomes to try and bail them out with his arms and legs playing that hero ball nonsense.

That will get Mahomes hurt and done.  

3 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Funny thing is the Bucs used almost the same defense last night they used to stomp the Raiders in SB37—Cover 2 and consistent pressure from rushing four.  Instead of Lynch, Sapp, Rice and Brooks it was Winfield, Suh, David and White

Monte Kiffin, Mike Tomlin and Raheem Morris were all apart of that defensive coaching group

19 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It depends on if your defense is running on all cylinders. KC was missing their two starting Tackles, and Tampa did what they were supposed to do. If that Defense had a weakness, it didn't show up last night.

The weakness in the cover 2 is across the middle. Mahomes just couldn’t expose them because he was running like Dada from Next Friday when Baby D was after his a$$

19 minutes ago, fuego said:

Dude, I DVR'd Undisputed and just turned it on and watching it, and reading this thread at the same time, I read what you said Shannon said just as he was saying it on TV. You can't make this stuff up.  biggrin.gif.4d47f3fcc21c7930f28745d47c98ce29.gif

I was screaming at my TV last night for them to run the ball in the 1st half

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

You could reasonably argue 2 Bucs TDs were off over involvement from the refs.  But the O line worst case scenario was playing out and kudos to the Bucs for attacking and not letting up, not giving KC a chance.  Well played.  

And my pico came out great.  My secret?  I use serannos instead of jalepenos because they are more consistent.  

We do the Serrano as well in most of our salsas.  For the same reason!  Jalapenos are all over the place with heat.  I like a nice habenero to add some almost fruit flavor (gotta de-seed that ****** though....🤣)

19 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Both really.  Cover two zone.  They practiced containment.  Now it's up to Reid and Bienemy to figure out how to counter the counter.

I think having their tackles back will help. I think they just out athlete teams. Tampa has an enormous amount of athletes and physicality. Not to mention monsters in the trenches.