Jump to content

Much Respect To Arians


FalconsIn2012
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, insight said:

Arians deserve credit for giving the credit to his Tom Brady for showing the team how to win and giving credit to his coaching staff.  A true leader is not scared to hire people who are smarter than him and allow them to thrive and be successful and hold them accountable.   

Two Questions

1. Does Bill Bellichick deserve any credit for the Patriots Superbowls? 

2. Was Tampa's offensive or Defense responsible for holding the chiefs to 9 points? 

 

Arians threw  his team and players under the bus multiple times when losing this year. That’s not a leader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Arians threw  his team and players under the bus multiple times when losing this year. That’s not a leader.

So how exactly do you define leadership?  The head coach is responsible for insure all three phases are prepared and come mentally and physically ready to play.  Arians did that. 

More importantly it's not what your or I think about Arians leadership it's what the player belief because the proof is in the results.  The results were a 31-9 Superbowl win. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, insight said:

So how exactly do you define leadership?  The head coach is responsible for insure all three phases are prepared and come mentally and physically ready to play.  Arians did that. 

More importantly it's not what your or I think about Arians leadership it's what the player belief because the proof is in the results.  The results were a 31-9 Superbowl win. 

 

 

The results were Brady getting that team together. A leader takes the blame for his crew he doesn’t throw blame at them and say they suck he’s perfect. If that’s your idea of a leader then I hope like **** you’re not in any position of leadership anywhere in life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

The results were Brady getting that team together. A leader takes the blame for his crew he doesn’t throw blame at them and say they suck he’s perfect. If that’s your idea of a leader then I hope like **** you’re not in any position of leadership anywhere in life.

I feel strongly both ways. Some of the best coaches (results wise) I ever played for were considered hard a$$es and playing and practicing under them was truly a chore to dread until after the fact and you're looking back on it. When I was in the service, some of the best C.O.'s were tough s.o.b.'s that made life difficult daily but when a job needed done they always chose us to do it and we were ready for the fight. During the ordeal I hated every minute but afterward I realize that the biggest disservice that you can provide to any group you lead is to leave them unprepared for their job due to you're own vanity of needing to be liked. In sports it forms bad teams , in the military it gets people killed.

My biggest problem is with a leader that's disingenuous. Someone who clearly plays favorites and if you play or operate better than his favorite, he will protect that favorite to your disadvantage. I can't stand that. As it pertains to that, if a team (players) know they screwed the pooch in game and they all agree that it was a problem with execution on the field, if the coach says that in a press conference and the players know him to be a fair person, the players will usually say.."well he's just telling it like it is". If the coach is not a fair guy they won't take that well. The Bucs seemed to take the criticism well from Arians so I can only assume they view him as tough but fair. I don't know, I don't know the man.

One other point, you know Brady chose Tampa for a reason. He knew who Arians was and named him as reason he selected Tampa. Do you think if Brady had been forced to go to the Jets, Adam Gase would be holding the trophy today?  

Edited by slider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, slider said:

I feel strongly both ways. Some of the best coaches (results wise) I ever played for were considered hard a$$es and playing and practicing under them was truly a chore to dread until after the fact and you're looking back on it. When I was in the service, some of the best C.O.'s were tough s.o.b.'s that made life difficult daily but when a job needed done they always chose us to do it and we were ready for the fight. During the ordeal I hated every minute but afterward I realize that the biggest disservice to you can do to any group you lead is to leave them unprepared for their job due to you're own vanity of needing to be liked. In sports it forms bad teams , in the military it gets people killed.

My biggest problem is with a leader that's disingenuous. Someone who clearly plays favorites and if you play or operate better than his favorite, he will protect that favorite to your disadvantage. I can't stand that. As it pertains to that, if a team (players) know they screwed the pooch in game and they all agree that it was a problem with execution on the field, if the coach says that in a press conference and the players know him to be a fair person, the players will usually say.."well he's just telling it like it is". If the coach is not a fair guy they won't take that well. The Bucs seemed to take the criticism well from Arians so I can only assume they view him as tough but fair. I don't know, I don't know the man.

One other point, you know Brady chose Tampa for a reason. He knew who Arians was and named him as reason he selected Tampa. Do you think if Brady had been forced to go to the Jets, Adam Gase would be holding the trophy today?  

It’s known Brady tried SF first but they said no (dumb as ****) he went to Tampa because of the weapons and he knew Arians would let him throw.

Arians isn’t a hard *** he’s a coward. You don’t run to the media to blast your players you talk to them like a man. He is nothing without Brady and he will be nothing again once Brady leaves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

It’s known Brady tried SF first but they said no (dumb as ****) he went to Tampa because of the weapons and he knew Arians would let him throw.

Arians isn’t a hard *** he’s a coward. You don’t run to the media to blast your players you talk to them like a man. He is nothing without Brady and he will be nothing again once Brady leaves.

You seem upset ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bush it. No Gronk, no AB, no Fournette, no Wirfs, no Winfield, Vea and Godwin on IR. Different team.

Exactly. The Brady crew. Three of those guys ain't coming if TB wasn't there.

Wirfs and Winfield do not make this a title team alone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Vea and Godwin both played last year.

My bad. It was JPP that was on IR last year, not Vea. Even bigger impact. Godwin missed the last couple games. 

Are you saying Brady is the only change to this years' team? Or that he's the only reason they won a Bowl? You watch that defense son?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

My bad. It was JPP that was on IR last year, not Vea. Even bigger impact. Godwin missed the last couple games. 

Are you saying Brady is the only change to this years' team? Or that he's the only reason they won a Bowl? You watch that defense son?

That defense was meh when the offense was trash and couldn’t score son.

JPP being a bigger impact than Vea is laughable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats, you hired a good staff, their color and gender had NOTHING to do with it, so quit celebrating it like it's an award. If you're too stupid to hire the best person regardless of race or gender that's your own fault and you're only hurting yourself in the long run.

If his coaching staff was 100% male and white, would they have been any less the team that won the Super Bowl this year?  No, so who cares? My good Lord, if we want to be equals that means treating each other equally. Quit celebrating one or the other and let's focus on what matters, the person's character and ability.

Tweets like this are part of the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Arians is a good guy.

 

He may say too much publicly about what he thinks about his player when they aren't playing well and may throw them under the bus at times. But he's a very honest person.

Bruce Arians is just a solid old style coach who deserves all the accolades.   Proof good guys can finish first.   Old school coaching wins.

If Arians had been here, maybe some of the slackers we have had like Hageman and Beasley, would have shaped up and became players.  They certainly would not have played until they showed some life in thier play.... And Beasley -certainly- deserved to be called out, publicly, by our HC.    The guy stunk up the field in front of millions, its not like it was a secret or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stizz said:

Same team and coaches were 7 and 9 last year. This is Brady's doing and Arians deserves nothing, especially after throwing him under the bus when the going was tough.

So Belichick also deserves nothing, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stizz said:

Same team and coaches were 7 and 9 last year. This is Brady's doing and Arians deserves nothing, especially after throwing him under the bus when the going was tough.

Yep, just put Brady on any team like the Jets or Jax and they win the SB next year. Don't even need coaches...Brady did a much better job at coaching the Defense than Bowles...

The Bucs could have been a playoff team last year if Crab Legs didn't throw 30 INTs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mr.Blank said:

Yep, just put Brady on any team like the Jets or Jax and they win the SB next year. Don't even need coaches...Brady did a much better job at coaching the Defense than Bowles...

The Bucs could have been a playoff team last year if Crab Legs didn't throw 30 INTs

...Brady is an organization and will bring his boys with him at this point. I'm not sure you're grasping the leadership and intangibles he brings to a team. 

The Jaguars absolutely make the playoffs if Brady is their starter with 7 playoff teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, stizz said:

...Brady is an organization and will bring his boys with him at this point. I'm not sure you're grasping the leadership and intangibles he brings to a team. 

The Jaguars absolutely make the playoffs if Brady is their starter with 7 playoff teams.

I do understand what he brings to a team. But it’s a team sport, can’t be done alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, stizz said:

Two things can be true.

Bowles is an outstanding d coordinator. Arians is a middle of the pack head coach who hadn't won anything until Brady and his crew came in.

 

Do you mean a middle of the pack coach like Belichick who hasn't won anything without Brady and crew. Hard to discredit Arians when they got it done in all phases of the game not just defense. Ultimately the players are the most important ingredient, but the head coaches responsibility is to get everyone to buy in and he did that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, insight said:

Do you mean a middle of the pack coach like Belichick who hasn't won anything without Brady and crew. Hard to discredit Arians when they got it done in all phases of the game not just defense. Ultimately the players are the most important ingredient, but the head coaches responsibility is to get everyone to buy in and he did that. 

BB ain't middle of the pack. One of the best adjustments after halftime and creates gameplans that will eliminate #1 offensive weapons. 

Brady was missing throws in our SB. It was those adjustments on defense in that second half and our terrible coaching that got them that ring. I can also make a argument about how Brady was average against the Rams as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, stizz said:

BB ain't middle of the pack. One of the best adjustments after halftime and creates gameplans that will eliminate #1 offensive weapons. 

Brady was missing throws in our SB. It was those adjustments on defense in that second half and our terrible coaching that got them that ring. I can also make a argument about how Brady was average against the Rams as well.

BB didn't look like a good coach this year or when he was he Cleveland. I personally think BB is a great football coach, also believe he is dependent on the players and coaches around him. 

Arians is not BB but implying he is not above average after beating the defending super bowl champs so convincedly is un fair criticism in my opinion. I'm old enough to remember when they said similar things about Andy Reid.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...