What watching this SB showed me.

The Falcons need a defense and a run game.

Of course Brady will get the spotlight, but the Bucs got after Mahomes and disabled that Chiefs offense. They also ran the ball really well and kept that Chiefs defense very off-balanced.

Time for Smith and Fontenot to get to work.

Also, am I the only one who realizes that Tom Brady now has more SBs than any NFL franchise?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Falcons need a defense and a run game.   Of course Brady will get the spotlight, but the Bucs got after Mahomes and disabled that Chiefs offense. They also ran the ball really well and k

It showed me that incidental contact is actually a penalty.......for Brady atleast.

Lets get the REFS on our team too!! lol 

Posted Images

Yeah. Lucky SOB. Lol.

Bottom line, Championship is about building complete teams.QB super hero ball ain’t winning games.
Ironically Mahomes had a bad SB last year but his run game bailed him out with crucial plays late in the game. KC defense also had to deal with Mahomes 2 Interceptions last SB.

13 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Of course Brady will get the spotlight, but the Bucs got after Mahomes and disabled that Chiefs offense. They also ran the ball really well and kept that Chiefs defense very off-balanced.

Also, am I the only one who realizes that Tom Brady now has more SBs than any NFL franchise?

More than a whole D.... we need better S play...  Winfield is a stud.. but Whitehead is really good.... we need to grab a true S in FA and draft one .. grab Surtain draft a S grab one in FA and draft a Rb... we are playoff team even with our Pass Rushers... 

Have a good offense and have a good defense at the same time and life can be easy, getting hot right during the playoffs helps too. We played the Bucs twice and their defense didn't look as good as it did during the playoffs this year, they really stepped it up in the postseason. Bowles probably coached the best defensive performance since Seattle massacred the Broncos. 

1 minute ago, TheHeartless said:

Have a good offense and have a good defense at the same time and life can be easy, getting hot right during the playoffs helps too. We played the Bucs twice and their defense didn't look as good as it did during the playoffs this year, they really stepped it up in the postseason. Bowles probably coached the best defensive performance since Seattle massacred the Broncos. 

Quinn!

17 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah. Lucky SOB. Lol.

Bottom line, Championship is about building complete teams.QB super hero ball ain’t winning games.
Ironically Mahomes had a bad SB last year but his run game bailed him out with crucial plays late in the game. KC defense also had to deal with Mahomes 2 Interceptions last SB.

This should be common sense by now but I guess common sense isn't for everyone

A guy from PFF wrote this and its true...

You REALLY have to appreciate how the Bucs invested in the secondary.

🔸Carlton Davis (2018 2nd)
🔸Jordan Whitehead (2018 4th)

🔸Sean Murphy-Bunting (2019 2nd)
🔸Jamel Dean (2019 3rd)
🔸Mike Edwards (2019 3rd)

🔸Antoine Winfield Jr. (2020 2nd)

This is JMHO.

The Chiefs had 2 replacements on the OL.  That was enough to cause issues in the passing game. Mahomes was hobbled.  Once the Chiefs were forced to pass, the Bucs defense took control.  That Chiefs line could not hold up.

Brady played with a loaded team.  We have seen him succeed in the past, but we saw some failures when he was with the Pats. He is good enough to be nearly unstoppable with a loaded team, but like all other QBs, he cannot do it by himself.  The Bucs gave him a team that could win a SB.

Now, I could hope that people stating a great QB puts the team on his back and wins, no matter what will realize not even Brady could do that.  I could hope that those who believe that if we draft the next Mahomes he will take the Falcons to the SB even if we do not fix the rest of the team.  I could hope that people who believe running QBs are the answer or that rocket arm QBs are the solution can now see that a full, complimentary, well coached team with a good game plan is the answer.  But, I know better. 

By tomorrow, we will see pleas for that magical QB who by himself will bring the Lombardi to FB.  Guess what?  We have to get this team fixed first. 

This SB was more validation of what it takes to be a winner.  I am hoping Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot, with or without a QB as draft position 4, will get us what we need.  The waiting line has been 55 years long. 

36 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I try not to think about Brady's accomplishments too much because they make my head hurt and my heart sink. 

31 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

KC was playing without both OT's and with a gimpy Mahomes.

Your points are still on, but it would have been a different game otherwise.

I did feel like I was watching the Falcons play though....a lot of stupid mistakes and mental errors really cost the Chiefs that first half

28 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

A guy from PFF wrote this and its true...

You REALLY have to appreciate how the Bucs invested in the secondary.

🔸Carlton Davis (2018 2nd)
🔸Jordan Whitehead (2018 4th)

🔸Sean Murphy-Bunting (2019 2nd)
🔸Jamel Dean (2019 3rd)
🔸Mike Edwards (2019 3rd)

🔸Antoine Winfield Jr. (2020 2nd)

But fans want a QB what we really need to do is this. Build the **** trenches.  Terrell a stud. So grab another one early imo. 

7 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

But fans want a QB what we really need to do is this. Build the **** trenches.  Terrell a stud. So grab another one early imo. 

Best case scenario would be a trade down to grab a extra 2nd.. that way we can get Surtain, Washington in the second and a Pass Rusher in the 2nd.. then grab a RB in the 3rd...