ANYBODY ENJOY WATCHING THAT YOUNG PHENOM QB GETTING EMBARRASED BY BRADY ?

5 minutes ago, nomak said:

I understand truth hurts...facts are facts. Homie has sucked it up in back to back Super Bowls. He's created an awful pattern and will not be the next goat as many are currently proclaiming. 

The only truth that hurts is that we still don't have a ring. You can take your personal shots at Mahomes all you like. We didn't win. He has a ring. Brady has 7, and Tampa has two Super Bowls. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it’s not a smart take. But the narrative a mobile QB can overcome poor OL can be put to rest. Truth is every QB needs an Ol and a team with good D and run game. 

Yes....it was Brady who harassed Mahomes all game....come on man

Yep. I’ve been saying all year that a new quarterback isn’t going to fix these problems. Like, if you were to swap Ryan with any of the upcoming rookies, Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance, they all w

Posted Images

Just now, nomak said:

No agenda but talking like mahomes is going to be the next goat should stop. 

I don't think there is any question that Mahomes is a great quarterback.  I hope you are mot making the argument that he isn't because he is.  The message should be even great quarterbacks can't carry an entire team.

36 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

We're really not far away.

The Falcons played the Bucs and Chiefs close, and could have won two out of three, maybe even all three, if they didn't just implode against the Bucs and Terrell hangs onto that INT in the endzone. The Falcons held the Chiefs to their second lowest point total this season, and it wasn't just because Mahomes was off.

A couple more pieces (especially on defense) and better coaching and this team is playing January/February football again.

Rational Truth. 

52 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

It would be very hard to pull off. The team has to nail almost every pick and free agent acquisition. What are the odds of this realistically happening? I’m just trying to be rational. Atlanta is closer to being the type of team that is great on offense and meh on defense. I would really, really love to be wrong. 

No they don’t. 

1 minute ago, peoriabird said:

I don't think there is any question that Mahomes is a great quarterback.  I hope you are mot making the argument that he isn't because he is.  The message should be even great quarterbacks can't carry an entire team.

Time will tell if he's great...I just see the new is wearing off...and not just in this game.  

1 minute ago, nomak said:

Time will tell if he's great...I just see the new is wearing off...and not just in this game.  

OMG!  If you can't tell by now, I don't know what to tell you.  The Guy has the best QB rating of all time in playoff games already.  But anyway...Keep thinking that he isn't great because his team got whipped all you want.  You are alone on that island.

14 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

OMG!  If you can't tell by now, I don't know what to tell you.  The Guy has the best QB rating of all time in playoff games already.  But anyway...Keep thinking that he isn't great because his team got whipped all you want.  You are alone on that island.

I'm comfortable with my accesment. He's good now, but time will tell if he is great. Lol. You must be in the Romo group stating Mahomes will be in many SB and win many...lol time will tell. 

28 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

This is it right here.  Joe Montana didn't win without an amazing coaching staff, heady drafts, and a balanced team around him.  Teams win.  

10 minutes ago, nomak said:

The league is catching up with what the Chiefs are doing with Mahomes. They seem to focus their passing game on intermediate and deep routes, let Mahomes improvise to help them work and don't adjust to a short passing game when teams take away the intermediate and deep routes. This will be an interesting offseason for the Chiefs. Will they make adjustments to their offense to put teams back on their heels or just keep doing what they have been doing and let the league continue to catch up?

4 minutes ago, nomak said:

I'm comfortable with my accesment. He's good now, but time will tell if he is great. Lol. You must be in the Romo group stating Mahomes will be in many SB and win many...lol time will tell. 

He has as many superbowl wins as Rodgers.  Are you saying that Aaron Rodgers isn't great?

Edited by peoriabird
3 hours ago, nomak said:

True. Matt is Matt and Matt has all the skills needed as a QB to win a super bowl.  He does own one of the best if not best QB performances in a SB.  What Matt has never had that Brady has is...consistency at HC, consistency on defense, consistency at OC, consistency at oline protection...so yes there is a lot of differences in Matt's circumstance than Tom's.  Heck, Tom picked the team he wanted to go to and he saw where the talent level was headed at TB...and a smart move on his part. All TB needed was a QB and they got the best. 

I can see what you are saying about consistency.  Even when McDaniels left its not like Brady fell off.  Still had Bill and I'm sure the system didn't change.  So Brady goes to TB with completely new coaches and team and he gets them to and wins the Super Bowl.  That tells me its all about TOM BRADY.  He is the "magic elixir".

I don't know the ins and outs of TB and what they did to improve.  They were 7-9 in 2019 and were 16th in defense.  They finished behind the Falcons in overall rushing in 2020.  Their top 3 receivers (180 rec for 2,469) were behind the Falcons top 3 receivers (213 rec for 2,931) in yards AND receptions.  Their top 3 guys caught more TDs (TB 27 {13 for Evans alone} : ATL 16 )because their QB is the GOAT and threw way more TDs.  This tells me that Tom Brady is the difference.  We have our guy who despite being the same physical build and having the same basic profile (smart, heady QB that isn't mobile and has an good but not great arm), he doesn't possess that 4th dimension or that "X" factor that Brady has.  People on this board should stop trying to compare them.  They physically look similar in uniform, but that's really where they comparison should ends.  If Ryan was Tampa's QB for 2020, they don't win the Super Bowl.  Tom Brady's success doesn't mean anything for Matt Ryan.

Ryan isn't Brady or Mahomes. But again, he doesn't need to be. Brady wasn't out there slinging it. He had a run game that kept KC off the field and a defense that harassed Mahomes all night. The takeaway shouldn't be "Pocket passers > Mobile QBs," it should be "Well built teams > Backyard hero ball." Because while it's possible to win both ways, a well built team is way more consistent.

Also, the penalties last night were atrocious. Not saying they're the "reason" the Bucs won but they're definitely a big part of why the game wasn't close. 

If you asked me today if I would still want either Mahomes or Hill or both on my team, my answer would be a resounding yes even though both were basically shut down last night. And I would take Mahomes over Brady today all things being equal. Brady 10 years ago, that’s another discussion. 

1 hour ago, Mr.11 said:

We're really not far away.

The Falcons played the Bucs and Chiefs close, and could have won two out of three, maybe even all three, if they didn't just implode against the Bucs and Terrell hangs onto that INT in the endzone. The Falcons held the Chiefs to their second lowest point total this season, and it wasn't just because Mahomes was off.

A couple more pieces (especially on defense) and better coaching and this team is playing January/February football again.

This is the type of thinking Arthur Blank used when he brought back Dimitroff and Quinn man. They beat the Saints and the 49ers (who made the SB) and ended the year strongly during the 2019 season. In reality, the team was suspect.

Looking at the roster objectively up and down, this is not a team that is a good offseason away from being a complete team. Fixing this offense is going to be easy and this is assuming Ryan doesn’t suck next season. Pees has to work some serious magic because this defensive line and secondary has some serious talent issues outside of Grady and maybe Terrell. 

10 hours ago, Hard Case said:

You still want to draft a, "Running QB ?   Young , running QBs are not the magic answer for the Falcons.  At least not now.  Flame away.

So... you think Patrick Mahomes is a bad QB even though he's won a Super Bowl, been to two, and been MVP, WHILE being the youngest QB to ever do so? One game does not define a QB. Also, he played really well, but the rest of the team failed him. I'm still taking him over Brady.

Just now, ZoneOne01 said:

This is the type of thinking Arthur Blank used when he brought back Dimitroff and Quinn man. They beat the Saints and the 49ers (who made the SB) and ended the year strongly during the 2019 season. In reality, the team was suspect.

Looking at the roster objectively up and down, this is not a team that is a good offseason away from being a complete team. Fixing this offense is going to be easy and this is assuming Ryan doesn’t suck next season. Pees has to work some serious magic because this defensive line and secondary has some serious talent issues outside of Grady and maybe Terrell. 

And Neal

Kazee

Dennard

Fowler

Deion

Foye...

That doesn't sound like lack of talent to me.

And, in response to you not thinking we are one offseason away, where were the Bucs this time last year?