ANYBODY ENJOY WATCHING THAT YOUNG PHENOM QB GETTING EMBARRASED BY BRADY ?

27 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I think this showed without a question that a total team concept wins games.  Coaching, planning, scheming, executing, tackling, clock management, running the ball effectively, players executing assignments etc.  

TB was flawless on defense. 

"Yeah. Lucky SOB. Lol.

Bottom line, Championship is about building complete teams.QB super hero ball ain’t winning games.
Ironically Mahomes had a bad SB last year but his run game bailed him out with crucial plays late in the game. KC defense also had to deal with Mahomes 2 Interceptions last SB." - PEIRIABIRD

This is true. 

Just now, ZoneOne01 said:

Complete football teams give you the best chance to win the whole thing. Let’s just say I’d be shocked if Atlanta became a complete football team in two years. 

I wouldn’t. We have a good nucleus to build around, and sit with a coveted high draft pick QB hungry  teams will be willing to pay heavily for.

Whole Chiefs team was bad. They played like garbage and got dominated from start to finish. Looked like your typical Falcons game.

• WRs could not get open. Did Watkins and Mecole even play? Bucs focused all their energy on Tyreek and Kelce and the other guys simply could not win their 1v1. 
  • Running game was dead nor was their any commitment to it from Andy.
  • Both OTs out and Mahomes was running for his life all game yet still made some absolutely absurd throws that the Chiefs WRs dropped. He had 5+ incompletions that were backyard style football that not many could have made in NFL History and his teammates let him down.
  • Defense could not stop a nosebleed
  • Refs were making game changing calls early (Right calls but still not the calls you like to see happen in the playoffs let alone the SB) that gifted 1st downs and eventual TDs instead of punts/FGs.
  • Andy and the coaching staff was likely not right due to the accident with Andy's son Thursday.

I felt going into this SB it was going to go 1 of 2 ways. Either A) Chiefs win a close exciting game or B] Bucs win in dominating fashion. As soon as you saw the constant pressure on Mahomes out the gate you knew this was going to be nearly impossible for them to win.

6 hours ago, buc_man said:

I did

y’all can’t even imagine winning it all in your own house!

Well yeah no ****, no one other than Bucs fans can, cause it's literally the first time it's ever happened.

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

Nothing went right for KC.  Their offense never really came together.  When it did, it was contained or stopped.  Their punter choked a couple of times.  And Tampa executed in a professional manner.  They did everything right as a team.  Everything.  

It really was their best game of the season. They won in every phase of the game.

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

I wouldn’t. We have a good nucleus to build around, and sit with a coveted high draft pick QB hungry  teams will be willing to pay heavily for.

People seem to overlook this way too much. Arthur Smith wasn't my first choice, but I do believe we upgraded with him on staff. That was most of our troubles the last few years. COACHING! With better coaching and said nucleus in place, we're not far off from being a team that truly competes in the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It would be very hard to pull off. The team has to nail almost every pick and free agent acquisition. What are the odds of this realistically happening? I’m just trying to be rational. Atlanta is closer to being the type of team that is great on offense and meh on defense. I would really, really love to be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

So with that being said. How would Brady, it any other pocket passer would have performed in Mahomes place last night?

No excuses...mahones performed poorly last year in the SB

35 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Complete football teams give you the best chance to win the whole thing. Let’s just say I’d be shocked if Atlanta became a complete football team in two years. 

We're really not far away.

The Falcons played the Bucs and Chiefs close, and could have won two out of three, maybe even all three, if they didn't just implode against the Bucs and Terrell hangs onto that INT in the endzone. The Falcons held the Chiefs to their second lowest point total this season, and it wasn't just because Mahomes was off.

A couple more pieces (especially on defense) and better coaching and this team is playing January/February football again.

56 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Maybe, but if Ryan had performed that poorly last night he would be getting crucified with 30 threads in here. 

And I know I've said it before but don't forget how poorly Homie played in the SB last year...its become a pattern for him. 

So people are comparing Tampa to building a team. You have too many aspects to this debate. 1. Tampa hadn't won a playoff game since 2002 (Their previous Super Bowl). They also probably only had 5 or 6 winning seasons during that drought. They've had some great draft picks.

2. You signed the most successful veteran QB, who was just a year removed from winning his 6th Super Bowl. The previous QB wasn't terrible, but needed to clean up his game a little. You don't throw for 5000 by coincidence. Regardless of the 30 INTs, he still threw for 33 TDs.

3. The team, like us, wasn't as bad to begin with. The difference is that they were not hostages of their Salary Cap 

4. Brady had the LeBron Affect. A lot of guys came in the play with him. 3 of them scores TDs last night.

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Man, you just have the propaganda against QBs that are not statues. That Defense was h3ll. Keep it 💯 for a minute.

I understand truth hurts...facts are facts. Homie has sucked it up in back to back Super Bowls. He's created an awful pattern and will not be the next goat as many are currently proclaiming.