ANYBODY ENJOY WATCHING THAT YOUNG PHENOM QB GETTING EMBARRASED BY BRADY ?

Just now, peoriabird said:

The Bucs did that with Winston and ultimately had to sign an old head who is currently 8 years older than Ryan so it doesn't always work.

The real takeaway of this game should be that elite QBs DO NOT guarantee superbowls, but having an awful QB like Winston definitely guarantees your team will suck. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it’s not a smart take. But the narrative a mobile QB can overcome poor OL can be put to rest. Truth is every QB needs an Ol and a team with good D and run game. 

Yes....it was Brady who harassed Mahomes all game....come on man

Yep. I’ve been saying all year that a new quarterback isn’t going to fix these problems. Like, if you were to swap Ryan with any of the upcoming rookies, Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance, they all w

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The real takeaway of this game should be that elite QBs DO NOT guarantee superbowls, but having an awful QB like Winston definitely guarantees your team will suck. 

It takes a rare talent to throw 30 picks and 30 TDs in a season.

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

So whose winning now?

An over 35 QB who starts under centre with no mobility.

See I call BS on the media having no effect they plant seed and everyone eats that **** up.

Who needs to push envelopes when in all essence you can still win with tried and true.

Every method works. It's a passing league. Passing records and standards are changing.  Oh, look, Tennessee Titans and Arthur Smith are built different than most and went to the playoffs the last two years. Nobody ever said a strong running game with moderate passing can't win. 

Personally, I have eyes, I can see. I can make my own evaluation. Media doesn't tell me anything besides what's happening. You sounds as if you don't like the way the game is trending. It's not the media's fault nor are all these "Analysts" pushing guys to the forefront. Their talent and game is speaking for itself. 

1 minute ago, isproab said:

Every method works. It's a passing league. Passing records and standards are changing.  Oh, look, Tennessee Titans and Arthur Smith are built different than most and went to the playoffs the last two years. Nobody ever said a strong running game with moderate passing can't win. 

Personally, I have eyes, I can see. I can make my own evaluation. Media doesn't tell me anything besides what's happening. You sounds as if you don't like the way the game is trending. It's not the media's fault nor are all these "Analysts" pushing guys to the forefront. Their talent and game is speaking for itself. 

QBs are overall better athletes today. Thing is it really doesn't matter that much because QBing in the NFL is 90% between the eyes and 10% everything else. 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yep. I’ve been saying all year that a new quarterback isn’t going to fix these problems. Like, if you were to swap Ryan with any of the upcoming rookies, Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance, they all would have been killed in this offense under Koetter. This was a very bad football team

So trade ryan and get a bunch of picks

1 hour ago, isproab said:

No, Matt Ryan for the money and to stay QB in this town at an advanced age needs to be the different maker. He has to give us an advantage. He is no longer doing that.

If Matt does not play better next year with better offensive coaching, a running game and a better defense then I will agree with you. However, I do not think that will be the case. I expect surprisingly significant improvement in Ryan. If that doesn’t happen then I will agree that he is no longer part of the solution. 

16 minutes ago, isproab said:

It’s overall influence on the footballing public I don’t like.

For the most part alot eat this stuff up.

The game can trend anyway it likes but when it comes down to it being able to run the football and defense is tried and true this carries the day no matter what people try and say about trends.

Passing league yet Tampa’s run game and defense wrecked Mahomes and the Chiefs wrecked them.Trends matter for naught there are tried and true ways to win this won’t change no matter what your eyes or the media will try and say.

8 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

You saw what the Giants did twice against Brady in the Super Bowl? He looked very mediocre like Mahomes did tonight. It's the defense and O-line protection not running QB vs pocket passer.

Yep. Good teams win. We have the QB. Time to build the team right. It’s been years.

3 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

another SB MVP

No way that Brady should have won MVP. The defense was the story of this game. They held one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL to 3 field goals. This is yet another example of people putting way too much stock into QB play.

3 hours ago, red falcon said:

You have to factor in the two tackles being out not to mention the elite defense the bucs have. There is more to it.

This is the Atlanta Falcons message board, there is no excuses for bad QB play.  Good QBs adapt and overcome. 

1 hour ago, robertap said:

No way that Brady should have won MVP. The defense was the story of this game. They held one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL to 3 field goals. This is yet another example of people putting way too much stock into QB play.

Like they say, the QB gets way too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing. So true. Even if the QB was a one man show, there’s still the defense and special teams that he has no effect on. So even in that unlikely scenario, he only affects about 40% of the game. Truth is No QB can overcome a bad O-Line. 

I think if you swapped the QB's around, Mahomes would have won with the Bucs defense and supporting cast. I liked watching Brady and the Bucs win in that...

1. It absolutely cements Brady as the GOAT (no question marks left now).

2. It dispells this myth that Mahomes and the Chiefs are invincible, and

3. This is a team game. Wins and championships do not belong just to a QB and likewise this loss isn't on Mahomes. Good QB play is a big part of winning but good defense and playing smart, fundamental football is still key.

6 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I disagree. Without Tom Brady, no way Tampa Bay is even in the super bowl... Not even close

youre right but 2 things can be true they wouldnt have gotten far with any other QB but its also true the Bucs defense was literally shutting down teams lets not act like they didnt have of the best defensive post season play of all time

6 hours ago, isproab said:

I don't think anyone believes mobile QB = Super Bowl win.  I think people feel mobile QB = extra dimension which is problematic for defenses. You still have to play the game and have all the other prerequisite QB skills. 

And no 1 man ever won a Super Bowl by himself. He can put you over the top... See Tom Brady.  Matt Ryan is no Tom Brady. 

True. Matt is Matt and Matt has all the skills needed as a QB to win a super bowl.  He does own one of the best if not best QB performances in a SB.  What Matt has never had that Brady has is...consistency at HC, consistency on defense, consistency at OC, consistency at oline protection...so yes there is a lot of differences in Matt's circumstance than Tom's.  Heck, Tom picked the team he wanted to go to and he saw where the talent level was headed at TB...and a smart move on his part. All TB needed was a QB and they got the best.