ANYBODY ENJOY WATCHING THAT YOUNG PHENOM QB GETTING EMBARRASED BY BRADY ?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it’s not a smart take. But the narrative a mobile QB can overcome poor OL can be put to rest. Truth is every QB needs an Ol and a team with good D and run game. 

Yes....it was Brady who harassed Mahomes all game....come on man

Yep. I’ve been saying all year that a new quarterback isn’t going to fix these problems. Like, if you were to swap Ryan with any of the upcoming rookies, Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance, they all w

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Mahomes didn't get played or embarrassed by Brady.  Mahomes was successfully schemed against, his offense technically negated, and basically overwhelmed by a top notch defense that PP played flawlessly.  Brady was Brady, but that defense was off the chain.  

Mahomes never gave up. Credit to the young man for being a warrior.  But a QB alone cannot win a game.  It's a team effort.  And the Bucs were amazing.  

💯

14 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I tuned in to ESPN at the gym. Excuses for PM were hilarious. I didn’t hear the same when Mayfield had third string OL guys playing against the chiefs and almost beat them. Truth is many QB including Ryan have played behind crappy or injured OL. Mack played with Broken foot in 2016 SB. Other two guys were dinged too. 

People forget that Matt played the SB with an offensive line that lost 2 guys during the game and Alex mack with a whole broken leg and our best RB out of the game. Didn't see any excuses for Ryan then

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah the Chiefs won SB despite the mobile QB  who stunk up the Game with 78 rating and two interceptions. His team also recovered his two fumbles. Did you forget the crazy Williams run after short pass or Williams running all over niners for more than 100 yards and scoring an additional rushing TD. If Ryan had a rating of 78, his team would have been blown out, heck the Falcons lost a SB with near perfect rating from Ryan. 

Stunk up the game? Are you being a Ryan apologist on Chiefs SB win? I bet Mahommes knows down at the 22 with the game all but sealed HE CAN'T TAKE A SACK. 

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

People forget that Matt played the SB with an offensive line that lost 2 guys during the game and Alex mack with a whole broken leg and our best RB out of the game. Didn't see any excuses for Ryan then

People don't care. Down at the 22 don't take a sack.

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Ryan has no juice. Ryan has no street cred. Ryan has no standing whatsoever to garner any excuses or sympathy... Especially after epic 28-3 embarrassment laid at his feet. 

51 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Stunk up the game? Are you being a Ryan apologist on Chiefs SB win? I bet Mahommes knows down at the 22 with the game all but sealed HE CAN'T TAKE A SACK. 

No dude. Either  You didn’t watch the 2019 SB or just being ignorant. Falcons would have lost by 3 TD if Ryan played like that in 2019 SB. You can go watch the game again on game rewind. Mahomes was terrible.

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

Sounds like you are making similar excuses for Mahomes.

It sounds like you and others aren’t giving Mahomes credit for a being a great young mobile QB. All of a sudden the great QBPatrick Mahomes is the reason KC lost the SB. What freaking nonsense lol. He is what he is and that’s the BEST QB in the NFL right now. Take 2-3 starting OL from TB12 and turf toe and it’d been a different game. Brady is the GOAT but it appears to me many here have a hard time agreeing that young mobile QBs are the future. It’s been trending that way and will continue to in the future. In no way am I saying a piano back statue QB like MR or TB can’t win a SB. The problem and debate among many is you can win with both but don’t hate on the ones that prefer to have a mobile QB. The statue type QB is not going away and there will always been some round but it’s purely ignorant to not see the majority of all rec league middle school high school college QBs are dual threat. The NFL is evolving the same way. Agree or disagree it’s been trending that way and will continue until the majority of all NFL QBs will be mobile in the not so distant future.

15 hours ago, caradoc said:

Mahomes is one of the best pocket passers in the league. He just has an added dimension.  It's not like he's Kordell Stewart or Lamar Jackson.  The idea he's a "running QB" as opposed to a "passing QB" is just idiotic.

The MR2 lovers get real defensive when someone even thinks about a mobile QB. Yes Mahomes is a great pocket passer and even better as a mobile throwing QB. He just had his worst game as a pro with 3 OL starters out (was running for his life the whole game) and scheduled to have toe surgery and now all of a sudden he’s the reason KC lost the SB. Just give credit to TB12 and TB and get off the mobile QB means nothing simply because MR has a piano on his back. It’s 2021 and not 1975 when most QBs played because they were the smartest and could get their team lined up to score 2-3 TDs running the ball to win the gm 13-6. This day time and time it’s all about scoring  points. Those old guys are fading out and you’d have to be blind not to see it.

There is so much extremism in this thread on both sides of the argument 

So few are willing to look at everything objectively. Either Mahomes deserves no criticism or Ryan doesn't 

Both deserve criticism for poor play but both should also have the other factors taken into account 

Just be fair about it 

18 minutes ago, hjerry said:

There is so much extremism in this thread on both sides of the argument 

So few are willing to look at everything objectively. Either Mahomes deserves no criticism or Ryan doesn't 

Both deserve criticism for poor play but both should also have the other factors taken into account 

Just be fair about it 

The Truth is bitter at times. I don’t see any one defending Matt Ryan’s poor performance this year over the rough stretch. Grass is always greener on other side. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

It sounds like you and others aren’t giving Mahomes credit for a being a great young mobile QB. All of a sudden the great QBPatrick Mahomes is the reason KC lost the SB. What freaking nonsense lol. He is what he is and that’s the BEST QB in the NFL right now. Take 2-3 starting OL from TB12 and turf toe and it’d been a different game. Brady is the GOAT but it appears to me many here have a hard time agreeing that young mobile QBs are the future. It’s been trending that way and will continue to in the future. In no way am I saying a piano back statue QB like MR or TB can’t win a SB. The problem and debate among many is you can win with both but don’t hate on the ones that prefer to have a mobile QB. The statue type QB is not going away and there will always been some round but it’s purely ignorant to not see the majority of all rec league middle school high school college QBs are dual threat. The NFL is evolving the same way. Agree or disagree it’s been trending that way and will continue until the majority of all NFL QBs will be mobile in the not so distant future.

How you figure that, exactly? 🤓

FYI...I think Mahomes is a super-talented young QB who had a bad game. Maybe not the but definitely a big reason they got their a$$es whooped. To suggest otherwise is being silly.

This will be a good, humbling learning experience for him. 

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

The MR2 lovers get real defensive when someone even thinks about a mobile QB. Yes Mahomes is a great pocket passer and even better as a mobile throwing QB. He just had his worst game as a pro with 3 OL starters out (was running for his life the whole game) and scheduled to have toe surgery and now all of a sudden he’s the reason KC lost the SB. Just give credit to TB12 and TB and get off the mobile QB means nothing simply because MR has a piano on his back. It’s 2021 and not 1975 when most QBs played because they were the smartest and could get their team lined up to score 2-3 TDs running the ball to win the gm 13-6. This day time and time it’s all about scoring  points. Those old guys are fading out and you’d have to be blind not to see it.

13-6 ???????  are you talking about the 1950s, sheesh guy why don't you just make up a story ?  MR's Falcons were averaging 30 per game.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

How you figure that, exactly?

FYI...I think Mahomes is awesome QB who had a bad game. Maybe not the but a big reason they got their a$$es whooped. 

Running for his life the whole game with three starting OL out and him with a turf toe plus the HC son accident all in the same week should not be an excuse? He’s the best QB in the NFL and that didn’t change losing the SB Sunday. But yes part of it was on Mahomes. It’s just the mobile QB haters have a problem with accepting the fact that’s where this dog and pony show is headed.  MR will get his chance the next two years with AS but I’ll bet you a thousand dollars to a donut when he don’t win a SB or make the playoffs it will be the OCs fault not his according to many here. Let me reiterate the fact that I’ve been a long time die hard MR fan but don’t hate on me or other’s simply because we’d prefer a mobile QB for the future. Suck it up MR fans he can’t play forever and hail no he’s not been all of the problem but he has sucked at times flopping around and getting knocked down and sacked by his center plus making bad decisions that cost us games. We can go on and on about why or why not but MR must have a top tier RB and a lot of perfect things to be successful.  I sure hope Fontenot and Smith can give the parts he needs before they roll him off in a wheel chair. 

9 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Running for his life the whole game with three starting OL out and him with a turf toe plus the HC son accident all in the same week should not be an excuse? He’s the best QB in the NFL and that didn’t change losing the SB Sunday. But yes part of it was on Mahomes. It’s just the mobile QB haters have a problem with accepting the fact that’s where this dog and pony show is headed.  MR will get his chance the next two years with AS but I’ll bet you a thousand dollars to a donut when he don’t win a SB or make the playoffs it will be the OCs fault not his according to many here. Let me reiterate the fact that I’ve been a long time die hard MR fan but don’t hate on me or other’s simply because we’d prefer a mobile QB for the future. Suck it up MR fans he can’t play forever and hail no he’s not been all of the problem but he has sucked at times flopping around and getting knocked down and sacked by his center plus making bad decisions that cost us games. We can go on and on about why or why not but MR must have a top tier RB and a lot of perfect things to be successful.  I sure hope Fontenot and Smith can give the parts he needs before they roll him off in a wheel chair. 

The best don’t make excuses, they learn from their bad performances. We’ve all have them. Jordan had them, as has Brady, Lebron et al. It’s what you learn and the course corrections you make from them are what counts.

He had a bad game, period. I guarantee you, he’s not making the excuses you are for that.

53 minutes ago, BadMoonRising said:

How many screens to the Running back up the gut did KC call, to combat the pressure? Instead they relied on Mahomes running around like a chicken with his cut off and throwing the ball up.

I did wonder in that game if we may had crowned Reid too quickly as the "master playcaller"

That isn't to say "he sucks" or anything, but he just may not be the offensive genius the internet made him out to be