Jump to content

ANYBODY ENJOY WATCHING THAT YOUNG PHENOM QB GETTING EMBARRASED BY BRADY ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it’s not a smart take. But the narrative a mobile QB can overcome poor OL can be put to rest. Truth is every QB needs an Ol and a team with good D and run game. 

Yes....it was Brady who harassed Mahomes all game....come on man

Yep. I’ve been saying all year that a new quarterback isn’t going to fix these problems. Like, if you were to swap Ryan with any of the upcoming rookies, Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, or Lance, they all w

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

To be fair to Mahomes, his mobility was sapped by turf toe and they were playing backups at both OT spots

If you're looking for a game to prove the inferiority of mobile QBs, this ain't it 

It was however a great game to highlight the importance of a good OL and OL depth and how well a QB can do with a good running game and a great defense 

this is exactly the game to prove it. His mobility gone and he couldn't even score a td. I'll take the cumbersome QB that scores. turf toe is a lame excuse. If he was that bad he cost the team the game and his backup should have been in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Day1 said:

this is exactly the game to prove it. His mobility gone and he couldn't even score a td. I'll take the cumbersome QB that scores. turf toe is a lame excuse. If he was that bad he cost the team the game and his backup should have been in.

Nope, he had no OL in that game. In order to be a successful pocket passer, you first need a pocket 

If we're going to malign our OL, and say that Ryan should get excused because of poor OL play, than Mahomes should get just as much 

Had Mahomes had a strong OL, and a solid pocket all night, and still struggled, only then could you make that point

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Nope, he had no OL in that game. In order to be a successful pocket passer, you first need a pocket 

If we're going to malign our OL, and say that Ryan should get excused because of poor OL play, than Mahomes should get just as much 

Had Mahomes had a strong OL, and a solid pocket all night, and still struggled, only then could you make that point

so this is a different team than the one he won a sb with.  my mistake. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hard Case said:

You still want to draft a, "Running QB ?   Young , running QBs are not the magic answer for the Falcons.  At least not now.  Flame away.

The answer for many is, Yes!  The fact is, even in defeat and with total whiffs by his OL on every snap, he was incredibly fun to watch. The logic goes like this: We are not going to win it with the current QB. Therefore, at least entertain us with exciting individual effort that always gives us a sluggers chance at hitting the big one. If we're going to lose, run out Mike Vick not Matt Ryan. 

While that isn't my argument, I absolutely understand it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tuned in to ESPN at the gym. Excuses for PM were hilarious. I didn’t hear the same when Mayfield had third string OL guys playing against the chiefs and almost beat them. Truth is many QB including Ryan have played behind crappy or injured OL. Mack played with Broken foot in 2016 SB. Other two guys were dinged too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Day1 said:

this is exactly the game to prove it. His mobility gone and he couldn't even score a td. I'll take the cumbersome QB that scores. turf toe is a lame excuse. If he was that bad he cost the team the game and his backup should have been in.

Right! Turf toe has never been an issue for an athlete. Apparently, you have never had a jacked up big toe before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is funny......the MR2 lovers are hating on Mahomes because he’s a mobile QB with a bad toe and without 2-3 OL starters. He lost the game because he’s a mobile QB. News flash from a long time MR fan.MR is not Brady the GOAT nor Mahomes the next goat. MR has to have everything perfect including the perfect fit OC to win games or it’s never his fault. Yeah he’s had humpteen OCs and his performance good or bad is all on the OC according to the mobile QB haters here. Go figure.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, peoriabird said:

Well, I will make this bold prediction right now.  Lamar Jackson will never make it to the superbowl!

I will not take that bet...lol.

I will bet you that Matt Ryan never will with the Falcons(again) either. I honestly think Jackson's chances are higher than Ryan's with Atlanta. We can have a MOD hold the money on PayPal.

Edited by PointSwayzee
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nomak said:

Time will tell if he's great...I just see the new is wearing off...and not just in this game.  

Mahomes has gotten away with some really freaky, desperate throws in his time in the NFL.  When they are successful, they add to his legend, but most times they are disasters, and we tend to forget them.  He needs a good QB coach to work on his footwork for when he does pass, ala Wilson of Seattle. That would not take away from his amazing running ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falcndave said:

The answer for many is, Yes!  The fact is, even in defeat and with total whiffs by his OL on every snap, he was incredibly fun to watch. The logic goes like this: We are not going to win it with the current QB. Therefore, at least entertain us with exciting individual effort that always gives us a sluggers chance at hitting the big one. If we're going to lose, run out Mike Vick not Matt Ryan. 

While that isn't my argument, I absolutely understand it. 

That's like spending your house payment on a lottery ticket. Not smart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nomak said:

Maholmes just proved the facts of the matter...pocket passers will always be the best choice. 

Mahomes is one of the best pocket passers in the league. He just has an added dimension.  It's not like he's Kordell Stewart or Lamar Jackson.  The idea he's a "running QB" as opposed to a "passing QB" is just idiotic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

This is funny......the MR2 lovers are hating on Mahomes because he’s a mobile QB with a bad toe and without 2-3 OL starters. He lost the game because he’s a mobile QB. News flash from a long time MR fan.MR is not Brady the GOAT nor Mahomes the next goat. MR has to have everything perfect including the perfect fit OC to win games or it’s never his fault. Yeah he’s had humpteen OCs and his performance good or bad is all on the OC according to the mobile QB haters here. Go figure.....

Sounds like you are making similar excuses for Mahomes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I disagree. Without Tom Brady, no way Tampa Bay is even in the super bowl... Not even close

I agree with this. Tom can’t do it alone, but what Tom does is elevate his team mates to play harder. They believe they can win. That mindset is a powerful thing. I was far from the strongest guy on the team when I played. But I willed myself to play much better than I really was. Tom helps that mindset. He’s a very good leader on that team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

This MR fan doesn't blame Mahomes one bit. Dude was running for his life the whole game on turf toe. Receivers didn't help with a few drops, either. 

 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Sounds like you are making similar excuses for Mahomes.

I don’t blame Mahomes but hypocrisy on this board when it comes to Ryan is crazy. Imagine if Ryan played like Mahomes in SB 2019 with two interceptions and 78 rating. His team won because of Running game and defense. Ryan gets blamed for SB though he had almost perfect rating and his coaches and team blew it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

 

I don’t blame Mahomes but hypocrisy on this board when it comes to Ryan is crazy. Imagine Ryan if played like Mahomes in SB 2019 with two interceptions and 78 rating. His team won because of Running game and defense. Ryan gets blamed for SB though he had almost perfect rating and his coaches and team blew it.

Yeah MR pretty much gets blamed for everything 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2021 at 10:42 PM, falcons007 said:

Yeah it’s not a smart take. But the narrative a mobile QB can overcome poor OL can be put to rest. Truth is every QB needs an Ol and a team with good D and run game. 

It’s one game, correct me if I’m wrong but that same mobile QB won last year against the #1 dline 9ers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jetpac said:

It’s one game, correct me if I’m wrong but that same mobile QB won last year against the #1 dline 9ers 

Yeah the Chiefs won SB despite the mobile QB  who stunk up the Game with 78 rating and two interceptions. His team also recovered his two fumbles. Did you forget the crazy Williams run after short pass or Williams running all over niners for more than 100 yards and scoring an additional rushing TD. If Ryan had a rating of 78, his team would have been blown out, heck the Falcons lost a SB with near perfect rating from Ryan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...