All we had to do was kick the **** ball🤬

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He should have let Matt Bryant kick the ball. DQ would have missed the FG. 

LoL even when I’m having a good time I’m like “he could have just kicked it” lol     

3 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

We gotta let it go its not worth bringing it up

I still hurt man.....some folks can just move on (along w the organization) it meant too much to this town/fanbase have been so carelessly thrown away by the guys we’d paid handsomely to deliver.   For some it’s a real bitter pill.  

I swear half this message board has been locked in a broom closet the last 5 years because they had a nervous breakdown and can't be trusted in public because when they are let out they immediately run here and post something about that SB 5 years ago. Seriously people, please move on. It's not that serious. Yes, there's still life out there.

20 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I still hurt man.....some folks can just move on (along w the organization) it meant too much to this town/fanbase have been so carelessly thrown away by the guys we’d paid handsomely to deliver.   For some it’s a real bitter pill.  

I know Its just going to make you mad or depressed its not worth ruining your mood 

11 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

I know Its just going to make you mad or depressed its not worth ruining your mood 

Getting this invested into something that has absolutely nothing to do with them on a personal level isn't good. It's not healthy. Sports is entertainment. That's all it should ever be. It should never invade a person's personal life this way. I'm speaking from experience. I used to be that way and it was because I was in a deep dark place. I was not healthy and sports absolutely crushed me because it was the only reason I was living. I tried to commit suicide a few times. It was awful. It was a miserable life. I had to fix my life to finally put sports where it belongs. Its entertainment. Thats it. Yeah I still rant and rave during games but once its over that's it. Its done. I don't sit and sulk over it. I don't get depressed about it. There's no need because my happiness and reason for living isn't tied up in it anymore. My happiness and reason for living is my wife and 5 month old son.

11 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Insightful 

12 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

THANKS DQ!!!!!!     Arrhggggghhhhhh!!!!! 

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

This horse really needed to be beaten more.

11 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He should have let Matt Bryant kick the ball. DQ would have missed the FG. 

50 years from now, the Patriots comeback  in that Super Bowl will -still- be seen as the biggest choke job by an opponent in the history of sports.

I think that's one reason the Falcons changed uniforms?   New unis distinguishes future Falcons' teams from that one....

Is it over?     Yes. 
Can you do anything about it?    No. 

Was there anything you could about it at the time?     Screaming at the TV doesn’t count, so no.  

Look, after that game I didn’t sleep well for two weeks.  Now I watch with no expectations, other than expecting them to screw up at the worst possible moment, which they have done with alarming regularity since 1966.  

It sucks, but this team’s identity is set in stone.   And I don’t care what the players, coaches or FO says, the big-moment jinx is real and will take a ton of talent, luck and fortitude to shake off.  

If you expect nothing or very little, then it is more enjoyable when they finally fall a**-backwards into success.  It’s a somewhat defeatist approach, but it beats having high expectations that are doomed from the start.  

11 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

E5zGvau.jpg

You can see when Gizelle came into the picture and started having him do the Stem Cell treatments and drinking the blood of unborn babies... ala Qanon.

Starting in picture #9 there's this psychopathic glare in his eyes.

Don't believe me?  Just cover the lower part of the face so just the eyes are looking at you....

And did anyone else notice that Brady has been clearly replaced... several times?  Holy ****! Maybe there's something to this Qanon thing....

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I swear half this message board has been locked in a broom closet the last 5 years because they had a nervous breakdown and can't be trusted in public because when they are let out they immediately run here and post something about that SB 5 years ago. Seriously people, please move on. It's not that serious. Yes, there's still life out there.

This is no reflection of a “lack of life” but rather the reality of what happened in LI combined with 55years of predominant futility.  This franchise writes its own narratives.  To your point they’ve had 5 years to “change the narrative”.  They did absolutely zero to rectify the situation.  I know there are some who perceive it as “negativity” but it’s also Facts that this franchise, the coaches and players involved cannot and should not be allowed to forget.  A better product must be demanded by this customer base period!  Now we have new leadership (a great start) but it’s 2-3 years too late and we’re on backside of some historical talents careers.  At end of day this fanbase has stepped up, paid handsomely and endured mainly loss and humiliation.  Yeah.....any business would be called out by it’s customers when it’s competitors are clearly and regularly out performing.  Again, sorry it negative and a offensive to some but it’s undeniable facts for all. 

3 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This is no reflection of a “lack of life” but rather the reality of what happened in LI combined with 55years of predominant futility.  This franchise writes its own narratives.  To your point they’ve had 5 years to “change the narrative”.  They did absolutely zero to rectify the situation.  I know there are some who perceive it as “negativity” but it’s also Facts that this franchise, the coaches and players involved cannot and should not be allowed to forget.  A better product must be demanded by this customer base period!  Now we have new leadership (a great start) but it’s 2-3 years too late and we’re on backside of some historical talents careers.  At end of day this fanbase has stepped up, paid handsomely and endured mainly loss and humiliation.  Yeah.....any business would be called out by it’s customers when it’s competitors are clearly and regularly out performing.  Again, sorry it negative and a offensive to some but it’s undeniable facts for all. 

Nothing we say or do here or anywhere has any outcome on what the Falcons do. Never has and never will.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Getting this invested into something that has absolutely nothing to do with them on a personal level isn't good. It's not healthy. Sports is entertainment. That's all it should ever be. It should never invade a person's personal life this way. I'm speaking from experience. I used to be that way and it was because I was in a deep dark place. I was not healthy and sports absolutely crushed me because it was the only reason I was living. I tried to commit suicide a few times. It was awful. It was a miserable life. I had to fix my life to finally put sports where it belongs. Its entertainment. Thats it. Yeah I still rant and rave during games but once its over that's it. Its done. I don't sit and sulk over it. I don't get depressed about it. There's no need because my happiness and reason for living isn't tied up in it anymore. My happiness and reason for living is my wife and 5 month old son.

As it should be and certainly glad you got the help you needed.  

14 hours ago, Romfal said:

reality is this horse won't fully die until we win one

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What @Romfal said. 

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You can see when Gizelle came into the picture and started having him do the Stem Cell treatments and drinking the blood of unborn babies... ala Qanon.

Starting in picture #9 there's this psychopathic glare in his eyes.

Don't believe me?  Just cover the lower part of the face so just the eyes are looking at you....

And did anyone else notice that Brady has been clearly replaced... several times?  Holy ****! Maybe there's something to this Qanon thing....

I have long surmised that he is actually an Android.   I still see no proof that I am wrong.

3 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Is it over?     Yes. 
Can you do anything about it?    No. 

Was there anything you could about it at the time?     Screaming at the TV doesn’t count, so no.  

Look, after that game I didn’t sleep well for two weeks.  Now I watch with no expectations, other than expecting them to screw up at the worst possible moment, which they have done with alarming regularity since 1966.  

It sucks, but this team’s identity is set in stone.   And I don’t care what the players, coaches or FO says, the big-moment jinx is real and will take a ton of talent, luck and fortitude to shake off.  

If you expect nothing or very little, then it is more enjoyable when they finally fall a**-backwards into success.  It’s a somewhat defeatist approach, but it beats having high expectations that are doomed from the start.  

I think your post echoes the sentiments a lot of us have....its tempting to say, "the heck with this", and give up on this team.   Here's my thoughts....

Being an old timer, I'm sure you remember how the New England Patriots -used- to be.   Immensely talented....but snakebit.    Thier demolition by the Bears in the Super Bowl marked that franchise for a long time.   Then along came Green Bay, with Favre and Rison torching NE early on the way to -another- Super Bowl loss by New England.

Those two Super Bowl losses were about two decades apart, same as the Falcons.    Belichick came along a few years later, Bledsole got hurt, giving Brady a chance.... and Super Bowl history was made for the next 20 years.

The Falcons lost thier 2nd Super Bowl....its a few years later....here comes an impressive young coach to lead the team.    Offensive minded, like many here wanted, but with -some- coaching experience on defense.   72 year old Dean Pees thinks enough of Arthur Smith that he chose to come here.

Both Dan Reeves and Dan Quinn took thier Falcons teams to the Super Bowl in thier 2nd seasons on the job.  I think Belichick did too......

I think....there is reason to have hope, for this team.   As fans, all we need is one Super Bowl win.  I intend to give this team one more chance.   Doing that paid off with the Braves....  I think anything is possible.

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Getting this invested into something that has absolutely nothing to do with them on a personal level isn't good. It's not healthy. Sports is entertainment. That's all it should ever be.

Agreed.

I also think people need to remember that there are 32 teams in the NFL who are trying just as hard to win as we are. However well they play, only one team each season can win the SB. The other 31 will all fail in their biggest game of the season.

Fans who expect or demand to win SB’s in a league which is designed to create parity, where success depends on factors outside your control (like injuries) and where you’ve just a 1 in 32 chance of winning, are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, ukfalc said:

Agreed.

I also think people need to remember that there are 32 teams in the NFL who are trying just as hard to win as we are. However well they play, only one team each season can win the SB. The other 31 will all fail in their biggest game of the season.

Fans who expect or demand to win SB’s in a league which is designed to create parity, where success depends on factors outside your control (like injuries) and where you’ve just a 1 in 32 chance of winning, are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Exactly. Yes, the way 2016 ended sucks. It will always suck. But that doesn't in any way diminish my enjoyment of that season. That was an extremely fun season and I can go back and watch some of those old games and enjoy them just as much today as I did watching them live.

5 hours ago, ukfalc said:

Agreed.

Which is why I think the 6th round draft pick Tom Brady sold his soul to the devil :D