Its Superbowl Sunday Yay! Game thread.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mahomes is one of the most talented QBs ever...and he just got his you know what handed to him.  His line failed him and Tampa’s defense played lights out.  Can we please knock it off with the QB wins

It kinda is.    Brady throws a pick that get negates by a phantom holding call.  TD shortly after. Defender trips while tracking a deep pass.  PI is called.  TD shortly after. Gronk f

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Brady signed for $25 mil a year on average and apparently making $28 mil this year. That's definitely not vet minimum. 

7 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Brady also has incentives in his contract.

I think he's hit every one of them now and is pocketing more than 30+ mil this season.

Brady and Gisselle are worth over $600 million. Not saying that is the case here but there were a few posts last week pointing to how Ryan or any other player should take deals like Brady. My response to that is show me another QB who combined with his spouse is worth even close to $600 million lol

20 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It’s fine to hold players accountable, but the point I’m making is that he doesn’t hold himself accountable. That’s where I think people have the biggest problem with him. You can call Brady out for missing a throw, but you’ve gotta take blame for continually calling deep shots on 3rd and 1 and only running the ball 3 times before a QB kneel in the saints game, which he didn’t do. Basically what I’m saying he doesn’t hold himself accountable. 

I disagree, but it is not important. Few beat themselves up, or expect more of themselves, than Arians. Personally, I don't think he deserves anything but credit for the decisions cited above. You judge decisions by their quality, not the outcome. That formula worked so well he stuck with it right through the Super Bowl. 

16 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

It kinda is. 

Brady throws a pick that get negates by a phantom holding call.  TD shortly after.

Defender trips while tracking a deep pass.  PI is called.  TD shortly after.

Gronk false start not called.  Big play to Gronk.  TD shortly after. 

Fair enough. But think about this. The Chiefs got their own reprieves from penalties, like roughing the passer, etc, but they never took advantage of it. The Patriots did. 

And a lot of penalties is par for the course for the Chiefs. See the article below. A lot of the reaction to the penalties were because of the Brady hate IMO. 

2021 Super Bowl: Penalties have always hurt the Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes just hid it

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-super-bowl-penalties-have-always-hurt-the-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-just-hid-it/

26 minutes ago, fuego said:

Fair enough. But think about this. The Chiefs got their own reprieves from penalties, like roughing the passer, etc, but they never took advantage of it. The Patriots did. 

And a lot of penalties is par for the course for the Chiefs. See the article below. A lot of the reaction to the penalties were because of the Brady hate IMO. 

2021 Super Bowl: Penalties have always hurt the Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes just hid it

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-super-bowl-penalties-have-always-hurt-the-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-just-hid-it/

You can’t just look at penalties and not put them into context of the actual game.  The penalties against the Chiefs in the first half were borderline inexcusable, and came while the game was still in the balance.

The incidental contact on the Evans deep pass is not pass interference.  The defender tripped on Evans’ heel while tracking the pass.  On top of that Evans was barely touched if not touched at all.  On top of that the ball was uncatchable.  ON TOP OF THAT it changed the game from being an 8 point game to a 15 point game right before the half.

Tyrann Mathieu intercepts a pass that gets called back because of an extremely ticky tack defensive holding call.  That changes the tide of a game.

Any chances the Chiefs had of getting momentum were erased time and time again by awfully called penalties.

2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

You can’t just look at penalties and not put them into context of the actual game.  The penalties against the Chiefs in the first half were borderline inexcusable, and came while the game was still in the balance.

The incidental contact on the Evans deep pass is not pass interference.  The defender tripped on Evans’ heel while tracking the pass.  On top of that Evans was barely touched if not touched at all.  On top of that the ball was uncatchable.  ON TOP OF THAT it changed the game from being an 8 point game to a 15 point game right before the half.

Tyrann Mathieu intercepts a pass that gets called back because of an extremely ticky tack defensive holding call.  That changes the tide of a game.

Any chances the Chiefs had of getting momentum were erased time and time again by awfully called penalties.

If they don't get those penalties, do you think the Chiefs win? I don't. It may not have been as bad, but they still lose IMO. TB was just too dominant. You have to remember, in spite of those penalties, the O didn't score a TD. All TB would have had to do is score 10 points to win. And they would have done that even if those penalties hadn't been called IMO. 

15 minutes ago, fuego said:

If they don't get those penalties, do you think the Chiefs win? I don't. It may not have been as bad, but they still lose IMO. TB was just too dominant. You have to remember, in spite of those penalties, the O didn't score a TD. All TB would have had to do is score 10 points to win. And they would have done that even if those penalties hadn't been called IMO. 

That’s always been an awful argument to me.  If if was a fifth we’d all be drunk.  Fact of the matter is that those penalties should not have been called in those situations during the biggest sporting event of the year.  The media will try to swing it and praise Brady and the Bucs for winning and dominating the Chiefs, but that’s their job.  They aren’t going to blast the refs and ultimately the NFL.

All things considered, however, those were bad calls regardless of if the Chiefs would’ve won or lost.  The refs played more of a role in a championship game than they should have.  None of those fouls were egregious enough to call.  It made the game not very enjoyable to watch.

22 minutes ago, fuego said:

Maybe the Bucs still win but the officials actions directly lead to 14 points.

There is a big big difference between being down 17-9 in the 4th vs 31-9.

Lawd have mercy, enough about the ref nonsense.  No reason to be butt hurt over the SB.

If ever there was a ref move to gripe about that actually influenced an important game, the no PI call against the Aints might be a good place to start.  

Bucs kicked the snot out of the Chiefs from the getgo.  Nothing to see here.  The Bucs had KC all messed up & doing all kinds of things they don't normally do.