Its Superbowl Sunday Yay! Game thread.

11 minutes ago, jay1k2 said:

And a monster offensive line. Sounds like a complete team to me

A good coach can make a bad o-line turn into a good one. Bucs o-line wasn't anything special last year. Browns o-line was terrible and became one of the higher graded ones after Stefanaski if I'm not mistaken. Just gotta hope Smith can do the same, and the evidence shows that he should be able to. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Dumbest take. They loaded up on both offense had defense. Built a great team, they needed a QB who didn’t throw interceptions. Oh wait the QB threw three interceptions in second half of SB. 

So all of those extra additions on offense wasn't because of brady basically at vet min. And they really just drafted Winfield on d which was a up in the air addition that happened to be solid. ALL OF THIS WAS BECAUSE OF TB!

2 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

I mean I do helps to add gronk brown and fournette but all of those guys came because of the qb change and at a very low number. And they drafted pretty well too esp the 1st two picks.

They also had a good defense already. It became great when they invested even more in it; such as adding Winfield, oh and merely not having the QB turn it over 2 times a game. That team was a WC team last year with a better QB. Fact.

22 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

TBF Brady was lights out in the first half would have thrown for 300 yards 6 tds and a perfect rating had he kept up the pace. If the game had been close no telling what his numbers would have been. 

Taking first half numbers and multiplying them by two is a good way to figure out how someone will perform in the second half.  You should do that with the Falcon’s score in the first half of Super Bowl 51 and see how logic that holds up.  Let me know your findings.

Just now, Sipifalcon said:

So all of those extra additions on offense wasn't because of brady basically at vet min. And they really just drafted Winfield on d which was a up in the air addition that happened to be solid. ALL OF THIS WAS BECAUSE OF TB!

Brady signed for $25 mil a year on average and apparently making $28 mil this year. That's definitely not vet minimum. 

1 minute ago, Sipifalcon said:

? Brady's cap hit was nearly $28M.

Dude...lol

3 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Vet minimum? Stop making ish up. He had 10 M more cap hit than Ryan in 2020. TB is loaded at every position.

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The defense is not far from being pretty **** good.

Another edge rusher and a better FS and it can be pretty special with the speed that we have.

Another edge rusher?

The Falcons have a good edge rusher on the roster already?

If u read the post again it says the extra additions were ijs

It's a good team going all in for a SB. They were saddled with terrible QB play in 2019. They improved their pass defense, got even better with David + White + Barrett + JPP + Suh etc in the front 7. They are legit. Drafting Wirfs high in the draft to let Tom sit back or so they can run the ball.

Sewell at #4 incoming.

3 minutes ago, Rings said:

Taking first half numbers and multiplying them by two is a good way to figure out how someone will perform in the second half.  You should do that with the Falcon’s score in the first half of Super Bowl 51 and see how logic that holds up.  Let me know your findings.

I'm not making that argument. I'm just explaining Bradys raw stats won't tell the story because Tampa basically was in cruise control from early on in the third quarter. When the game was in question Brady carved the Kansas City defense like a Thanksgiving turkey, that's a fact. 

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Now it starts "Brady is responsible for Belichick success" arguments lol

IMO this doesn't diminish Belechick at all. I don't think Brady would have gone to the playoffs with the Patriots team this year. Bill is a good GM, keeping his teams stocked up and letting go of good players before they hit the skids.  

How can yall not read the post it says extra additions to the offense! Not him!

tbf, it was sorta a run on sentence but I re-read since you asked and understood the idea.

Gronk coming out of retirement was a coup no doubt, but again...who could have projected that? Still, Tampa was much better situation even in 2019 than people want to recognize. They didn't just "add a QB"...it's just not true.