Jump to content

Its Superbowl Sunday Yay! Game thread.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mahomes is one of the most talented QBs ever...and he just got his you know what handed to him.  His line failed him and Tampa’s defense played lights out.  Can we please knock it off with the QB wins

It kinda is.    Brady throws a pick that get negates by a phantom holding call.  TD shortly after. Defender trips while tracking a deep pass.  PI is called.  TD shortly after. Gronk f

Posted Images

Everyone loves putting down the NFL on twitter, but those the twitter health experts said there would be no season and cancellation of games. The majority of cases were due to players/coaches being reckless. The league deserves a ton of credit getting through the season.

That being said, Chiefs roll baby. 37-24.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fuego said:

I don't hate them at all. I'm rooting for Brady. 

I'd be here too if he didn't play for the Bucs. His greatness is undeniable. But Arians doesn't deserve a title after throwing him under the bus every chance he had when the going got tough, but now that they're rolling everything is gravy? Nah bruh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Is anyone actually excited about this game or is it more of a, "well it's the last game I might as well watch it?"
 

Feels like the excitement people had for the pro bowl back in the day.

That’s how I feel about it.  Doesn’t help seeing all of the “great moments from 51” replayed over and over.  Maybe someday the falcons can stop ending their season before the halfway point of a season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, football, Brady, Mahomes, Andy Ried's weird covid helmet mask, I don't care who wins really but I hope it's close.  My inner dumbness thinks it comes down to adjustments and that's Brady's edge.  But I'll find out in a while.

More important, what are y'all drinking?  

I don't know if you get this in Atlanta, I can't get it in Texas.  But Prichard's Sweet Lucy from Tennessee with lemonade is really the top contender for me today.  Make a pitcher and enjoy.   It'll be upper 60s today so I can get behind that.  But I'm open to other suggestions.  Whatcha got?

Prichard's Liqueur Sweet Lucy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll watch because it's the super bowl and I love football; and I don't want the Bucs to win but it won't bother me if they do.  

Now if it was the Saints, I'd be a bit more wound up.   

But honestly this season, this game, just isn't going to be remembered like a non-asterisk dealio.  

--

I just hope it's not an over-by-halftime type of contest.  I remember when Denver played the Seahawks and I was all amped, and the game was literally over after about 10 minutes.   That whole evening sucked donkeys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I think the big reason for why people have come to dislike him is that he continually deflects blame onto others. He blamed the struggles the Bucs had during mid season on Brady rather than himself. He blamed Jameis for 2019, although that ones kinda fair lol but Jameis was playing the style of offense that Arians preaches. 

When you hold people accountable, it comes across that way at times. You also have to know the player. You challenge Brady publicly, he demands more of everyone around him. You challenge some other guys publicly, they fold the tent. If a coach never challenges anyone, he is "coddling." If he does, he is passing the buck. Such is life on the big stage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got nothing but respect for Brady. The Falcons blew that superbowl but even with what they did, it took absolute perfect execution to still come back and win that game and Brady got it done. With a little help from his friends, like an impossible catch by Eddelman that is. As bad as the decision making was on the ATL side, 30 out of the 31 other QB's in the league still lose that game in my opinion. 

That being said, I think TB goes up early in this one and it's 24 to 9 at the beginning of the 4th and Brady and the running game stop any comeback 31-9.

With my luck at these predictions I just guaranteed a 48-45 game.

Edited by slider
Can't be wrong.
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, falcndave said:

When you hold people accountable, it comes across that way at times. You also have to know the player. You challenge Brady publicly, he demands more of everyone around him. You challenge some other guys publicly, they fold the tent. If a coach never challenges anyone, he is "coddling." If he does, he is passing the buck. Such is life on the big stage. 

It’s fine to hold players accountable, but the point I’m making is that he doesn’t hold himself accountable. That’s where I think people have the biggest problem with him. You can call Brady out for missing a throw, but you’ve gotta take blame for continually calling deep shots on 3rd and 1 and only running the ball 3 times before a QB kneel in the saints game, which he didn’t do. Basically what I’m saying he doesn’t hold himself accountable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Glad I don't take sports as serious as some of you. I'm going to enjoy every last second of it and give props to whoever wins, especially if Brady gets it. 

 

I'm good no matter who wins.

 

I like Brady and Mahomes/Reid.

 

Didn't really bother me seeing the Bucs win the SB the first time. With that said I hope the Falcons sweep the Bucs for sure next season if they are reigning SB champs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I'm good no matter who wins.

 

I like Brady and Mahomes/Reid.

 

Didn't really bother me seeing the Bucs win the SB the first time. With that said I hope the Falcons sweep the Bucs for sure next season if they are reigning SB champs.

Yeah folks really take it too serious. 

I'm cool with whoever as well. Love Patrick. Ultimately respect Brady. Seeing him win without Bill will settle one of the biggest debates. 

I gotta wonder though. It was reported that KC was looking into taking care of EB for years to come. I wonder if Andy wins this one will he head out and turn it over to EB. Probably won't happen but that just ran around in my head when I saw that this morning

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah folks really take it too serious. 

I'm cool with whoever as well. Love Patrick. Ultimately respect Brady. Seeing him win without Bill will settle one of the biggest debates. 

I gotta wonder though. It was reported that KC was looking into taking care of EB for years to come. I wonder if Andy wins this one will he head out and turn it over to EB. Probably won't happen but that just ran around in my head when I saw that this morning

 

I don't think Andy Reid retires this season after the SB.

 

I think Reid tries to be the first HC to 3-peat in the SB era. I could see him retiring after a 3rd SB because the Chiefs would then officially get the dynasty label.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah folks really take it too serious. 

I'm cool with whoever as well. Love Patrick. Ultimately respect Brady. Seeing him win without Bill will settle one of the biggest debates. 

I gotta wonder though. It was reported that KC was looking into taking care of EB for years to come. I wonder if Andy wins this one will he head out and turn it over to EB. Probably won't happen but that just ran around in my head when I saw that this morning

Andy doesn't look real well to me but I heard somewhere that when asked when he might retire he said "When Patrick Mahomes retires". Now I know that's just some funny$%^T to say to a question you don't really want to answer but man, he's looking worse every day. No telling how this thing with his son effects him. Also EB has been calling the plays on 1st and 2nd down throughout the playoffs. I suspect that will continue today. You can easily pick that up on the sideline shots when EB is talking into the mike while looking at the play card as Andy paces around. Andy takes the 3rd and 4th down calls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I'll watch because it's the super bowl and I love football; and I don't want the Bucs to win but it won't bother me if they do.  

Now if it was the Saints, I'd be a bit more wound up.   

But honestly this season, this game, just isn't going to be remembered like a non-asterisk dealio.  

--

I just hope it's not an over-by-halftime type of contest.  I remember when Denver played the Seahawks and I was all amped, and the game was literally over after about 10 minutes.   That whole evening sucked donkeys. 

10 minutes? The game was over on the first snap lol. I literally went to sleep before the first half was even over that game. Probably the most disappointing game ever considering it was arguably the best offense of all time vs one of the best defense of all time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I don't think Andy Reid retires this season after the SB.

 

I think Reid tries to be the first HC to 3-peat in the SB era. I could see him retiring after a 3rd SB because the Chiefs would then officially get the dynasty label.

I could see that

25 minutes ago, slider said:

Andy doesn't look real well to me but I heard somewhere that when asked when he might retire he said "When Patrick Mahomes retires". Now I know that's just some funny$%^T to say to a question you don't really want to answer but man, he's looking worse every day. No telling how this thing with his son effects him. Also EB has been calling the plays on 1st and 2nd down throughout the playoffs. I suspect that will continue today. You can easily pick that up on the sideline shots when EB is talking into the mike while looking at the play card as Andy paces around. Andy takes the 3rd and 4th down calls.

Yeah I remember him saying that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...