Its Superbowl Sunday Yay! Game thread.

Not even watching. I don't even watch the playoffs if ATL is not involved. Truthfully, I don't waste my time after we are eliminated either these days either. Seems pointless, and it has been pointed out at nauseum, every year is a BRAND NEW YEAR, so WTH the point of watching the 2nd half of a season you are already eliminated from.

Different strokes for different folks, and before the superfans and the posters getting their first pubes circle the wagons, I never missed a game until the 2nd half of the 18' season when I was certain that Quinn was potentially the worst football coach I have ever seen, including Swamp 1 & 2, June Jones and the rest of the gang. Maybe missed a game for sports or sick or some other reason over those years, but I put in my time.

1980-2018 like a faithful corporate yes man:).

Edited by PointSwayzee

25 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really care if the Bucs win or not? I kind of like watching their defense TBH.

Their front 7 is for real but their secondary is atrocious. Get away with holding all the time and are only surpassed by the saints. And there’s a lot of Bucs supporters on here so you’re not alone, but I definitely ain’t rooting for a division rival to win a SB. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Their front 7 is for real but their secondary is atrocious. Get away with holding all the time and are only surpassed by the saints. And there’s a lot of Bucs supporters on here so you’re not alone, but I definitely ain’t rooting for a division rival to win a SB. 

Wouldn't call them atrocious when they shut down two of the best offenses in the league back to back in the playoffs. They get turnovers and they make tackles, that's a secondary good enough to win it all.

Just now, Lornoth said:

Wouldn't call them atrocious when they shut down two of the best offenses in the league back to back in the playoffs. They get turnovers and they make tackles, that's a secondary good enough to win it all.

Brees shut the saints offense down more than the Bucs secondary did. They got away with holding the packers on a consistent basis, including the INT. It might be good enough to win it all, but they’re also playing the most lethal passing attack in the league now. We’ll see how they do considering they gave up 200+ yards to Hill the first time in the first quarter, but they did make adjustments that game. 

43 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really care if the Bucs win or not? I kind of like watching their defense TBH.

Me too. And I think they'll keep it a low scoring one. But I do hope they don't win. Hoping for and old school 13-10 chiefs win or something like that.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Yah, and I sure as f*ck don't want that sh*tbag organization with that dipsh*t coach to be the first.

What has Bruce Arians ever done to anybody lol I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m really asking if there’s something idk ab. Lot of ppl loved him when he was w Arizona

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

What has Bruce Arians ever done to anybody lol I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m really asking if there’s something idk ab. Lot of ppl loved him when he was w Arizona

😅

I just got through watching the "all or nothing" season from when he was with the cards. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Like, he's trying way too hard to connect with his players or something, doesn't realize he's almost 70 trying to act like he's 20, and ends up coming off like a d****bag.

image.png.e51b25f8770013d470ef0c99d19e77db.png

9 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I think the big reason for why people have come to dislike him is that he continually deflects blame onto others. He blamed the struggles the Bucs had during mid season on Brady rather than himself. He blamed Jameis for 2019, although that ones kinda fair lol but Jameis was playing the style of offense that Arians preaches. 

The Chiefs are the sexy public choice with an exciting young QB and some attractive skill position players. That said, such factors tend to reduce analysis of the game to things like Brady vs. Mahomes. The fact is, the Chiefs have some significant head wind. They are banged up all along the offensive line and their backup center missed a the weeks workouts due to haircut exposure to COVID. I understand how dangerous they are, but I don't know what answers they will have if the Bucs give them the same looks the Falcons did. The Bucs have better guys across the board. Pressure isn't their normal game, but both coaching staffs have shown great adaptability. I expect to see the Bucs crowd the A gaps at times and randomly rush anywhere from 3-5 from the same look. 

This game is VERY appealing from an x's and o's perspective. I would almost consider it an upset if the Chiefs win...unless they can get ahead 28-3 in the 3rd quarter. Even Brady can't come back from that!

13 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

😅

I just got through watching the "all or nothing" season from when he was with the cards. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Like, he's trying way too hard to connect with his players or something, doesn't realize he's almost 70 trying to act like he's 20, and ends up coming off like a d****bag.

image.png.e51b25f8770013d470ef0c99d19e77db.png

LOL honestly I could see that and I haven’t even watched that

13 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I think the big reason for why people have come to dislike him is that he continually deflects blame onto others. He blamed the struggles the Bucs had during mid season on Brady rather than himself. He blamed Jameis for 2019, although that ones kinda fair lol but Jameis was playing the style of offense that Arians preaches. 

That’s understandable. It could be his way of motivating his players tho

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

Not even watching. I don't even watch the playoffs if ATL is not involved. Truthfully, I don't waste my time after we are eliminated either these days either. Seems pointless, and it has been pointed out at nauseum, every year is a BRAND NEW YEAR, so WTH the point of watching the 2nd half of a season you are already eliminated from.

Different strokes for different folks, and before the superfans and the posters getting their first pubes circle the wagons, I never missed a game until the 2nd half of the 18' season when I was certain that Quinn was potentially the worst football coach I have ever seen, including Swamp 1 & 2, June Jones and the rest of the gang. Maybe missed a game for sports or sick or some other reason over those years, but I put in my time.

1980-2018 like a faithful corporate yes man:).

I don’t either.  If the Falcons are not in it I don’t watch.