Poll...Who Would You Draft At Four?

If We Stay At Four Who Would You Draft?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Draft If We Stay At Four And These Guys Are On The Board When We're On The Clock?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me Fields has the highest NFL ceiling. Sewell next. Still hoping we trade down and get stacked.

Many teams don’t just want, but need one of those top QBs.   Trade down and stock up on high picks ready to contribute this year at RB, FS, OL and DL.

So what this poll is telling me is that no matter what this place is gonna be a mess.......so par for the course.

I'm so against a QB and I do hope they trade back. **** I want a defense or at least the defense to get better

have been watching Parsons' vids, the guy is explosive and quick seems to be a guy the could move all over the place. That said I'd be fine with Sewell or Surtain too. Whoever they pick Im gonna be pulling for big time these last 3 years have sucked I miss competitive football. I do hope they find a **** good RB Chubba Hubbard has some quicks otherwise build the defense and pray the offense responds to CAS. If they are still here it's Ryan and Julio's last hurrah or **** close to it.

**** I remember watching Bart get old, then next thing you knew he was on the Rams.

12 hours ago, celtiksage said:

McGary played G and T in college. With his struggles against speed rushers and his shortcoming of lateral quickness, he might be better suited at OG anyway. Sewell also played OG until he went to college. Neither are unfamiliar with the position, but let the better man lock down the right tackle position and then let the next best man secure the OG spot. Our OL could be one of the best in the NFL in a year.

For a 2nd year RT, McGary showed steady improvement last year. We don’t need to move him anywhere.

Man, the only positions I can see a rookie stepping in and being an immediate upgrade over what we already have are FS, LG, RB and possibly CB.

No FS worth taking top 4 and going LG or RB at 4 would be ridiculous. 

Surtain should be there, but I dont believe he'll be the best player on the board. I guess if I had to pick, no trades allowed, I'd go sewell so we can get Jakes cap hit off the books as soon as it's convenient to do so.

Edited by Snafu
1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Man, the only positions I can see a rookie stepping in and being an immediate upgrade over what we already have are FS, LG, RB and possibly CB.

No FS worth taking top 4 and going LG or RB at 4 would be ridiculous. 

Surtain should be there, but I dont believe he'll be the best player on the board. I guess if I had to pick, no trades allowed, I'd go sewell so we can get Jakes cap hit off the books as soon as it's convenient to do so.

If that's the goal and Sewell turns out like a lot of people say he will, he's just going to be an even bigger cap hit than Jake on his 2nd contract. 

Had to flip a coin between Sewell and Surtain.  I really like Sewell at this pick but went with Surtain because I think he brings more to the defense at this time than Sewell's impact on OL right away and we haven't had a great secondary in like forever.  My best hope is to pick up a future first round pick and move down just enough to get Surtain. 

43 minutes ago, Power I said:

If that's the goal and Sewell turns out like a lot of people say he will, he's just going to be an even bigger cap hit than Jake on his 2nd contract. 

That's fine as long as he's worth it. I'm no Jake hater, but IMO, the dude is over-paid. 

His next 3 cap hits are 20.2M, 19.7M and 18.4M. He's getting paid more than guys like Tyron Smith, Terron Armstead, Ronnie Stanley and Eric Fischer. Dude is legitimately making Bakhtiari money for being about half as good.

Edited by Snafu
3 hours ago, Vandy said:

For a 2nd year RT, McGary showed steady improvement last year. We don’t need to move him anywhere.

He'd be even better OG. And he wasn't all that great (although I think he will be much better if his heart condition doesn't make him a short term player). Or there's 3 other spots on the OL. Put Sewell wherever he fits best.

Or better yet, trade back with the 49ers.

2 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

He'd be even better OG. And he wasn't all that great (although I think he will be much better if his heart condition doesn't make him a short term player). Or there's 3 other spots on the OL. Put Sewell wherever he fits best.

Or better yet, trade back with the 49ers.

Sewell probably will be BPA, but I’m obviously in the trade back camp. And want to see us first and foremost make defense #1 and running game 2nd a priority. 

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sewell probably will be BPA, but I’m obviously in the trade back camp. And want to see us first and foremost make defense #1 and running game 2nd a priority. 

Agreed.

that said, the best blue chip player could stabilize or catapult one side of the ball further.

I do believe trade down and infuse the roster could be as beneficial or more with the level of coaching improvement and longterm ability to add in FA approaching.

People can’t see the forest for the trees on the cap; as usual.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I'm with you on the trade back scenario. I have a good feeling SF could part with 2 firsts and 2 seconds to jump up and get Fields since they need out from under Tony G's contract in order to resign their LBer Wagner. Shannie had great success with another mobile rookie QB (RG3), and they're a QB short of a playoff team.

I am leaning toward hoping for a trade down. That said, I picked Parsons. Sometimes I think you have to have context when assessing who is BPA. That doesn't mean need. It means knowing what you are looking for in a player and what player your organization can work best with. I think Parsons, due to his potential unique fit in Peas system, could turn out to be the BPA of the draft if on the Falcons roster. As hard as I try, I can't assess BPA without context. Fields at the Jets, not BPA of the draft. Fields with the Falcons, potentially the PBA of the draft. It has nothing to do with team need. It is all about the environment a team provides to a player. Some crops grow better in different fields (no pun intended).