Matt Ryan on his future with the Atlanta Falcons

11 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I was gonna be all cool and not comment. 

BUT did he really REALLY just say quarterbacks need to be able to pick up 6-8 yards to extend drives?  Did he really?  
I know he can pass. But when the play breaks down and you have a hole and need a yard step into it. 

Yeeaahhh. I was real “side-eyed” about that lol comment. Seemed like he even knew it was ********. Matt know his run athleticism is questionable.

UnimportantElasticDwarfrabbit-small.gif

10 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

BUT did he really REALLY just say quarterbacks need to be able to pick up 6-8 yards to extend drives?  Did he really?  
I know he can pass. But when the play breaks down and you have a hole and need a yard step into it. 

He’s not the most athletic guy, or quick, but he does do that.  He may look like a wounded gazelle when it happens, but he is willing to run for those yards.

10 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Hey I can't bash MR about his running abilities. He looks like Sid Bream rounding 3rd in the final game of a championship series. But every time I think "I wish he had the wheels to get a first there" he takes off for 5-10 yards. Sometimes it's so ugly I wish he would've just chucked it out of bounds so we could punt. Watching him run is like one of those things you can never unsee. 🤣🤣🤣

Ok. I did bash his running ability. Nevermind. 

1 hour ago, Rings said:

He’s not the most athletic guy, or quick, but he does do that.  He may look like a wounded gazelle when it happens, but he is willing to run for those yards.

Ryan has more rushing yards than Brady and Brees be;I’ve it pretty not. I didn’t realize that he has 11 career rushing TDs and over 1300 yds rushing. 

Like you stated, it ain’t pretty but he does make the yards needed with his legs when it’s time.

‘I was thinking wounded giraffe, but wounded gazelle is pretty dam good 😂 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That’s my QB.  Assuming he is on the roster another 3-4 years, big things should be in store

"............and coming out onto the field to start his 23rd season in the league for the Falcons is that man they fondly refer to as Grandpa Ice......." 🤣

13 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Yeeaahhh. I was real “side-eyed” about that lol comment. Seemed like he even knew it was ********. Matt know his run athleticism is questionable.

UnimportantElasticDwarfrabbit-small.gif

It's not so much his run athleticism as it is his taking about 4 seconds too long to make the decision to get moving.  :ninja:

4 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Hey I can't bash MR about his running abilities. He looks like Sid Bream rounding 3rd in the final game of a championship series. But every time I think "I wish he had the wheels to get a first there" he takes off for 5-10 yards. Sometimes it's so ugly I wish he would've just chucked it out of bounds so we could punt. Watching him run is like one of those things you can never unsee. 🤣🤣🤣

you didn't watch much Brady, Manning or Palmer growing up did you...

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Ryan has more rushing yards than Brady and Brees be;I’ve it pretty not. I didn’t realize that he has 11 career rushing TDs and over 1300 yds rushing. 

Like you stated, it ain’t pretty but he does make the yards needed with his legs when it’s time.

Good interview.  Professional as always.  I’ve always said he looks like a baby deer when he runs lol.  

10 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

It's not so much his run athleticism as it is his taking about 4 seconds too long to make the decision to get moving.  :ninja:

Oh please. That was because of Koetter's 10 step dropback, long developing plays. That system was so bad, and especially bad for Matt's skillset. 

Matt can run when he has too. We've all seen it. Funnily enough, this last season was a down year for him rushing.

5 hours ago, celtiksage said:

You watch your apple hole!! Sir Bream is Royalty!!!

PotableDownrightAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

That TD run in the NFCCG a few years ago though.  Wasn't 'pretty'  but a thing of beauty putting it all out there to give us a nice lead over the Packers.