Kyle Pitts doesn't make sense at #4, but how about in a trade back scenario?

12 hours ago, Macintez said:

There was clips on YouTube, posted here, where dude didn’t even try to block who was in front of him and it lead to MANY negative plays by Freeman. It was horrible.

So he missed a couple blocks and now you're assuming those handful of plays was what he did always. You know how highlights are horrible to judge a player on? So are lowlights. 

27 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

So he missed a couple blocks and now you're assuming those handful of plays was what he did always. You know how highlights are horrible to judge a player on? So are lowlights. 

Consistency in effort always mattered to me. It’s always 3-4 plays that decide a game and as we learned this past season, the margin of error is thin. Jimmy Graham was a phenomenal TE early in his career but his lack of passion for blocking lead to Saints letting him go. There were plays where Hooper let defenders go RIGHT ACROSS him. If he tried? I wouldn’t even be having this conversation because effort does matter but dude looked straight up disinterested on those plays. I’m not looking for perfection I’m looking for effort and Hooper didn’t bring it every play. I saw that clip and it turned me off of him TBH.

Just now, Macintez said:

Consistency in effort always mattered to me. It’s always 3-4 plays that decide a game and as we learned this past season, the margin of error is thin. Jimmy Graham was a phenomenal TE early in his career but his lack of passion for blocking lead to Saints letting him go. There were plays where Hooper let defenders go RIGHT ACROSS him. If he tried? I wouldn’t even be having this conversation because effort does matter but dude looked straight up disinterested on those plays. I’m not looking for perfection I’m looking for effort and Hooper didn’t bring it every play. I saw that clip and it turned me off of him TBH.

Doesn't mean he was a bad blocker, regardless of how much effort you feel he's putting in. But for what it's worth Hooper's never had an effort issue. 4 plays over the course of his whole career doesn't change that. And I'm always the guy who writes a player off if they don't give good effort. It's why I never wanted Vic.

4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Doesn't mean he was a bad blocker, regardless of how much effort you feel he's putting in. But for what it's worth Hooper's never had an effort issue. 4 plays over the course of his whole career doesn't change that. And I'm always the guy who writes a player off if they don't give good effort. It's why I never wanted Vic.

I mean, I guess we have to agree to disagree because it’s subjective at the end of the day. You think he was adequate enough and that’s fine. I thought he displayed more of a passion for receiving than blocking. Either way he’s gone now.

2 hours ago, shock said:

I wouldn’t mind trading back twice and ending up with both Zaven Collins & Najee after the first night. 

May seem like a stretch, but teams are desperate for QBs and will make dumb trades to get one. 

If we trade back twice with QBs on the board both times this board will detonate. And I’ll be here all like...

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, Lornoth said:

It’s still subjective tho. If he misses a block and he tried to keep someone in front? This isn’t even an issue. If you feel he was adequate, that is fine. But I’m not invalidating your opinion. I felt he was a garbage blocker due to lack of effort on plays. I know where you stand so I won’t go against it.

22 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

pitts is a much bigger mismatch problem than Hurst

We don’t need another matchup problem Pitts is just a luxury pick we can’t afford.

If AS can’t get Julio Ridley Gage and Hurst going and goes with Pitts I’ll say it now we are farked.

If this teams draft and FA isn’t about running the football and defense get ready to be disappointed.Have a look at the South everyone is trending in that direction.We don’t need another passing matchup problem we need defense and running game.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

We don’t need another matchup problem Pitts is just a luxury pick we can’t afford.

If AS can’t get Julio Ridley Gage and Hurst going and goes with Pitts I’ll say it now we are farked.

If this teams draft and FA isn’t about running the football and defense get ready to be disappointed.Have a look at the South everyone is trending in that direction.We don’t need another passing matchup problem we need defense and running game.

Defense, Run game, good ST return man. All three units making plays when needed.

Anyone that says Pitts can’t block hasn’t really watched him fully. That assumption mainly stems from the fact that in Mullens offense more often than not he’s split off the line and didn’t have to block. Whenever he was in run situations where he had to block(usually only in goal to go sets) he always handled his man. Kids still growing as well and a NFL S&C program is only going to make him better. 

All that said, this team has way bigger needs that a TE right now and after trading a 2nd for one last year I don’t see us going after another so high.