Todd Gurley talks to Doug Gottlieb

58 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

At this point. I really don't care what he has to say. Falcons did their fanboy PR signing last year and he needs to vanish. Injuries has destroyed many good players careers, and it is unfortunate. I don't think he is even an NFL back at this point. 

Troffed 

16 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Troffed 

I well mean, the writing was on the wall when the Rams cut him. 

He showed nothing at all last year. If his name was not Todd Gurley, he is out of football after teams look at film from 2020(and 19' really). Like he was running in quicksand. No burst, blocking was average, and simply teams don't have to account for him in the game plan. That equals out of the league because, he is not going to accept he is not an "elite" back and take a vet minimum.

Might not have too when you have teams like the Falcons worrying about PR moves instead of sound football decisions. 

48 minutes ago, hjerry said:

The only reasons people can come up with to keep are past accomplishments and that he's a good person.

The NFL is a business. Move on

Yeah, I like Gurley as a person but it's sad to see how quickly he's trended down.  The average length of a RBs career in the NFL is 2.57 years, the shortest of all positions.

I've been of the mindset that you should draft a good one in the second/third round and do it again (if necessary) when their initial draft term is up.  Maybe even consider one in the first to get that fifth-year option if their promise of being a first rounder is realized then move on, and do it again instead of paying huge bucks out and having salary cap issues. 

8 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Yeah, I like Gurley as a person but it's sad to see how quickly he's trended down.  The average length of a RBs career in the NFL is 2.57 years, the shortest of all positions.

I've been of the mindset that you should draft a good one in the second/third round and do it again (if necessary) when their initial draft term is up.  Maybe even consider one in the first to get that fifth-year option if their promise of being a first rounder is realized then move on, and do it again instead of paying huge bucks out and having salary cap issues. 

This is logical thought.  If you don't draft a RB every two years,you are asking for trouble.  Falcon's currently = trouble.

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

The only reasons people can come up with to keep are past accomplishments and that he's a good person.

The NFL is a business. Move on

He still has great value as a redzone RB.  He had 9 or 10 TD’s last year which is a great number, especially when you consider he was basically shut down after week 8.

He just isn’t a between the 20’s back anymore unless it’s just a series or two per game

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

This is logical thought.  If you don't draft a RB every two years,you are asking for trouble.  Falcon's currently = trouble.

Pretty much my mindset.  Get your primary in 2nd/3rd round and every couple of years, get depth somewhere in the 4th-6th.  I really like Harris at our second pick though I don't think he'll drop past the first and I think we really need some picks at secondary (CB & Safety) that'll make our fronts more effective. 

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He still has great value as a redzone RB.  He had 9 or 10 TD’s last year which is a great number.  He just isn’t a between the 20’s back anymore unless it’s just a series or two per game

No, he really doesn't

You're in serious denial. Talk to a professional 

37 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

9 TD’s in 9 weeks.  As a team in 2019 we had just 10 rushing TD’s.

If we can provide similar RZ production next year in a limited role, I’d welcome him back

That's what happens when you get all the goal line carries. Who's to say a better complete rb wouldnt get just as many or more?

2 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I like him.  Seems a good guy and all.  But does he have a place on the team moving forward.  I'd have to say probably not.  I don't see him taking vet minimum, what's the point?

Yes him, Qadree Ollison and a rookie back

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He still has great value as a redzone RB.  He had 9 or 10 TD’s last year which is a great number, especially when you consider he was basically shut down after week 8.

He just isn’t a between the 20’s back anymore unless it’s just a series or two per game

Yeah the dude still has elite vision. His body is just broken down. I just can't see bringing him back unless it's like the vet minimum, and he's not gonna do that.