15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Love me some Mack I do but it’s time.

He’s not what he was still can do a job but reality is he’s off contract and I don’t see him being back with the Falcons.

Wish him well.

Another guy who played with a broken leg in the SB,should of had a chip.

Yep...Mack was such a warrior during our SB run.  To me, he was a top 2 center in 2016/2017.  With adequate guard play he is still a top 10 center.  SF is a good choice for him

2 hours ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

Thats interesting. I wonder if the FO said one way or another they were willing or not willing to re-sign him or if he figured he would be a cap casualty

Its more likely he would choose to sign elsewhere imo.. And can't blame him for making a decision to benefit him.. Wish Mack the best 

Would love to see Jake Matthews move to Center and get a bigger bodied Left Tackle.  Matthews has the Bloodline and the Cerebral to take over the Center position, and the way the rules are set up now, the Center has a lot of protection, which would fit into Matthews' slightly less-than-optimal build for an edge Olineman...

3 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Should’ve gotten him a SB, but can’t change the past. Sound like his time is done as a Falcon which was expected. Hopefully we get an adequate replacement because Hennessy has inspired no confidence in being the successor for me. 

how much did Hennessy play? the last two games? how many first team snaps would he have gotten in practice, with mack set as the starter?

so a rook plays two games, and you've already decided he's inadequate, because he couldn't beat out an all pro 10 year vet?  not counting that we now have changed coaching completely. yeah let's go ahead and give up on the guy. good grief

3 hours ago, papachaz said:

how much did Hennessy play? the last two games? how many first team snaps would he have gotten in practice, with mack set as the starter?

so a rook plays two games, and you've already decided he's inadequate, because he couldn't beat out an all pro 10 year vet?  not counting that we now have changed coaching completely. yeah let's go ahead and give up on the guy. good grief

It seemed that we were finally able to run between the tackles those two games. Don't know how much of that was Hennessy and how much was Ito.

GO FALCONS!!!!

5 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Would love to see Jake Matthews move to Center and get a bigger bodied Left Tackle.  Matthews has the Bloodline and the Cerebral to take over the Center position, and the way the rules are set up now, the Center has a lot of protection, which would fit into Matthews' slightly less-than-optimal build for an edge Olineman...

Not madden or Tecmo...the guy has never played a down at center in college or the NFL. Seems like a sound plan. 

Matthews at this point(and honestly since he was drafted)is nothing more than an extremely high paid very average LT. 

9 hours ago, papachaz said:

He’s showed no positives so far. He played earlier in the season too (which he shouldn’t have but Quinn decided to put him in). Even when McGary had a rough rookie year he showed upside. The C position is too important for us to go all in on Henny. If we are trying to win with Matt and Julio, then that’s not something that we should be doing. Now if we are gonna try and rebuild, then it doesn’t matter. 

you must have watched some different games, there were actually running lanes for Ito inside when he was in there....

but oh well, some of y'all just can't grasp that not every rookie can be an instant all pro, or that the oline needs time to work together to gel.

and pretty sure the few times he played earlier in the season were at LG, under an OC who wants road graders instead of speedy zone blocking type guys. but no, let's totally disregard that part of it

3 hours ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Mack was the best FA signing of the dimitroff era. I'm worried about our C position next year without him.

Me too... but I'm also a little worried if we bring him back. He hasn't been the same for several season now and there's no telling if he will continue to regress and/or start to get hurt. On the other hand I'm also less than thrilled to hand thigs of to Hennessey. 

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Love me some Mack I do but it’s time.

He’s not what he was still can do a job but reality is he’s off contract and I don’t see him being back with the Falcons.

Wish him well.

Another guy who played with a broken leg in the SB,should of had a chip.

Thought you said " Love me some Matt, I do , but it's time " ... 

11 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Whaaaaa?