• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best most clutch catch in the history of the sport.  Don't @ me.

Seeing this only puts one thought into my head.  

Matt didn't make that throw teenage Zach Wilson snuck on the field in a #2 jersey and made it.  

1 hour ago, Mr.11 said:

Smh man. And people still blame Ryan for that loss. I remember saying to myself on that play... Well, good try NE, but that's game, set, match. 

I literally just slid down off the couch into the floor in disbelief. And elation in what should have been a game sealing circus catch. I don't get upset at people trolling and saying 28-3 online when they see I'm a Falcons fan. I get upset when I see this play, or Alfords pick six. Plays that should have wrapped that game up. That pick six should have been it, I know it wasn't close to over at that point but most teams fold after the lead we put up and how we did it. **** Tom Brady and Kyle Shanahan. 

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

11 was injured that whole playoff run aswell.

Funny no one mentioned this outside of the locker room.

Only time fans seem to mention injury to 11 is when he doesn’t play go figure.

The media tells you the story it wants to make money off of.

Just the reality show aspect of the game.

Atlanta is No Fun League when it comes to national media. We are mostly useful as the redhead stepchild. Tear down, belittle and be hypocritical ourselves by cherry-picking the positives and spinning stories for the likes of Brady.

It sells. It makes money. Why support Atlanta? It’s a choke-capital and “28-3” is all the media cares about wrt Falcons: the easy sell; not the painful truth others don’t want to hear. “Excuses” vs “heroism”

Ironic because two years earlier Kearse made an insane catch for Seattle. But it's a footnote because of what happened two plays later. And their opponent was...the Patriots.

Regardless, that's one of the best throw and catches I've ever seen. Preseason. Regular season. Postseason. Doesn't matter. I was absolutely stunned he made that catch. Game clincher....or so we thought.

2 hours ago, athell said:

Image result for julio jones sb catch gif

Once i have watched this in amazement about 100 times, I turn my focus to Ice in the background.

He just looks soooo baadazz in that shot.

Thats how he was the entire season, anything he put up, he knew was complete...  what a magic moment.  It sucks, but I embrace it.

2 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Smh man. And people still blame Ryan for that loss. I remember saying to myself on that play... Well, good try NE, but that's game, set, match. 

We had Matt Bryant and didn’t play for a 2 score lead.

Like, if it was the 3rd Q still or start of the 4th? Okay. But c’mon man!! Lol just goes to show what coaching and player gaffes combined will do.

NE Defense was fresh. Ours was twice the snaps.

^DQ called the game like the inverse of that was true.

Once Kyle left, we all knew it was gonna be hard to have a historic offense continue to carry the lifeless defense. The hope was always, we could get a coach for offense still and DQ will deliver on the defense eventually...it never happened.

And that run game to keep the defense fresh? Only existed...wait for it...for the 2 playoff teams. You can’t rely on a broken defense to live without a run game to shorten games. That’s why Dirk and no run game was writing on the wall...I drank the Koolaid. I wanted to believe. Hey, maybe Mike Mularkey will bring out the run game? Lol dude retired year after. Run game still sleeping somewhere in a dream.

This is why I’m so pumped for hiring the most sought after candidate and best offensive mind since Kyle + a legit beast of a DC in Pees.

There is track record mixed with modern creativity. The question is whether AS can handle the HC aspects while calling the offense. If he can “ignore” the defense to the capable hands of Dean P? It’ll be fluid and a learning curve but it’s the best shot we have.

Re-load and get the roster right.

4 hours ago, athell said:

Image result for julio jones sb catch gif

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

That ball had to be placed perfectly, a couple of inches lower or shorter, defender would have knocked it off, any higher Julio probably wouldn't have caught. Julio had inches to locate and catch the ball. One of the best throw and catch I have seen in SB.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

that should have been one of the most famous catches in the history of the SuperBowl - but now it is just a footnote in the worst blown lead in all history of American sport.

Whenever this comes up in a thread for the past 4 years I have always said if we'd won that game that might have been remembered as the greatest SB throw and catch ever. 

The article title is right on. 

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Nope.  Manningham

i also like the manningham throw and catch better, tyree's was a great highlight circus catch (like catching a ball on someone's leg, fml), but the manningham one was pure magic.

that been said, i still don't know if i would rate it higher than julio's catch, wouldn't argue against it tho, just think the julio catch was higher degree of difficulty.

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

*DISCLAIMER; Please know this is not directed at you.

This dumb fanbase focuses more on these 2 Greats; yes GREAT, Falcon players and blaming them for not being what they THINK they should be (expectations vs reality of greats still needing good teammates and coaching); than holding accountable TD and DQ for terribly performed duties...or other players that faltered.

We should’ve never been in position to even have that SB in our pocket.

But we did get in position. We were in position.

And then, gave the game away.

All in the name of slogans and coach speak; to a fault. Defense was just bad. People defend it that game but look at the big picture:

All the yards. Look at the LONG drives. They basically made 2 lasting plays that game; strip fumble (stopping a deep drive) and pick 6 (stopping a deep drive) and went rest of the game being cut up and was part of keeping our offense off the field. (Aside from the Grady sacks and YES our offense did struggle to sustain vs their much better defense than their O had to deal with vs our D)

”sack leader” Vic Beasley nowhere to be found (oh how we would go on to learn)

And what’s dumb is what if we had Tru? Or AC? Or a healthy Mack? Schraeder? TeCo?

It takes more to win a SB; with THAT team, than the playcalling seemed to take into account. It was a borrowed time playoff run. Ironically, we had cheated death by giving Kyle full reign.

^We haven’t had an OC close to that caliber since; with all due respect until now (tbd AS seems capable tho). Meanwhile, DQ never got elite caliber talent to carry his stale defense; like he had in LoB era.

Mike Smith would’ve never lost us that situational opportunity.

DQ needed someone to check him on his staff; someone to say WAKE UP, but apparently he was too much of a yes man...no one wanted to go against the flow he preached.

Mike Smith would have said pass?? Ehh **** no we are running the ball..we were gashing them all game then just stop smh