How would you feel about drafting Jamie Newman at QB if he was available as 3rd round pick?

8 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He could learn from Matt Ryan 2-3 years. Some think he would be a steal at 3.

He's in the same boat as Mond to me.  Both need development time.  It would not hurt my feelings to get a guy like that, especially if Benkert isn't part of the future.  

Trading a QB who has potential can net decent picks later.  We traded Schaub for two seconds.  

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

He's in the same boat as Mond to me.  Both need development time.  It would not hurt my feelings to get a guy like that, especially if Benkert isn't part of the future.  

Trading a QB who has potential can net decent picks later.  We traded Scahub for two seconds.  

And then got Schaub back in the end.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

OP. Feb is not the time to assign which round a pick will be in the draft. Guys fall and rise pretty quick. 

Absolutely.  We seen it every year.  Stock way up, or down.  To me, its media hype as the teams really already have a decent grasp of who can do what by this point in as far as game tape.

I’ve mentioned him a few times on these draft a QB threads. He’s the perfect option in the third. He’s got many of the same traits as Fields, Wilson and Lance,  with tons of potential. Had he played, he’d likely be a high 2. He still might be. 

He also doesn’t cost you the 4, and most importantly, doesn’t compromise the current team’s chances of winning, since it’s known from day one he’ll be a developmental guy. 

Take him and Wilson. Ryan can teach Wilson and then Wilson can teach Newman.

Then when Ryan gets too old the team can replace him with Wilson. When Wilson gets too old at 27, then Newman can step in for him.

I get it now guys. I think a QB every two years will really make this team.