I can’t believe I’m saying this... But, if we’re talking best player available? It’s not out of the question to take Kyle Pitts.

5 hours ago, Macintez said:
KPitts.jpg
  • Kyle Pitts, 6-6/246 

• Tight End 

• Florida 

Kyle Pitts Scouting Report 
By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths: 

Player Comparison: Travis Kelce/Calvin Johnson.

I didn’t pay attention to him until this scouting report. I just watched some highlights....

We may have to get this guy.

• Amazing mismatch weapon 
  • Fast for a tight end; wide receiver speed 
  • Athletic and fast enough to play wide receiver 
  • Speed to separate; shakes and runs by defensive backs 
  • Excellent route-runner 
  • Burst out of his breaks 
  • Change-of-direction skills 
  • Extremely athletic, agile 
  • Good run-after-the-catch skills 
  • Rare and tremendous red-zone weapon 
  • Elite 50-50 pass receiver 
  • Never truly covered 
  • Leaping ability 
  • Great catch radius 
  • Makes catches with ease over defensive backs 
  • Phenomenal middle-seam tight end 
  • Highpoints the ball well 
  • Superb body control 
  • Fast release off the line 
  • Size/speed mismatch versus defensive backs and linebackers 
  • Good height, length and weight 
  • Dangerous down the seam 
  • Dangerous on contested catches 
  • Soft hands 
  • Sure-handed
  • Adjusts to the ball well 
  • Willing blocker 
  • Excellent intangibles 
  • Hard worker; loves football 
  • Good teammate 

Im not against it..I've always been a bpa guy..imagine him and hurst rid and julio lol 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would prefer him over Chase. No knock on Chase, but Pitts with Julio and Ridley. This could change the Matt argument.

Kyle Pitts, 6-6/246    Tight End    Florida    Kyle Pitts Scouting Report  By Charlie Campbell    Strengt

I'd much prefer this over another wr. 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I've asked for examples of teams that draft pure bpa multiple times...I never get an answer.

It’s because BPA is Subjective unless there is a clear cut generational player. Houston had JJ Watt but still took Clowney. Detroit had Roy Williams but still took Calvin Johnson. Redskins had Sean Taylor but still drafted Laron Landry. ****, we had Julio Jones and a terrible defense and drafted Calvin Ridley. But all scouts have different opinions so not too many prospects are universal except the ones I mentioned.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I've asked for examples of teams that draft pure bpa multiple times...I never get an answer.

BPA is actually going to be a subset on any draft board, not the all caps top of it. A team like, say KC, wouldn't even have a QB on their board. So, even if a QB is ranked as BPA by a mile in a general sense, they'd only see that guy as trade bait, not an option to actually draft.  

It's unlikely we have WR on our first round board, as another example. We're absolutely loaded down at the position. So, other positions then become 'bpa' on our board, because we've eliminated the Chase/Waddle/Smiths of the world. 

What is cool, or terrifying with this draft, is we really have no idea where we are going or what the mindset is.  FA will tell us everything.  We will see cuts, and because of TF, some low flying FA signings that may be head scratchers to us but will show the methodology and the thought process of the team build.

I love this **** more than the actual players selected.  The chess moves are so interesting.

Taking a TE at 4 would not be ideal considering the one that we just shelled out a 2nd round pick for had a good season....not the season that I thought that he would have but still a solid season.

As someone mentioned if we traded back to the teens and he was still there then that would not be bad... assuming we hit FA hard for positions like Safety, Corner, LG,edge etc.

As nice as it would be to have 2 TE's who can be major mismatches...we have several other pressing issues.

As a UGA Fan, I've seen this guy be an absolute beast. I would normally not even consider a TE at #4, but the dude is a GAME CHANGER, and that is what you should be looking for at #4. I'd be happy with it. I really want Sewell, but if we took Pitts, that would be great too.  I do believe in the BPA, and drafting game changers high. If he's the guy, make it happen TF.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

BPA is actually going to be a subset on any draft board, not the all caps top of it. A team like, say KC, wouldn't even have a QB on their board. So, even if a QB is ranked as BPA by a mile in a general sense, they'd only see that guy as trade bait, not an option to actually draft.  

It's unlikely we have WR on our first round board, as another example. We're absolutely loaded down at the position. So, other positions then become 'bpa' on our board, because we've eliminated the Chase/Waddle/Smiths of the world. 

I think this is MOSTLY true, but if one of those WR's is clearly the BPA, it wouldn't shock me that TF pulls the trigger. JJ is getting long in the tooth, and at some point, he'll need to be replaced. Without JJ, you don't have that 1 - 2 punch, so adding another receiver is not a bad idea. If JJ has an injury prone year in 2021, he most likely won't be back in 2022. 

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Dude, that is hilarious! Old Danny Boy loved him some TE's! 

Umhm

I remember in 1999 we traded the 2000 first pick and I .....like most thought it was going to be for Peerless Price and then he selects....Reggie Kelly, who was a good blocker but was meh as a receiver.

And then 2 years later he selects Crumpled and his response to that was.......you can never have enough tight ends.

6 hours ago, Macintez said:

From everything that I’ve seen and read, if people are being %100 honest and not adding positional value? He’s the number 2 prospect in the draft. He’s just a TE, which isn’t the most dire position on the field; It’s a luxury position. But this dude has the skill set to be a lock to succeed at the next level.

Going off mocks I've seen I'd imagine he'd be under Lawrence, Sewell, Parsons, and Chase/Smith probably. Top prospect without a doubt, but I don't see him being BPA over those fellas.

8 hours ago, Macintez said:
KPitts.jpg
  • Kyle Pitts, 6-6/246 

• Tight End 

• Florida 

Kyle Pitts Scouting Report 
By Charlie Campbell 

Strengths: 

Player Comparison: Travis Kelce/Calvin Johnson.

I didn’t pay attention to him until this scouting report. I just watched some highlights....

We may have to get this guy.

• Amazing mismatch weapon 
  • Fast for a tight end; wide receiver speed 
  • Athletic and fast enough to play wide receiver 
  • Speed to separate; shakes and runs by defensive backs 
  • Excellent route-runner 
  • Burst out of his breaks 
  • Change-of-direction skills 
  • Extremely athletic, agile 
  • Good run-after-the-catch skills 
  • Rare and tremendous red-zone weapon 
  • Elite 50-50 pass receiver 
  • Never truly covered 
  • Leaping ability 
  • Great catch radius 
  • Makes catches with ease over defensive backs 
  • Phenomenal middle-seam tight end 
  • Highpoints the ball well 
  • Superb body control 
  • Fast release off the line 
  • Size/speed mismatch versus defensive backs and linebackers 
  • Good height, length and weight 
  • Dangerous down the seam 
  • Dangerous on contested catches 
  • Soft hands 
  • Sure-handed
  • Adjusts to the ball well 
  • Willing blocker 
  • Excellent intangibles 
  • Hard worker; loves football 
  • Good teammate 

You’re not wrong. Pitts is money 

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I think this is MOSTLY true, but if one of those WR's is clearly the BPA, it wouldn't shock me that TF pulls the trigger. JJ is getting long in the tooth, and at some point, he'll need to be replaced. Without JJ, you don't have that 1 - 2 punch, so adding another receiver is not a bad idea. If JJ has an injury prone year in 2021, he most likely won't be back in 2022. 

If nothing else, a good wide receiver on a rookie contract is nice trade bait.  Or picks if we don't resign him.

4 hours ago, thanat0s said:

It's entirely possible. I'm glad you mentioned CJ, too, because I see Pitts as a bit of a hybrid. Like CJ or Shannon Sharpe for the older guys. He has all the athleticism to split wide at any time. An offensive attack with Rid, JJ, HH and Pitts would undoubtedly create huge mismatches across the board.

Exactly. I been following him since he was a kid. A friend of mine coached him and said he is the new style beefed up WR tight end. He is a willing blocker though. Strong. But his real value is you have to cover him with a corner. a good corner who can cover. Most LBs and Ss will be outmatched. He going to be faster than most receivers. He is 6'6 and can catch. Some teams may want to flex him out. If David Boston can be a WR, then Kyle sure can.

But its a chess match. I think someone said he is like Kelce. Blocking is probably the only thing he isnt Elite in but he is willing and gets his nose in there.

I am not a Florida fan so i have only seen him one the SEC features on Saturdays. But i am from philly so i know people who worked with him thru high school where he was a man among boys.

Oh and to answer the question, he is a luxury pick. I would say it depends on what is on the board. Do we take him before Lawrence or Chase or Smith or Sewell... No. I personally think you dont take him over Fields or Lance. But i have no idea what we are thinking in Flowery Branch. I have to think Smith is saying if i can come away with Fields or Lance and dont need to start them day one. We could mirror what Chiefs did with Mahomes. No pressure, plays when he is ready. But we have QB solved for 10 years and flip Matt for assets next year or beyond.