Guess We Will Pick RB Round 1

We all know what happens when Blank speaks during the off-season ...lol

Joking aside, I’m glad he spoke up on this issue.  Hopefully we are smart and trade out of 4th.  Drafting Parsons (10th range), then Williams or Najee followed up with Moehrig in the 2nd round would be a nice Day 1 of the draft for the Falcons

FalconsIn2012, I am certainly not intending to hijack your thread and ask forgiveness in advance! I hope you don't mind me asking this here! I always have heard and know it's true, that moving up from college to the big league is a big difference. Game moves faster, players move faster, everything in general goes into overdrive to a rookie. I would imagine that this is also a consideration during the draft as possible picks are discussed. I would also imagine that the coaches on staff are taken into consideration for their ability to work with these possible picks. Would that be a correct assumption? Also, how do you feel about the known coaches so far, and their ability to work with and get the best out of the unknown picks that we get? I know it's a stretch, but curious.  Thanks!

I just wish we could know what happened to Ollison.. Imo, its Dleds fault we dont really get updates on players.. We are cursed to have the worst sports writer in history.. I hope Dled will be replaced at some time.. Guy never seems to put any effort into storys.. For all the access he gets to the team, the amount of work is pitiful 

11 minutes ago, Barnabus_D said:

FalconsIn2012, I am certainly not intending to hijack your thread and ask forgiveness in advance! I hope you don't mind me asking this here! I always have heard and know it's true, that moving up from college to the big league is a big difference. Game moves faster, players move faster, everything in general goes into overdrive to a rookie. I would imagine that this is also a consideration during the draft as possible picks are discussed. I would also imagine that the coaches on staff are taken into consideration for their ability to work with these possible picks. Would that be a correct assumption? Also, how do you feel about the known coaches so far, and their ability to work with and get the best out of the unknown picks that we get? I know it's a stretch, but curious.  Thanks!

Man, don't apologize for trying to increase your knowledge. If you're worried about sounding stupid i assure you that there are others on this board (myself included at times) who each have their moments. All is good. To answer your question, arthur is simply repeating what he must to keep people guessing ( playing poker). But, you can be assured that due diligence has and will be done with this team. Arthur is tired of losing and is getting older

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

I just wish we could know what happened to Ollison.. Imo, its Dleds fault we dont really get updates on players.. We are cursed to have the worst sports writer in history.. I hope Dled will be replaced at some time.. Guy never seems to put any effort into storys.. For all the access he gets to the team, the amount of work is pitiful 

It's only going to get worse with TF mocking him in his first interview haha.

2 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

What'd he do?

He always has the first question and he was joking how he didn't get his in and then mentioned the bowtie.  Also answered his question about how GMs shouldn't be available during the season and that teams should have one voice (HC) during the season and GMs should be available during the offseason primarily.  This doesn't mean interviews or other things, just not daily updates from what I gathered.  D-Led was not happy with that response.

8 hours ago, Williamb said:

Man, don't apologize for trying to increase your knowledge. If you're worried about sounding stupid i assure you that there are others on this board (myself included at times) who each have their moments. All is good. To answer your question, arthur is simply repeating what he must to keep people guessing ( playing poker). But, you can be assured that due diligence has and will be done with this team. Arthur is tired of losing and is getting older

He's also telling the truth. The run game has to be established. No team is going to win without a competent run game. That can be anything from needing a running back, better run blocking, better play calling, etc. At this point everyone is literally guessing and are going to put their own twist on anything the front office and in some cases players say.

Buckle up. Don't know how long y'all been on this board but you're going to be seeing alot of wishing, misinformation, misinterpreting, completely misleading, non self formed opinions, etc these next couple of months so be careful who you receive your info/knowledge from

He was saying this in 2017 Quinn was saying this in 2017

Then no one was running the ball. They fired Sark.

In 2019 he was saying run the ball. Quinn was saying we will run the ball.

They hire Koetter. They don't run the ball.

Quinn is fired. Morris said we need to run the ball more. They don't run the ball more.

Morris is gone. Koetter retires to the big 4 verticals in Idaho.

The rest of the staff is gone. They hire Arthur Smith who likes to run the ball.

Blank says we need to run the ball!

2021 ....I guess we wait and see.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

He's also telling the truth. The run game has to be established. No team is going to win without a competent run game. That can be anything from needing a running back, better run blocking, better play calling, etc. At this point everyone is literally guessing and are going to put their own twist on anything the front office and in some cases players say.

Buckle up. Don't know how long y'all been on this board but you're going to be seeing alot of wishing, misinformation, misinterpreting, completely misleading, non self formed opinions, etc these next couple of months so be careful who you receive your info/knowledge from

The funniest are the 10+ page arguments over interpreting the same quote different ways

27 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He was saying this in 2017 Quinn was saying this in 2017

Then no one was running the ball. They fired Sark.

In 2019 he was saying run the ball. Quinn was saying we will run the ball.

They hire Koetter. They don't run the ball.

Quinn is fired. Morris said we need to run the ball more. They don't run the ball more.

Morris is gone. Koetter retires to the big 4 verticals in Idaho.

The rest of the staff is gone. They hire Arthur Smith who likes to run the ball.

Blank says we need to run the ball!

2021 ....I guess we wait and see.

Wildcat on the way!

13 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I got no problem with Sewell and then Harris, Etienne, or Williams 

This would be my approach, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is AS & TF's. AS says, "it all starts up front", and our OL has not been getting it done in the running game. AS wants a strong running game, so the OL needs to get fixed. Even if you say that the OL just needs better coaching, the OL needs another stud. Take Sewell, and everyone will end up happy.

15 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We all know what happens when Blank speaks during the off-season ...lol

Joking aside, I’m glad he spoke up on this issue.  Hopefully we are smart and trade out of 4th.  Drafting Parsons (10th range), then Williams or Najee followed up with Moehrig in the 2nd round would be a nice Day 1 of the draft for the Falcons

I guess that's a no for Mr. Todd Gurley on wanting to return.

4 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

This would be my approach, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is AS & TF's. AS says, "it all starts up front", and our OL has not been getting it done in the running game. AS wants a strong running game, so the OL needs to get fixed. Even if you say that the OL just needs better coaching, the OL needs another stud. Take Sewell, and everyone will end up happy.

its all about the scheme in my opinion. we've seen other teams have successful run games with less talent on the oline. and it has nothing to do with coaching them up, its because of the scheme.