The two players that will benefit most from Arthur Smith

On 2/4/2021 at 10:39 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

When I clicked on the thread I expected Hurst to be one of the two.

It’ll be interesting what Smith does with Hurst. Historically from the time that he’s been involved with the Titans on the offensive side (he was a defensive quality coach initially) the TE production has vacillated. Delanie Walker had big years from 13 to 17. Hurst is probably a better athlete than walker...

‘but as you well know Smith is an EP concept OC type so he does play to strengths. 
‘But one key point is when Smith was the actual OC, Jonnu Smith didn’t put up eye-popping numbers. The run game and WRs ran the show. But smith is also a heckuva blocker.

does hurst block well enough for Smith?

so who knows.

‘thoughts?

3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

It’ll be interesting what Smith does with Hurst. Historically from the time that he’s been involved with the Titans on the offensive side (he was a defensive quality coach initially) the TE production has vacillated. Delanie Walker had big years from 13 to 17. Hurst is probably a better athlete than walker...

‘but as you well know Smith is an EP concept OC type so he does play to strengths. 
‘But one key point is when Smith was the actual OC, Jonnu Smith didn’t put up eye-popping numbers. The run game and WRs ran the show. But smith is also a heckuva blocker.

does hurst block well enough for Smith?

so who knows.

‘thoughts?

We have one TE under contract. Hurst. That's it bro. Arty will have to add at least two via draft, free agency or trade. Trust me. He needs an in line blocker that can make fifth option catches. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves. "You can never have enough TEs." There always seem to be great TEs in the Bowl. Kelce and Gronk coming up tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We have one TE under contract. Hurst. That's it bro. Arty will have to add at least two via draft, free agency or trade. Trust me. He needs an in line blocker that can make fifth option catches. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves. "You can never have enough TEs." There always seem to be great TEs in the Bowl. Kelce and Gronk coming up tomorrow.

Good point on that. Isn’t Jonnu Smith a FA?

I haven’t checked. For the record, i won’t cry if we drafted Pitts at #4. He’s a legit all around playmaker

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He's a TE and WR. Willing blocker. I wouldn't be mad either. Kinda of a Waller on steroids.

That’s a good description. I see a bit of Mike Evans in him too. Dude has some hands and makes some insane catches. Trask isn’t nearly as accurate at Matt. I could think of worst things than a two TE set with Hurst and him. 

Not to mention if Julio is declining, he’s a cheaper replacement without sacrificing playmaking ability

11 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

That’s a good description. I see a bit of Mike Evans in him too. Dude has some hands and makes some insane catches. Trask isn’t nearly as accurate at Matt. I could think of worst things than a two TE set with Hurst and him. 

Not to mention if Julio is declining, he’s a cheaper replacement without sacrificing playmaking ability

We gotta trade down. Nothing is a great fit at four. We could pick up a second and maybe more. There should be someone we could dance with (DEN, DAL, NYG, SF, NE, WFT). Get on the phone now Fonty.

The bottom of the first is ripe with decent picks like Pitts, Najee, Rousseau, Moehrig, Etienne, Jaelan, Barmore, Ojulari, you name it. Plug the holes with FAs. Trade down and go BPA throughout. Get stacked.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We gotta trade down. Nothing is a great fit at four. We could pick up a second and maybe more. There should be someone we could dance with (DEN, DAL, NYG, SF, NE, WFT). Get on the phone now Fonty.

The bottom of the first is ripe with decent picks like Pitts, Najee, Rousseau, Moehrig, Etienne, Jaelan, Barmore, Ojulari, you name it. Plug the holes with FAs. Trade down and go BPA throughout. Get stacked.

I hope so. 

I’m like you i don’t really see a great QB of the future like many do, and it’s a good year to get a haul in picks and add capable players.

Checked my mock out yet? I always love it when you call me mocker focker 😂 

Bro, we think exactly alike this year. I love all the players that you named. Add Parsons to your list.

if we stayed at #4 i could see Sewell, and then move Jake to LG. I think he’d be much better there.

I’m not completely sold on McGary yet either

11 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I hope so. 

I’m like you i don’t really see a great QB of the future like many do, and it’s a good year to get a haul in picks and add capable players.

Bro, we think exactly alike this year. I love all the players that you named. Add Parsons to your list.

if we stayed at #4 i could see Sewell, and then move Jake to LG. I think he’d be much better there.

I can't justify QB at four. Only way is if he's top on Fonty's board. TATF love Wilson. I'd take Fields over him. 

I haven't seen your mock but I'm sure it's fockin great. Post it here please.

I think Parsons will go in the top half. He's in my BPA group at four. As beater.

Sewell and Slater are my top BPAs so far. It starts up front. Move Bloodline if we take one of them.

McGary is a whippin boy. I really hope he can give us something in 2021 but aint counting on it.

18 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I hope so. 

OK I just checked out your plan. Unless the league grants $20M in Covid relief I can't see how it's fiscally possible. Help me with that.

8 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

What are we getting next year from a 33 year old Jones? Seriously, are we to totally write off 2020 and what he was as a football player to fit the agenda? Was Jones a pro-bowl level in 2020, just asking for a friend. Even when "healthy" the separation was not there like years in th past. He was dropping balls all year long with that bomb that hut him in the hands being the most blatent.

This is the reason people hated the Julio holdout/extension. Had nothing to do with Julio the person, but the amount of money he is owed while his body ages and skill deteriorate was an terrible decision(paying a 34 year old receiver 20+ is a joke). I would argue that he was not remotely close to what he was paid in 2020, you think that is going to change in 2021?

Falcons for life.

Ryan at least goes out there every single week and would probably get up and try to play with a broken leg. Jones plays 1-2 downs a series and then spends plays in between streching on the sideline(often in HUGE play situations!!!)..it is not getting better because we have a new coach.

Agree. Trade him for anything. Way overated. We arent winning and he aint scoring touchdowns, still.