Arthur Blank on CBS radio at 4

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so just finished listening.    they introduced him as one of the true gentlemen in the game.    -people needing to be connected  and the role social media has done to connect people  

Me thinks the ‘trade Ryan/Julio’ crowd is gonna have a nervous breakdown hissy fit. 

He said "we have no plans to replace MR." And in order to move on from MR there has to be a smooth transition plan. But no plans have been discussed. Same for Julio when the time comes. He a

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I’m not against it, however it’s not the only option on the board, and may not be the best. I’ll defer to the new regime and trust their decision. 

My way of thinking as well. I despise those who think QB is the only option. Could definitely trade back and steal someones future. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Anything’s ‘possible’, I guess. I’m in the camp of seeing falcons take a developmental guy such as Jamie Newman in 3rd - 4th round or later.  But a QB near top of Rd 1 of this draft for us with so many other areas of need is not only highly improbable, but foolish.

Honestly this isn't crazy.  You may see a flier with one of our comp picks on a Newman, Mond or Crum.  I'm still orange tinted sunglasses praying we fit in Sam Ehlinger just to placate my Texas homerness....😀👍

17 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Pick the QB thats gonna take up a lot of cap to sit is not the move imo 

Going to take up 6 mil of cap space next year.... 7.5 the 2022 season

I hear ppl bring up Jordan Love sitting behind rodgers.... Loves cap hit doesnt event hit 3 mil until his 3rd year.... Dude cap hit was like 2 mil last year..

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

well who knows, right?  even if Falcons aren't interested in QB they will say they are to increase the leverage to trade the pick.

however, it is 100% logical that you would be at least - looking - at the QBs.

It’s absolutely the correct thing to do if you want to drive up the value of the pick. The downside would be that some other team can trade up to jump us and maybe get our desired player. 

30 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

It’s absolutely the correct thing to do if you want to drive up the value of the pick. The downside would be that some other team can trade up to jump us and maybe get our desired player. 

But what do you actually see us getting for our #4 pick? If anything id take a trade for a good cb but i dont believe we'll be able to afford it. 

10 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

But what do you actually see us getting for our #4 pick? If anything id take a trade for a good cb but i dont believe we'll be able to afford it. 

That’s the thing. I don’t know. If the org decides to go and sit him im fine with that as long as we address our pass rush. I prefer a trade down. 

40 minutes ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

What happened to Arthur Smith and the Falcons posturing for trade value after his statements on the Rich Eisen show? Now when Blank  says "Matt is our guy" it is the gospel truth? Seems like many people will believe what they want to fit their agendas.

It may all be posturing. But when an owner like ours comes out publicly  and says something like we are sticking with Matt Ryan, I tend to believe him. 

53 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

true - but that would happen anyway.   Most other NFL teams looking QB are going to be targeting that #3 spot for a QB regardless of what happens at #2 if Zach Wilson and Justin Fields hold up in testing and the like.

I would think most other NFL GMs would look at Falcons and think Falcons are 50/50 on taking a QB and the maneuvering could be hectic and competitive - so teams aren't going to be passive based on if Fontenot/Smith said Falcons would not take a QB anyway - we are in liar's season from now until late April.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

true - but that would happen anyway.   Most other NFL teams looking QB are going to be targeting that #3 spot for a QB regardless of what happens at #2 if Zach Wilson and Justin Fields hold up in testing and the like.

I would think most other NFL GMs would look at Falcons and think Falcons are 50/50 on taking a QB and the maneuvering could be hectic and competitive - so teams aren't going to be passive based on if Fontenot/Smith said Falcons would not take a QB anyway - we are in liar's season from now until late April.

I think you’re right in the gyms thoughts: 50/50 on taking QB. Kinda like the ratio of opinions here. 

even in liars season I don’t see AB coming out supporting MR to be false. Your thoughts?

I still struggle to see a scenario where if we take a QB at 4 they aren’t starting by 2022 season. You just don’t take a QB at 4 to sit for multiple years. Not when a team has so many needs.

give me a guy like Ehlinger, Trask, etc. in round 2-3 if we want to develop a guy for 2-4 years. I’m not gonna say which one is the right guy, but develop a second tier guy. If the team doesn’t feel the QB has ‘it’ in a couple seasons they can go back to the well.

just glad to hear Blank say talk to the GM, not me. 

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I still struggle to see a scenario where if we take a QB at 4 they aren’t starting by 2022 season. You just don’t take a QB at 4 to sit for multiple years. Not when a team has so many needs.

give me a guy like Ehlinger, Trask, etc. in round 2-3 if we want to develop a guy for 2-4 years. I’m not gonna say which one is the right guy, but develop a second tier guy. If the team doesn’t feel the QB has ‘it’ in a couple seasons they can go back to the well.

just glad to hear Blank say talk to the GM, not me. 

"just glad to hear Blank say talk to the GM, not me."

Music to my Ozzy induced hearing loss ears.