Arthur Blank on CBS radio at 4

VTCrunkler

25 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Ah he also said Mahomes came from an undisciplined system and needed to sit for that year to learn the discipline required in the NFL.

He also asked AS that what it would be like because we didn't have a Derrick Henry.  He said of AS- that there shouldnt be a problem, or that we could work around that, or something.

50 minutes ago, Jesus said:

What the heck does Billy White Shoes Johnson have to say for 20 mins?

"I was NOT down before I rolled into the endzone" "I was NOT down before I rolled into the endzone" "I was NOT down before I rolled into the endzone" "I was NOT down before I rolled into the endzone" "I was NOT down before I rolled into the endzone" "I was NOT down before I rolled into the endzone"

:ninja:

37 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

He said "we have no plans to replace MR." And in order to move on from MR there has to be a smooth transition plan. But no plans have been discussed.

Same for Julio when the time comes.

He also said MR is aware they could select a QB at any time but MR is their starting QB with no plans to move on from that.

He was also asked if he is open to listening to calls about a trade scenario regarding MR.

And he had the greatest response. He said he would thank them for their call, and tell them they are talking to the wrong person. They should call the coach and GM. Then he would be involved with input at some point but don't present the plan to him. 

this ain't gonna sit too well with the haters

:munch:

30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Anything’s ‘possible’, I guess. I’m in the camp of seeing falcons take a developmental guy such as Jamie Newman in 3rd - 4th round or later.  But a QB near top of Rd 1 of this draft for us with so many other areas of need is not only highly improbable, but foolish.

Might be available later than that after his Senior Bowl performance.

51 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

@Macknsweetjones, @g-dawg, @Sidecar Falcon, sounds like you may have been right. QB is possible even with Ryan staying. 

well who knows, right?  even if Falcons aren't interested in QB they will say they are to increase the leverage to trade the pick.

however, it is 100% logical that you would be at least - looking - at the QBs.

37 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Anything’s ‘possible’, I guess. I’m in the camp of seeing falcons take a developmental guy such as Jamie Newman in 3rd - 4th round or later.  But a QB near top of Rd 1 of this draft for us with so many other areas of need is not only highly improbable, but foolish.

I am in 100% agreement.  Jamie Newman, or any other developmental prospect is the way to go.  

Trade down and augment draft assets.  Then start adding BPA's all over the field.  

41 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I am as well...I just admittedly didn’t think a QB was a possibility with the 4th overall pick. But based on what Matt has said, and what blank has said, it sounds like it’s actually on the table for discussion

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

VT beat me to it. But yes he mentioned a plan like GB had with Favre to Rodgers and also to Love.

In a nutshell he was mum about pick #4. Hahaha

Something we've told you trade down guys FOREVER. It is what it is, pick Wilson and sit him.

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I am as well...I just admittedly didn’t think a QB was a possibility with the 4th overall pick. But based on what Matt has said, and what blank has said, it sounds like it’s actually on the table for discussion

Thus driving up with price of the pick for other teams. There's zero reason for us to say we aren't interested in a qb. You lose all leverage in a trade. 

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

He said "we have no plans to replace MR." And in order to move on from MR there has to be a smooth transition plan. But no plans have been discussed.

Same for Julio when the time comes.

He also said MR is aware they could select a QB at any time but MR is their starting QB with no plans to move on from that.

He was also asked if he is open to listening to calls about a trade scenario regarding MR.

And he had the greatest response. He said he would thank them for their call, and tell them they are talking to the wrong person. They should call the coach and GM. Then he would be involved with input at some point but don't present the plan to him. 

Blank seems to be shooting 💩